traits
blessed be the warriors
die standing

going to be making the fluff later on when i figure my list out

HQ
MoS
(termie honours/jump pack/pair of LC's) 165
Epistolary
(iron halo/jump pack/termie honour/bp/familiar)
(might of heros/veil of time) 231

ELITES
10 man assualt squad
(furious charge/2xplasma pistol/1x sarg w/ pf) 285
10 man assualt squad
(furious charge/2xplasma pistol/1x sarg w/ pf) 285
dread
(assualt cannon/DCCW/extra armour) 110

TROOP
5 man tact squad
(lascannon) 90
5 man tact squad
(lascannon) 90
5 man tact squad
(lascannon) 90
7 man scout
(6x sniper/1x hb) 126

FAST ATTACK
1x LST
(HB/AC) 80
1x LST
(HB/AC) 80
1x LST
(HB/AC) 80

HEAVY SUPPORT
8 man dev squad
(4x bolter/4xmissile) 200
whirlwind
(cant decide on which turret yet/) 85

total 1997

as you can see the lib and chappy each take an assualt squad
the tact squad are suppose to pop tanks w/ the lascannons
the whirlwind is going to be laying mine or firing on infantry
the LST's are to push up the flank and go troop hunting
scout will fire on high toughness chars or pin squads so my LST's can hit them hard
my assualt squads are going to rush up behind cover and leave thier ranks a mess

can u guys tell me how you think this list would do vs all comers

all help is appreciated
thx
deadpool420

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Pretty good list.

the only i would personally change is having 2 HQ's. u only need 1. i would consider dropping the librarian and using the points to give the chaplain an assult squad to join (since you gave him a jump pack)

theres nothin wrong with ur tac squad set ups but u need to be aware that they are not offensive. they will do best when standing still and firing. if u move they are wasted for that turn. So just be aware of that.

Otherwise, not bad ;)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
My mistake you already have the assult squads. i would still drop the lib though. use 1 assult squad normally as planned. and use 1 WITH the chaplain. Use the librarians points on a predator annihilator or another dread with anti-tank weapons (Venerable, TLLC & ML & tankhunters) as you will need some mobile antitank power. the tac squads can take out armour but only if it comes to you. but your strategy is offensive so YOU will be going to them. Consider making your tac sqauds assulty type ones rather than shooty. if your going to be offensive you might aswell go ALL-out. rather than half offensive half defensive.
i know you said u would move the tac squad using cover but that will only stop them from dieing. it wont change that they wont be bale to provide support. which will leave your attacking units rather alone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4 assualt cannons can also be anti tank and 3 are very mobile and i said i would be moving the assualt squads using cover not the tacts

the tacts are for anit tank and to come in later and mop up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts