Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there. i was just messing around on my army and wondering if anyone had pointers that could make this 2000 point list better thanks.

this is what i got

LORDS:

Sorcerer Lord - MoT, lvl 4, Dispel Scroll - 315pts

HEROS:

Exalted Hero - MoT, Hw/s, BsB, Talisman of Preservation ( 4+ ward save ) - 195pts

Exalted Hero - MoT, Hw/s, Chaos Steed, Gold Sigil Sword ( attacks are made at Initiative 10 ) - 156pts

CORE:

18 Chaos Warriors - MoN, Full Command, Hw/s Blasted Standard ( 5+ward save vs attack in the shooting phase ) - 388pts

16 Chaos Marauders - MoK, Full COmmand, Fails - 130pts

5 Chaos Hounds

5 Chaos Hounds

Special:

18 Chosen - MoN, Full Command, Halberds, Wailing Banner ( Causes terror ) Favor of the Gods ( +1/-1 to eye of the gods table ) - 477pts

7 Chaos Knights - MoK - 280pts

Total 2000pts

this is a friendly army tho tournaments i wouldn't mind going into
now with this army the sorcerer is suppose to got into the warrior block while the bsb goes into the chosen block. and note these are all my models and i probably wont get much for a little while. so any tweaking with these guys is what i can do really. thanks for any advice :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Give the knights a musician and maybe a magic standard. I'd also change the mark on the warriors from nurgle to tzeentch for more survivabilitywith a 5+ parry and 4++ ward against shooting. The chosen really shine with a warshrine but you're not using one so you may want to just change them to regular warriors and use the points to buff your characters. Your hero is already initiative 6, making him initiative 10 is sort of a waste.

·
Registered
484 Posts
looks great for a friendly list with a competitive edge. only change id really recommend is to swap the gold sigil sword for a sword of swift slaying. his initiative is high enough. giving him ASF will ensure he hits first against most anything AND gets rerolls.
remember, with a magic weapon he cannot parry, so he has only got a 3+/6++. a small survivability item might help if you can afford it somehow.

oh also id kick the knights down to 6, and buy some more marauders. 16 is way too small. 20 should suffise 30 w/flails is optimal. 1 knight=8 marauders. maybe remove a block of dogs, or drop warriors/chosen based on the characters that are joining the units to squeek the extra points through.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the advice. ya my points are off for the knights i didn't add the 30 for the Mok. but with most of you saying i should put in something else. i cant really. don't have the model to get a warshrine or more marauders. thanks tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts