Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help making a 2000pt list for a tournament. please help!

HQ
Shas’o: Plasma Rifle, Fusion blaster, shield generator, Hard-wired multi-tracker = 133pts
Shas’vre: Plasma Rifle, Fusion blaster, shield generator, Hard-wired multi-tracker = 98pts
Shas’vre: Plasma Rifle, Fusion blaster, shield generator, Hard-wired multi-tracker = 98pts
Shas’o: Plasma Rifle, Missile pod, shield generator, Hard-wired multi-tracker = 135pts
HQ = 464pts

ELITES
2 XV8’s: Each with plasma rifle, missile pod, and multi-tracker = 130pts
XV8: Twin-linked fusion blaster, shield generator = 68pts
6 Stealth Suits: bonded = 190pts
ELITES = 388pts

TROOPS
12 Firewarriors: Bonded = 130pts
TROOPS = 390pts

FAST ATTACK

HEAVY SUPPORT
Hammerhead: Railgun, smart missile system, multi tracker, decoy launchers, target lock = 180pts
Hammerhead: Railgun, smart missile system, multi tracker, decoy launchers, target lock = 180pts
Hammerhead: Ion Cannon, 2 Burst Cannons, multi tracker, decoy launchers = 145pts
HEAVY SUPPORT = 505pts

OK, this is at 1747pts. I have quite a couple of available units i can add.

1.) I have 20+ drones so i could include 2 gun drone squads
2.) I have a pathfinder squad w/ RR so could have a full squad plus a few seekers
3.) i have 36 kroot so can add some krooty goodness!
4) I have 10 more firewarriors

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
drop two hammerheads, if you are gona fight eldar or dark eldar with WWP or WG (Webway portal or warp gate) you are gona get REALY screwed cause taloses and wrathlords will acts like can openers on your hamerheads, and the fun thing is: YOU WONT BE ABLE TO STOP THEM. Instead I would take another 10 man firewarrior squad and a squad or two of gun drones. Focus on soldiers not tanks. I play Dark Eldar and when I used a WWP in a battle vs 2000 pt Tau, next turn 2 of my taloses came out and automaticaly took down one hammer head while a ravager took down the second, the raider squads with lances took down the last one. This all happened on ONE turn. Just make sure you dont make the same mistake he did.

·
Shrubs for the Blood God
1,144 Posts
I'm fairly sure your not dumb enough to take Wraiths advice and enter a 2000 pt toruney with just one rail head so you'll be effective against two of the many armies you'll probably face so I'll hit the more important stuff.......

Do you have 2 HQ's or just one HQ with a typo. Spaces, bullets and such go a long way towards making your list readable.

I think either some kroot or gun drones would really help you list. The kroot would be an excellent infiltraition/meatshield to protect your static FW element. On the other hand a squad or two of gun drones could add some effective frontline support for your suits. I myself would go with the drones but thats a matter of personal preference.

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry, there are 2 HQ'. The plasma/fusion shas'o is accompanied by bodyguards and the fireknife shas'o is by himself.

So, the best option is to add a gun drone squadron and a 20 man kroot squad? i have enough room pts wise.

·
Shrubs for the Blood God
1,144 Posts
If you got the points do it. More models, more wounds, more attacks. Its a win win situation with the Kroot covering your FW's and the Drones covering your suits.

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
yeah, ok, how is my advice dumb? A smart opponent will bring those gunships down within the 1st two or three turns or simply hide from them (which is probably a better idea) but thats not the point, my point is losing 3 hammerheads isnt exactly pleasing especially in the tournamrent. U can think what you want but I say troop focus is sure to inflict tons more casualties to the enemy, no matter whoever they are.

(Ow yeah, almost forgot. If you take hammerheads pray your opponent doesnt use too many artilery weapons, which they will probably will when seeing half grand points in tanks, and crossfiring deepsrikers also wont be friendly :cry: (((Scourges, lictors, etc)))

ANyway, just make sure you check out the opponents in the tournament to see what they use and how you can counter whatever they have.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
gen.nehring said:
need help making a 2000pt list for a tournament. please help!

HQ
Shas’o: Plasma Rifle, Fusion blaster, shield generator, Hard-wired multi-tracker = 133pts
Shas’o: Plasma Rifle, Missile pod, shield generator, Hard-wired multi-tracker = 135pts
HQ = 464pts
Hm. I'm not a fan of Bodyguard units - if you want that many Crisis Suits, however, go for it. The one thing I would suggest is that for the lone Shas'O, drop the Shield Generator. It will save you some points, and since he doesn't have any Bodyguards he doesn't need it when using IC status - he seems to be a more "hang back" type, and the other group is more "in your face" to me.

gen.nehring said:
ELITES
ELITES = 388pts
Not bad - I'm assuming you know how to use them well enough, so, no advice to give here if you want that many Crisis Suits. :yes:

gen.nehring said:
TROOPS
TROOPS = 390pts
Reasonable, but I personally prefer the Shas'ui upgrade to Bonded.. just a thing for me. ;) You might consider buying a squad or two of 10 Kroot - invaluable wounds, they can also harass the enemy, soak up some fire, and drive off enemy infiltrators. You might think about investing in a Devilfish or two to get your Firewarriors to objectives, etc.

gen.nehring said:
HEAVY SUPPORT
Hammerhead: Ion Cannon, 2 Burst Cannons, multi tracker, decoy launchers = 145pts
HEAVY SUPPORT = 505pts
Looks good to me.

gen.nehring said:
OK, this is at 1747pts. I have quite a couple of available units i can add.

1.) I have 20+ drones so i could include 2 gun drone squads
2.) I have a pathfinder squad w/ RR so could have a full squad plus a few seekers
3.) i have 36 kroot so can add some krooty goodness!
4) I have 10 more firewarriors
I would recommend throwing in some Kroot (squads of 10, they aren't meant for a big assault), and then add maybe a Devilfish or two for your Firewarriors. Just one would be enough to give you a more mobile element. After that, you might look into Drones as a decent harassment unit, or more Firewarriors. Only include Pathfinders if you are familiar with them - however, I wouldn't suggest Rail Rifles. Cost lots of points, and you want them with Markerlights to support your other squads.

Hope this helps!

-LN

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WraithGuardian said:
yeah, ok, how is my advice dumb? A smart opponent will bring those gunships down within the 1st two or three turns or simply hide from them (which is probably a better idea) but thats not the point, my point is losing 3 hammerheads isnt exactly pleasing especially in the tournamrent. U can think what you want but I say troop focus is sure to inflict tons more casualties to the enemy, no matter whoever they are.

(Ow yeah, almost forgot. If you take hammerheads pray your opponent doesnt use too many artilery weapons, which they will probably will when seeing half grand points in tanks, and crossfiring deepsrikers also wont be friendly :cry: (((Scourges, lictors, etc)))

ANyway, just make sure you check out the opponents in the tournament to see what they use and how you can counter whatever they have.
lol, i'll let some one else respond to this, it'll take too long to write it all

anyways, back on subject.....

i think i'll go with 20 kroot and a gun drone squad. 2 squads of 10 to protect firewarriors and gun drones to harass the enemy accompaning the lone shas'o.

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
WraithGuardian said:

Heh heh do you have any idea exactly how hard it is to kill Hammerheads, they can move 12" with the multi and still shoot so most experienced Tau players will move 12" a turn and gain the skimer galncing rule (if you dont know it, it basically means any hit even penetrating are counted as glancing) so that means rolling for damage on the glancing table which means 6 to destroy it and 5 to immobalise, but decoys allow you to reroll the immobalised which means a 3/5 chance of surviving.
I have never and I mean never lost 3 HH in any game.
Also your point about hiding from the THREE hammerheads, yeah right they can move 12" and still fire the main weapon, try hiding from that.
Troops are important but against most lists the subs will inflict massive casualties, in one tournie against orks I killed 36 Orks in one turn with the subs. Try that with troops.
Why would HH be scared of artillery weapons any hit is still downgraded to glancing and with the scatter effect its often the case the shot strentgh is halved.
Deep strikers still have to hit the HH and again are usually rolling damage on the glancing table, if they get in CC (Lictors) they have to roll 6's to hit so wont damage the Skimmer the majority of the time, to use rending effectively against skimmers you need lots of attacks.
Anyway it does not matter how smart the opponent, it is hard to kill HH no matter what you use.

To the list
gen.nehring said:
HQ
HQ = 464pts
Lose the shield gens (I used to argue for them but have seen the error of my ways) the weapons fits are fine, best bit of advice I could give is lose the BG and take 2 drone squads, 1 for each HQ XV8 and use the circular formation tactic discussed in threads on this forum, they will ensure your most valuable assets (Shas) stay alive and you still have 16 twin linked STR5 shots a turn. Trust me on this take the drone squads

So 2 Shas'O's minus shield gens and HW multi (you can take normal hardpoint multi)=108pts x 2 = 216pts
2 Gun drone squads 96ptsx2 = 192pts = 54pt saving and a tougher HQ

gen.nehring said:
ELITES
ELITES = 388pts
Stealths fine but lose the bonding, you really dont need it.

XV8,s well the 2 man team give one the team leader upgrade and give him a HW target lock, means the team can target two seperate units much more efficient.
The lone suit lose the shield gen and give him a plasma rifle and hw multi.

So 77pts for the team leader and 67 pts for the other XV8
79pts for the lone XV8
180pts for Stealth team

gen.nehring said:
TROOPS
TROOPS = 390pts
Lose the Bonding really it is not needed just take a Shas'Ui the extra point of LDS will be all you need, rallying is not a priority if the enemy is close enough to warrent running away you have failed to play the FW properly.

gen.nehring said:
FAST ATTACK
Gun drone squads as discussed.

gen.nehring said:
HEAVY SUPPORT
HEAVY SUPPORT = 505pts
To be honest i would lose the SMS they are ok but if your serious about tournie play you will want to do one thing and thats keep distance between your opponent and your Hammerheads, so that SMS will not be used so the target lock becomes irrelevent
I always take the same HH fit Railgun, Burst cannons, Multi and Decoys for 165pts, for the points it is the most efficient fit.
I would lose the Ion cannon you have enough XV8's to do whatever job that Ion is intended for and believe me you will get so much more use out of the submunnition round in tournys.
So 165pts x 3 = 495

This totals 1696 for the list which leaves 304 pts wow

Well I would take 20 Kroot for 140pts (bog standard unit no upgrades of any kind) in either 1 squad or 2 of 10 kroot, each have their own benefits and downfalls, check some threads on Kroot for advice, me I go for 1 unit of 20 as support for my FW, others swear by infiltrating 2 units of 10.
I would also take the pathfinders Devilfish give it decoys and put a unit of FW in it and use it as mobile reserve and objective taker.
so thats 140 pts + 85 = 1921. so I would take another XV8 same fit as the lone suit for 79pts

So thats 2000pts exactly I think

HQ Shas'O PL/FU/MLTI x 2 = 216pts

Fast attack 2 GD squads = 192 pts

Elites
1 team of 2 XV8's
1 with PL/MP/MTLI/TL(hw) =77pts
1 with PL/MP/MTL = 67pts

1 team of 2 XV8's both with TL FU/PL/ MLTI(hw) 79pts

Stealths X 6 =180pts

Troops

2 X 12 FW one Shas'Ui 260pts
1 X 12 FW one Shas'Ui in Devilfish with Decoys 130 = 85 = 215pts.
1 x 20 Kroot = 140 pts (or 2 units of 10).

Heavy support

3X Hammer heads with RG/BC/MLTI/DL 165pts = 495

total pts 2000 / Model count 88.

This list is hard hitting and balanced and not actually much different to your original concept you only lose 1 XV8 but gain some much more hard hitting and survivable zXV8's in return and gain a lot more firepower and a bit of CC ability with the Kroot and last you gain some more mobility with the DF firewarrior squad

Hope this helps just take whats usefull and discard the rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts