1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2000 Pts - Tyranids Roster - Unnamed

HQ: Hive Tyrant (4#, 266 Pts)
1 Hive Tyrant @ 266 Pts
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Twin-linked Devourer (x2); Psychic Scream; Synapse Creature; The Horror
3 Tyrant Guard @ [135] Pts
Rending Claws; Scything Talons

HQ: Hive Tyrant (1#, 168 Pts)
1 Hive Tyrant @ 168 Pts
Adrenal Glands +1 In; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Winged; Scything Talons (x2); Psychic Scream; Synapse Creature; The Horror

Elite: Carnifex (1#, 113 Pts)
1 Carnifex @ 113 Pts
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Twin-linked Devourer (x2)

1 Carnifex @ 113 Pts

1 Carnifex @ 113 Pts

Troops: Genestealers (6#, 120 Pts)
6 Genestealers @ 120 Pts
Extended Carapace +1 Save; Rending Claws

6 Genestealers @ 120 Pts

6 Genestealers @ 120 Pts

Fast Attack: Ravener (4#, 160 Pts)
4 Ravener @ 160 Pts
Rending Claws; Scything Talons (x1)

Heavy Support: Carnifex (1#, 208 Pts)
1 Carnifex @ 208 Pts
Bonded Exoskeleton; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Reinforced Chitin; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon

Heavy Support: Carnifex (1#, 208 Pts)
1 Carnifex @ 208 Pts
Bonded Exoskeleton; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Reinforced Chitin; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon

Heavy Support: Trygon (1#, 290 Pts)
1 Trygon @ 290 Pts
Bio-eletric Field; Scything Talons (x2); Scythe Tail

Total Roster Cost: 1999

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
get rid of the stats.. it's against copy right and forum rules to post what upgrades do i.e(reinforced chitin= + *)

The biomorphs effects are allowed I think, there is a sheet with all the biomorphs and what they do available for free download from the GW site (ude the heading know your enemy or somesuch)

·
Registered
301 Posts
My view; ignoring the ravener (never used one) it looks farily solid!
Changes I would make:
1) your first walking tyrant - I would drop the devourers for longer ranged weapons = or at least one longer ranged waeapon, like a vennom cannon - make him a threat from the first turn.

2) the raveners, as you are not using any other fast attack slots, split them up between them - this might sound daft, but it really works well when you have (eg) 3 raveners in different slots - as your opponent can only kill one per round of fire from a squade - no matter how many wounds they cause - it keeps the raveners alive for longer. Though keep them close together to support each other.

3) the tyrant with wings I would personaly give warp field to rather than scream, Mainly because he is the fast attack creature - he will be out hte front drawing fire - so make him as hard to kill as possible.

4) zoanthrops. If you were to swap out 1 carnifex for 3 zoanthropes then give them scream and warp blast you then have a very hard to kill unit and the ability not only to put down some heavy shots but also to run a choir of screams in the army - which if very effetive at breaking opponents squads. Even if you make change 3 and take one scream away you still have 3 on the board - thats -3 to leadership when in range - and the zoanthrops will be in range as soon as your devourer fexes are.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My view; ignoring the ravener (never used one) it looks farily solid!
Changes I would make:
1) your first walking tyrant - I would drop the devourers for longer ranged weapons = or at least one longer ranged waeapon, like a vennom cannon - make him a threat from the first turn.

2) the raveners, as you are not using any other fast attack slots, split them up between them - this might sound daft, but it really works well when you have (eg) 3 raveners in different slots - as your opponent can only kill one per round of fire from a squade - no matter how many wounds they cause - it keeps the raveners alive for longer. Though keep them close together to support each other.

3) the tyrant with wings I would personaly give warp field to rather than scream, Mainly because he is the fast attack creature - he will be out hte front drawing fire - so make him as hard to kill as possible.

4) zoanthrops. If you were to swap out 1 carnifex for 3 zoanthropes then give them scream and warp blast you then have a very hard to kill unit and the ability not only to put down some heavy shots but also to run a choir of screams in the army - which if very effetive at breaking opponents squads. Even if you make change 3 and take one scream away you still have 3 on the board - thats -3 to leadership when in range - and the zoanthrops will be in range as soon as your devourer fexes are.
It's a toss up with the Zoanthropes. Do I give up a sniper-fex for three S10 shots? Sure, sounds nice. Heck, it's more wounds with more shooty for less points. Only problem is, it's not a MC. I'm stuck on themes and giving up another Fex for some Zoanthropes is a really tough decision for me. It's something I'd have to mess around with to see if I liked it or not.

My Flying Tyrant is pretty much nothing more than a bullet magnet. He ALWAYS dies first or second turn. I try to keep him as cheap as possible so I don't lose too many points. I could probably stick Warp Field on him without much of a problem but I have some heartburn spending 190+ points on a flyrant. This will actually be the first time I ever played without Warp Field. If I stick in the Zoanthropes I'd have plenty of points left over to put Warp Field back on the Flyrant, so...perhaps.

I have all the Raveners in one squad so they can pop on the table the turn after the Trygon all in the same place, able to move, fleet, assault the turn they come on, AND all in the middle of the enemy :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
thats a pretty good list just one thing. i'd suggest u lose one of the tyrants and maybe taking more raveners or beefingup ur squads of genestealers coz u only have 18 and for a nid army thats nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.