Fast
9 bikes champ w/ PF, 2 melt, MON
12 rapt w/ 2 melt, champ w/ PF

Heavy
Pred w/ HB, Auto, HL
2 oblits
6 havoc w/ 3 auto

TOTAL: 2000

First time experimenting with fast Nurgle (quicker to spread the disease!), I want to create an army that is quick, but very tough to kill. My plan is to have the daemon princes fly hand in hand to smash some skulls on 1 flank, and the other fast elements ooze up the other side or at weak points . I have a small firebase, but should be OK as the enemy guns should be targeting the nasties zooming around instead of the sit back parts. Yes I know fluff wise Nurgle is not fast, but T5/6 evil guys flying around is gonna make someone crap their power armor!

Any advice?

·
Registered
88 Posts
HQ
D.P w/ wings, MON
D.P w/ wings, MON
Decent... would rather have a Lash Prince imo.

Elite
Dread w/ Las, ML
Will die first turn and/or end up killing your own guys, I think you should drop him. Reason for him dieing would be you don't have that much armor and if you did, that would even penalize him more if he rolled fire frenzy.

Troops
5 Plague Marines w/ 2 plas
10 CSM w/ 2 melt, champ w/ PF
- rhino w/ E.A.
The Plague Marines are 5 man... and don't have a Rhino, defently going to die quikcly/get reduced to half too easily however you're second choice here is good, the EA I would drop to be honest, you only will get it's use after you pop smoke for the one turn mainly.

Fast
9 bikes champ w/ PF, 2 melt, MON
12 rapt w/ 2 melt, champ w/ PF
The bikes are way too expensive for what they are, t6 bikers sound good and all, but against plasma cannons and ordnance it makes it a choice not work taking, and see if you can take one of my suggestions and give the Raptors Mark of Chaos Glory, having 2 choices can help out a lot, especially for targeting a vehicles side armor etc... ust gives them more targets/

Heavy
Pred w/ HB, Auto, HL
2 oblits
6 havoc w/ 3 auto
The Autocannons are my only problem here, I don't think they are worth their points to be in 3 man teams seeing as they are only effective against light vehicles which you can generally pop with just one shot, I think you should give them something a little more heavier.

·
Anemone's jelly jar
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply lordOchaos, your advice is appreciated.

I understand exactly what you mean for the dread and 5 man squad, that makes sense. I can use their combined points to take a 10 decked out rhino squad w/ the mark of slaanesh.

The autocannons i could easily change to missle launchers as they have more killy power, and can take down a greater range of targets.

By hiding the bikes I can turboboost 1st turn and get the invuln, and thus limit the usefulness of plasma cannons and the like. 9 bikes doesn't take up that small of a space however, so maybe if I went down in number but divided my bikes into 2 squads, would be better? Oh, so many choices!

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
Looks like a good theme and basis for a list but needs a lot of work

Firstly, I like the Princes. I know everybody's always bragging on the Lash Prince, but pretty much any DP is a good choice (it's hard to screw them up!). Maybe consider adding a psychic power, but one probably isn't all that necessary.

The dread probably isn't going to accomplish very much. Even though I actually use a lascannon dread in big lists, I have 7 other pieces of armor (3 preds, 4 rhinos) in 2000 points and he gets ignored. I've found that Fire Frenzies aren't as horrible as most Chaos players seem to make them out to be.

I think I see what you're trying to do with the Plague Marines, and to that end, maybe 2 5 man squads would be better.

The 10 CSM squad w/ meltas, PF & Rhino - I love it. It's the workhorse of any mechanized chaos army.

The Bikers are good - probably too big though. I think it might be better to drop them down to 6 or so, to make a small footprint and free up points elsewhere. I love bikes, and always use them to hit vulnerable units behind enemy lines (the kind that can't really fight back in CC) and 6 works just fine for that.

The Raptors - damn, that's a lot of raptors.

Predator - My favorite predator set up. Cheap, but throws so many dice at your opponent that somethings going to die.

Obliterators - Good, good. Don't forget about deep striking these guys.

Havocs - Good.

To me it looks like you have a small, but solid fire-base going, but should reconsider the LC on the dread.

The rest of the list is a bit strange. Not always a bad thing. If I was playing this list for the first time, I'd have difficulty in deciding what I should be targeting. However, you only have 3 vehicles in 2,000 points - they won't last long. Your troop numbers are very low and won't hold up against any high volume of fire, even with their high toughness. It's a bit risky, but could work with a few tweaks here and there.

Finally, have you considered adding Lesser Daemons? Nobody likes them, but for this style of list I believe they could work rather well. Your bikers/raptors can drop them off, they'll inflate your model count and they can cause your opponent a headache if they get into CC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.