Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend wanted to try another army for a game or 2 so I am letting him borrow my empire and in return I will be using his beast men. I've only ever played against them about 3 times since I started WHFB and have never actually played them as one of my own. So we are doing a small 2000 point game to have fun. Being new to the army and quickly reading over the book and forums here is what I have come up with. Let me know if I'm missing something.:) thx

Beastlord with sword of strife (+2 atk), 4+ ward, HA, enc.shield
Wargor bsb with beast banner, gnarled hide, HA, shield
Bray shaman lvl 2 with herdstone ( beasts)
Bray shaman lvl 2 (shadow)

48 gors with command and shields
2x tuskgor chariots
2 groups of 5 raiders

28 bestigors with command and stand of discipline
4 minotaurs with AHW, champ and banner

So seems like a standard list compared to most lists of seen. It's more of an all comers list and not tailored to play against
Empire. Just curious on how it looks. Comments please

·
Registered
815 Posts
Generally speaking mino are either all or nothing. You're not going to get much out of those four mino. I know the models are big and mean looking but they're easy enough to kill and gods help you if you don't get the charge off.

Tuskgor chariots aren't that good either, you're better off with the pigs.

I tend to go cc heavy as well but I'm constantly told the best way to go ... er ... only way to go, is the herd stone build.

A gore blender horde can surprise alot of people with the banner of beasts and wildform, they don't expect it most of the time. Good fun.

Bestigors are fun as well, you migth as well make that horde bigger with the mino points that you take back - if you have the models. If not, just have fun and make sure your mino get the charge off.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I think that Blackheart has hit on a couple of key points - feed the Bestigor block, toss the Minotaurs, add more fast units (like lone Razorgors) to get your blocks into the fights you want. You only have L2 casters and that worries me a bit, but as long as you add a Dispel Scroll to the second Shaman you can conceivably get away with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts