Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok. here's a thought i have. 2000 pt list meant for pincer work.

HQ
[78]Ordo malleus Inquisitor
power armor
demonblade
psyker lvl 1

Elites
[160]Henchman squad
3 servitors with plasma cannons
2 crusaders
7 psykers

Troops
[470]Terminator Squad
10 man
2 psycannons
psybolts

[470]Terminator Squad
10 man
2 psycannons
psybolts

[250]Strike Squad
10 man
2 psycannons
Demon Hammer
psybolts

[230]Strike Squad
10 man
2 psilencers
Demon Hammer
psybolts

Heavy Support
[185]Dreadknight
Heavy Incinerator
Nemesis Greatword

[100]Purgation Squad
5 man
4 Incinerators
[51]Razorback
psybolts
searchlight

And throw in a master crafted weapon in somewhere to make it an even 1999. 1994 without it.

Thoughts anyone?

·
4,967 Posts
Troops: Your first strike squad should cost 240 (unless you forgot to mention a hammer or MC halberd on the justicar) I would put psycannon on both of the GKSS units. With all the S5 S-bolter shots you have you don't need more anti infantry firepower and the extra strength of the psycannon is very useful for tanks.

Heavy: The lone razorback I wory about. Only one tank and not exactly a tough one shouldn't last long so you end up with footslogging incinerators. I would go for another cheap dreadknight to fulfil a similar role and not be such an easy give-away for first blood.

HQ: I often run with rad grenades but you would have to drop the daemonblade. Consider swapping to Coteaz for a level 2 psyker with the henchmen being scoring, reroll initiative stealing and the "we've been expecting you" rule to discourage deepstrikers with 3 plasma cannon nearby.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
troops: You're right. I've been playing the same list for so long, I forget that I have a hammer there sometimes. You are probably right about the Psycannons. I won't deny that I take the Psycannon Squad first most of the time when building a list. I'll proxy them in next time to see how it works, but I find that no one likes 12 extra shots. AP-, snap shots, doesn't matter, I've seen Blood Angels engage them first and not mind the psycannon rounds following. Oh, well something for later.

Heavy I agree that one small tank is probably going to be killed very fast, very efficiently. But cheap Dreadknights don't flank/poke holes in lines/draw fire unless they deepstrike. It's not major spending, they get there first, cause a little havoc, disrupt enemy lines, and buy the footsloggers some time to get in range with their 24" guns. At the same time I forgot about First Blood. That is a major point in most games and can cost me greatly. I'll look into more effective uses for those points. Would two rhinos, with no purgation squad work better for line of sight blocking/harrying front/buying time for footslogers?

HQ You have a point, Coteaz is much better than a regular Inquisitor, for 22 points the scoring, better saves, and extra psyker level are worth it. However that unit is less likely to see battle simply because they will be providing support. but as a healthy rear guard, you can't really beat Coteaz's "we've been expecting you."
I'll do the math, see what I can find out about those points.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright. Got my codex back, did the math. here's the alternate list.

HQ
[100]Coteaz

Elites
[160]Henchman squad
3 servitors with plasma cannons
2 crusaders
7 psykers

Troops
[470]Terminator Squad
10 man
2 psycannons
psybolts

[470]Terminator Squad
10 man
2 psycannons
psybolts

[250]Strike Squad
10 man
2 psycannons
Demon Hammer
psybolts
[40]Rhino

[250]Strike Squad
10 man
2 psycannons
Demon Hammer
psybolts
[40]Rhino

Heavy Support
[185]Dreadknight
Heavy Incinerator
Nemesis Greatword

1965 pts. any thoughts for the rest? I'm thinkin 7 stormolter accolytes just to objective hold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts