Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. This is my first time taking part in a tournament, being that I generally prefer to play in friendly games, and the points total is 2000. Any suggestions for a take-all-comers tournament list that you can provide based on the following first revision would be greatly appreciated.

Doctrines: Rough Riders, Ratlings, Sharpshooters, Veterans, Iron Discipline

HQ: 400
JO w/ Honorifica Imperialis, Iron Discipline
Mortar
Anti-tank Support Squad
3 Lascannons w/ Sharpshooters
Anti-tank Support Squad
Fire Support Squad
3 Heavy Bolters

T1: 285
T1HQ: 60
JO w/ Iron Discipline
Missile Launcher
T1S1: 75
Autocannon
T1S2: 75
Autocannon
T1S3: 75
Autocannon

T2: 285
T2HQ: 60
JO w/ Iron Discipline
Missile Launcher
T2S1: 75
Autocannon
T2S2: 75
Autocannon
T2S3: 75
Autocannon

E1: 33
3 Ratlings

E2: 75
Hardened Veteran Sergeant
4 Hardened Veterans with 3 Plasma Guns

E3: 75

FA1: 123
Hellhound w/ Extra Armor, Smoke

FA2: 123

FA3: 88
Rough Rider x8 with Hunting Lances and Laspistols

HS1: 163
Leman Russ Battle Tank with 3 Heavy Bolters, Extra Armor, Smoke

HS2: 163
Leman Russ Battle Tank with 3 Heavy Bolters, Extra Armor, Smoke

HS3: 183
Leman Russ Demolisher with Heavy Bolter and Plasma Cannons, Extra Armor,
Smoke

106 infantry
8 cavalry
2 medium tanks
3 heavy tanks

6 lascannons
2 missile launchers
6 autocannons
11 heavy bolters
1 mortar

1996 points

The idea is to be able to handle swarms and general infantry with the hellhounds and leman russes. The anti-tank support squads will allow me some tank stopping power. Missile launchers are backup anti-tank/anti-infantry. Autocannons will take out light vehicles/skimmers/heavy infantry. The sole mortar is just to keep my main leadership bubble out of line of sight. Ratlings are there to try and plink off things like synapse creatures (would like to add one or two more to that squad). Cavalry is for counter-assault, obviously. And the veterans are there to toast marines and terminators, along with the demolisher.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

·
4,967 Posts
HQ: Good. Get a standard bearer if you can.

Troops: OK. I tend to run mine with ML/Plas to stop marines. This would mean dropping a squad or two as it's quite a points hike. I think that MLs alround would be preferable to autocannon.

Ratlings: Need to be 5-6 strong to have any real effect. Drop em or upgrade them.

Vets: Drop troops would help. As they stand they are too vulnerable to sit in your likes and fire at long range. Better to keep them behind terain and advance to rappid fire as the enemy near your lines.
My favourite Veteran loadout is 10 men with 3 plasma, 1 las cannon (or ML) and cameleoline. Infiltrate in cover and they are fantastic.

Rough riders: Similar tactical uses to the small Veteran squads. Great at thinning out terminators.

Hellhounds: great. Who needs AP4 autocannon firepower when you have these babies?

Russ: you can get away with dropping extra armour but good.

Demolisher: A bit pricy. Those plasma cannon usually only fire once when the range is such that the democannon isn't available. Still, why not? But personally I would drop this down to a standard Russ and use the points for weapon upgrades in your squads.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure I want to get rid of all the autocannons. On AV12 and lower, I'd rather have 2 shots with 1 less str than 1 shot which'll probably miss. I can defenitely see the uses of the missile launchers, though. Perhaps 4 ML and 4 AC would be a better balance.

As much as it saddens me, I think the ratlings will have to go. I can't afford to field enough of them, and with only 3, they're too easy to take out and negate my monsterous creature stopping power. Will replace Ratlings doctrine with Drop Troops so my Veterans can drop.

Not sure how I feel about taking Extra Armor off my Lemans. Yeah, it's not as neccessary as the Hellhounds, but with how screwy AT is in this game, I'm not sure I want my tanks to not be able to move. Guess I can rely on the smoke to keep them safe for a turn if they get plinked.

I'd be somewhat tempted to take an Inquisitor. Put an acolyte and two mystics on him, as well as a psychic hood. Would also want a Hierophant (sp?) to up his Ld by one (Ld 9 is pretty decent with the hood). Somewhere around 70 points to be able to (hopefully) negate things like free Ork Waaaghs, Tyranid scary AT blasting, etc, as well as to get free shots at summoned demons and deep strikers (with the 2 mystics, I'd be able to use any unit within 12" instead of the Inquisitor to take the shots ("Nice Greater Demon. Lascannons? Fire.")). Defenitely useful, but not sure where else I'd skim the points from.

Doctrines: Rough Riders, Drop Troops, Sharpshooters, Veterans, Iron Discipline

HQ: 411
JO w/ Honorifica Imperialis, Iron Discipline
Mortar
Standard Bearer
Anti-tank Support Squad
Anti-tank Support Squad
Fire Support Squad
3 Heavy Bolters

T1: 285
T1HQ: 60
JO w/ Iron Discipline
Autocannon
T1S1: 75
Autocannon
T1S2: 75
Autocannon
T1S3: 75
Autocannon

T2: 285
T2HQ: 60
JO w/ Iron Discipline
Missile Launcher
T2S1: 75
Missile Launcher
T2S2: 75
Missile Launcher
T2S3: 75
Missile Launcher

E1: 75

E2: 75

FA1: 123

FA2: 123

FA3: 88
Rough Rider x8 with Hunting Lances and Laspistols

HS1: 158
Leman Russ Battle Tank with 3 Heavy Bolters, Smoke

HS2: 158
Leman Russ Battle Tank with 3 Heavy Bolters, Smoke

HS3: 183
Leman Russ Demolisher with Heavy Bolter and Plasma Cannons, Extra Armor, Smoke

103 infantry
8 cavalry
2 medium tanks
3 heavy tanks

6 lascannons
4 missile launchers
4 autocannons
11 heavy bolters
1 mortar

1964 points
36 points remaining

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.