Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I played 2 games against some friend using Crom, and so far he's amazing.

Here's the list:

Lords/Heros

Crom 230
(accompanied by warriors)

Aspiring BSB 105
(accompanied by marauders)

Aspiring Add Hand wep 84
(accompanied by marauders)

Sorceror 135
D scroll x 2

Core

20 Warriors 330
full command
shields

20 Marauders x 3 435
full command
flails

6 Knights x 2 396

7 MH flails x 2 105

Spawn Mark of slaanesh 75

2000 exactly

What I do is create a huge battle line (4 blocks of infantry) and put a character in each unit
I march down the field and smash em up while using fast cav and knights as support/flanking units, i also use the spawn to hunt heros or support as hes fast with mark of slaanesh

Any feedback is welcomed. So far I've played against Dark elves and orcs, I massacred both. I was thinking of dropping a unit and maybe the aspiring with add hand to upgrage warriors to chosen or give them a banner, also increase my other 2 units of marauders to 24 or 25 so shooting doesnt affect rank bonus. The reason i have marauder horsemen in units of 7 is because it gives them a little extra boost if they get hit with magic or shot at.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like it, straight forward and simple. I am just starting to put together my own chaos list and wanted something very similair to this using Crom. I will be playing against mostly Empire. What have you fought against with this list?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Hmm, yea the addition of numbers so shooting doesnt affect you is a good idea, though loosing a whole unti for it, im not so sure. Loose the Champ though, its quite a few points in one place and he doesnt really have a specific role.

As generically, id say drop the warriors to 12, although if theyre working for you thats fine.

If you could add music to the Maru Cav that would be good. Dont really think the Knights need Chosen, though it would make one unit completely hard.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like it, straight forward and simple. I am just starting to put together my own chaos list and wanted something very similair to this using Crom. I will be playing against mostly Empire. What have you fought against with this list?

So far just orcs and dark elves, it would work good against empire as it out combat's it and can survive it's shooting to get into combat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, yea the addition of numbers so shooting doesnt affect you is a good idea, though loosing a whole unti for it, im not so sure. Loose the Champ though, its quite a few points in one place and he doesnt really have a specific role.

As generically, id say drop the warriors to 12, although if theyre working for you thats fine.

If you could add music to the Maru Cav that would be good. Dont really think the Knights need Chosen, though it would make one unit completely hard.

The champ? you mean the aspiring with add hand? he's with marauders to give them xtra punch and to fight back if they receive a charge and die.

And dropping the warriors to 12 completely nullifies their rank bonus. How would I run them in 2 ranks of 6?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
I meant the Asp Champ yea. Marauders are for static Rex really.

This is where the alternate role of Warriors come in. They are far too expensive (IMO) to rank up for a full static res. Instead, their Res should be coming from kills, hence 2 ranks, 6 wide, and with 2xHWs. The second rank is purely for being able to take a few wounds and still hitting back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i totally agree that warriors are overpriced, however most of my opponents use a decent amount of shooting, or are faster.. Therefore the minimum i should make my warrior unit is 15 (5x3) and give them handwep shield combo to survive, i put crom in the warrior unit thus he does most of the damage anyways. Likewise with both my marauder units, the aspirings do the damge while the marauders use their static res and survive.

What i could do is add a war banner to my warrior unit and put it at a lower number. This way i keep my static res but save points with less models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.