Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dug up my ork list, and just want to put it up for criticizing.
ORKS

HQ
Warboss-60
Mega Armour-
Slugga-
Bionik Arm-
Total- 101
4x Nobz- 80
Mega Armour-
Slugga-
Total- 201
Wartrukk- 30
Big Shoota-
Bolt on big shoota-
Red paint job-
Turbo Boosta-
Grot Riggers-
Total-58
TOTAL- 360
Elites
9 red skull kommandos-
Snikrot-
Total- 126

7 Stormboys-
Zagstruk -
Total- 160
Troops
30 Grots-
1 Slaver
Eavy armour-
Bionik Bonce-
Grabba Stikk-
Choppa-
Total- 124
2x
30 Slugga Boyz- 270
1 Nob-
Power Klaw-
3 rokkits-
Total- 442
5 Burna Boyz-
4 burnas- pts
Total- 69
5 tankbusta Boyz- 55
3 rokkit launchas-
Total-
Total- 681
Fast Attack
5 warbikes- 1
Red pain job-
Total- 165
Heavy Support

2x
3 Killa kans-
Basilisk-
Total-395

TOTAL- 1902
MODELS-135

not sure how accurate any of the points are.

all help appreciated!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Grand Master Halls said:
i dug up my ork list, and just want to put it up for criticizing.
ORKS

HQ
Warboss-60
Mega Armour-
Slugga-
Bionik Arm-
slugga and bionik arm is illegal on MA, give him a cybork body and more dakka, so now he is a S10 terminator with +2 attacks
Total- 101
4x Nobz- 80
Mega Armour-
Slugga-
this is also illegal not only because of the sluggas but you need atleast 5 nobz in order to have them
Total- 201
Wartrukk- 30
Big Shoota-
Bolt on big shoota-
Red paint job-
Turbo Boosta-
Grot Riggers-
Total-58
if you want to be foot sloggin a battle wagon would be better, supe it up
TOTAL- 360
Elites
9 red skull kommandos-
Snikrot-
not sure if it is tourney legal but you can give it a shot, also get a nob with a pk, yes you can take a nob with snikkrot Total- 126

7 Stormboys-
Zagstruk -
same as before
Total- 160
Troops
30 Grots-
1 Slaver
Eavy armour-
Bionik Bonce-
Grabba Stikk-
Choppa-
to big, you want lines of gots, and in different areas, make these 2 units of 15
Total- 124
2x
30 Slugga Boyz- 270
1 Nob-
Power Klaw-
3 rokkits-
good
Total- 442
5 Burna Boyz-
4 burnas- pts
these guys are bare, why, drop them
Total- 69
5 tankbusta Boyz- 55
3 rokkit launchas-
to small to be effective
Total-
Total- 681
Fast Attack
5 warbikes- 1
Red pain job-
good
Total- 165
Heavy Support

2x
3 Killa kans-
armour plates
Basilisk-
indirect fire and armour plates
Total-395

TOTAL- 1902
MODELS-135

not sure how accurate any of the points are.

all help appreciated!
You realize you have points left over. Also your units are way too small to be effective. I reccomend drop the nob squad (illegal), ifyou want an HQ in a trkk put the warboss in a wartrukk with the painboss and 8 cytborks (best retinue in the game). Also this list ins not really a footer, my tourney list had 1 vehicle and no fast pr stormboyz. I recommend take more stormboyz, 2 units of 8 maybe with nobs and pks. Also you need more slugga boyz, they are your soul, you need atleast 3 units of 16 imo. good luck, this list needsa a lot of work

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey, wow haha its a good thing i didnt make this recently or id b ashamed of myself lol.

thanks on the nobz numbers, and im pretty sure snikrot and zagstruk are tourney legal, seeing as how they are choices in the codex...

ill supe up the burnas and the tankbustas

and sure ill take the grots as two, i can see the use in that =P.

and thanks on the warboss and stuff...

·
Registered
943 Posts
no problem, also a nice tactic seeing as though you have 6 killa kans is sub a unit of tankbustas for more burnas, make the about 8 men, 4 burnas and a mek with kff, have the burnas march behind the kans giving them cover and counterstriking anything, it is a power army's worst nightmare (possibly). Good luck

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
This is an excellent tactics. You can also leave a little room and with creative squad deployment actually have room to fire the flamer template through gaps between the killa kans. I've done this a few times with some nice success.

Most tournaments allow the use of special characters, so your ok with Zagstrukk and Snik rot.

You really want more than 7 storm boys.Minimum should be 10 as they really need that Waagh to be effective. I personally like mobs of around 14 giving some flexibility with wounds, and lots and lots of attacks off a charge. i find this crucuial as with Zagstrukks doom diver strength increase the unit can do some real damage, and i believe you can take a normal Nob and Zagstrukk at the same time. Consider a Nob with a Power Klaw. Str 9 off a charge is nice with 4 base attacks (+1 additional weapon) 5 off a charge.

Warbikes can't have a paint job unfortunately, they are not considered a vehicle. As they have an armor save and not an armor value they cannot take vehicle upgrades. These points could be allocated to more stormboys. Also i'm not sold on warbikes as a whole, they are fun, however far from effective. I've used small units just to get the cover save for what's behind them, however if you looking for effective shooting consider Buggies with TL rokkits to give you some tank hunting ability, or buggies with TL Big Shootas lots of shots.

For the Burna boys and tankbustas you really want a max squad size to help them live longer.

Hope the helped, best of luck and bash em good

·
Registered
943 Posts
A zagstruck nob charging has 6 S9 attacks. Also the buggies will help a whole lot more than bikes because you said you will make the grots 2 units. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts