Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm having trouble getting an effective GK army onto the table. Most of my games have ended up as losses and I'd like to start winning. So, here's what models I have at my disposal:

Daemonhunters:

25 x PAGK
3 x Justicar
2 x Psycannon PAGK
1 x Incinerator PAGK
1 x Bro. Captain Stern
1 x Bro. Captain/GM with Psycannon (can also be used as a regular GKT w/ psycannon)
1 x GKT w/ psycannon
4 x GKT
1 x Inquisitor w/ psycannon
1 x Heavy Bolter Servitor
1 x Plasma Cannon Servitor
3 x Acolytes OR sages OR mystics
1 x Land Raider
1 x Land Raider Crusader
1 x Dreadnaught (arms swap out for any weapons configuration)

Imperial Guard:
40 x Imperial Guardsmen
2 x Imperial Guard officers
4 x Lascannon Heavy Weapons
1 x Autocannon Heavy Weapon
Various bits to make any Heavy Weapons teams (including more auto & lascannons)
3 x Sentinels w/ Lascannon
2 x Chimeras
1 x Leman Russ Battle Tank

I am willing to buy some models and expand my army, but that's probably not going to happen for a few months.

Anyways, here's some lists that I've thought up and any comments are greatly appreciated.

List #1:

HQ:

Grand Master
-Master Crafted NFW, Psycannon
-Retinue of 4 Terminators, 1 w/ psycannon

TROOPS:

PAGK x 10

PAGK x 10

PAGK x 10

PAGK x 10

IG Platoon
Junior Officer Squad w/ Lascannon
5 x 10 Guardsmen w/ Lascannon

The idea is to have a big line of PAGK marching up the field unloading stormbolter dakka on the enemy while the Guardsmen shoot armor. With the Math-hammer that I've done, I should be able to take care of most armor situations.

6 Lascannon shots per turn hitting at 50% = 3 hits per turn.
If something has AV 14, 1 of those shots will do some damage.
Anything less averages out to about 2 of those doing some damage.

The real strength of this army would be against hordes I believe, as I can unload a good 80+ stormbolter shots per turn.

HQ:

Grand Master 145
-Master Crafted NFW 15
-Retinue of 4 Terminators 184

TROOPS:

PAGK x 10

PAGK x 10

Armoured Fist Squad 150
in Chimera w/ Multi-las, Hvy bltr, x-armor
- Melta 8

Armoured Fist Squad 150
in Chimera w/ Multi-las, Hvy bltr, x-armor
- Melta 8

(I might switch the Meltas for Plasma, I'm debating that right now)

IG Platoon
Junior Officer Squad 40
2 x 10 Guardsmen w/ Lascannon 170

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Land Raider Crusader

Leman Russ 140
-Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons 25
-Extra Armor 5

Dreadnaught 80
-TLLC 50
-ML 10
-Extra Armor 5

More of a balanced list. GM hitches a ride in the LRC and the Armored Fists drive up with him. The PAGK footslog it behind them acting as a second wave. The Russ, IG Platoon, and Dread hang back as a firebase.

Sorry it was so long, thanks for reading and any help you can give is appreciated!

-Spaar

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I really like your first list! Seriously, I'm not a fan of tanks in general, so when I see a viable all-infantry list, I'm always stoked. The only thing that would give you trouble that I can think of would be Eldar skimmers (not that you'd be alone in that ;)). The list doesn't have a lot of 'zip', exactly, but at least you've got 5 sturdy units that are foot-mobile. I'd say give it a try and see how you like =).

-H

·
Registered
787 Posts
I like the Infantry lists too. Dead against the GK Termies, I prefer to fill out as many Power Armoured Knights as possible. Changing the HQ + Termies to 8x Grey Knights will still leave over a hunred points for goodies, I love Mr Eversor + Double Mystic Bolt Pistol Inquisitor... very common but a good 'un nonetheless :ballon:

Aside from that, you have the stormbolters to strafe and pepper with, Lascannons... a Lance strike could help dissuade opponents form coming near the area your Lascannons occupy, letting you position yourself more efficiently with the Stormbolters. Not a reliable investment though, but every little bit helps :p Maybe even a few Death Cult Assassins would perfom this job better, and still be able to help with counter-attacking/mounting an attack.

Like Hasten saud, try it out, as the body of the army is complete, just fiddle with the little bits to see what works :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The infantry list looks like a lot of fun to play and *gasp* would actually have a good model count!

I think a big part of the problem with my previous thinking in lists is that I have a lot of static firepower and not enough troops advancing up the field. My Grey Knight are the only ones who usually go anywhere, and they're killed off a lot by turn 4 and they haven't won their points back.

Also, the HQ doesn't seem to fit in this list after reviewing it. That's going to be the first thing targetted on the board (unless I deep strike them). Maybe going with a psycannon BC would be better.

Thanks for the replies!

-Spaar

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Also, the HQ doesn't seem to fit in this list after reviewing it. That's going to be the first thing targetted on the board (unless I deep strike them). Maybe going with a psycannon BC would be better.
I had a few thoughts for what you could do with your HQ squad:

1) Lone BC psycannon sniper, use the spare points for more GKs.

2) Drop the GM down to a BC w/ psycannon, keep the 4-man retinue, and just use it as a mobile dakka squad. Keeping them at long range will ensure that the shrouding will nullify around 50% of incoming fire. If your opponents are scared of GKTs, this could be a good fire magnet squad. This also leaves you with 44 points to spare.

3) Downgrade the GM to a BC w/ psycannon, and drop the retinue down to 2 members, one w/ psycannon, then add in two Elite Inquisitors in Terminator armour with psycannons. You'll have 4 mobile psycannons, two of which are ICs and the other two have the Shrouding to take advantage of (so they should be kept at long range). Only problem here is that you're 4 points short, so you might have to drop a squad member somewhere.

4) What I'd probably do is drop the retinue and downgrade to a BC w/ psycannon. Then (since you're not using your elite slots) add in three Elite Inquisitors in Terminator armour w/ psycannons. This will only cost you 301 points, leaving you with 43 to spare on upgrades (maybe plasma guns in the IG platoons?). You've then got four psycannons that are on ICs, so they're difficult for your opponent to get to, and can target separate things each shooting phase. Since they're all in Terminator armour, they can fire at maximum range even while moving, and can deep strike for a chance at rear/side armour if you so choose. Alternatively, you could replace one of the Inquisitors with an Assassin, if you're so inclined, though I like the mobile foot dakka for your list, since you've got more of a shooty list going on here.

Well, hopefully those help, or at least spark some ideas of your own =).

-H

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about these? I actually have access to all the models listed here so these two lists are very possible.

HQ:

Grand Master w/ Psycannon
-Retinue of 4 Terminators, 2 w/ TH & SS

Cannoness
-Jump Pack
-Cloak of St. Aspira
-Inferno Pistol
-Eviscerator
-Frag Grenades

ELITES:

Inquisitor
-Terminator Armor
-Chainfist
-Psycannon
-Digital Weapon

Inquisitor
-Terminator Armor
-Power Weapon
-Psycannon

Grey Knight Terminators Squad
-Brother-Captain w/ Psycannon
-4 Terminators: 1 with Psycannon

TROOPS:

Grey Knights x 10

Grey Knights x 10

Inducted Guard Platoon
Junior Officer squad w/ Lascannon
2 x 10 Guardsmen w/ Lascannon

Inducted Guard Platoon

2000 points even

This brings me to a model count of 83. It packs less PAGK, but more Terminators and more Psycannons. Instead of having 45 models marching up the field, however, I only have 33... and this could be a problem perhaps.

OR, I could do this:

HQ:

Grand Master w/ Psycannon, Frag Grenades
-Retinue of 4 Terminators, 2 w/ TH & SS

ELITES:

Inquisitor
-Terminator Armor
-Psycannon

Inquisitor
-Psycannon

Grey Knight Terminators Squad
-Brother-Captain w/ Psycannon
-4 Terminators: 1 with Psycannon

TROOPS:

Grey Knights x 10

Grey Knights x 10

Grey Knights x 5
-Psycannon x 2

Inducted Guard Platoon

Inducted Guard Platoon

2000 points as well

This brings the model count up to 87, and brings 2 more psycannons with it as well. The difference is that the Inquisitor without Terminator Armor would hang back by the static 5-man GK Psycannon squad (which are also by the Lascannon Guardsmen).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.