Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As of right now I have everything in this list except two chimeras and the hellhound, so that will be my next purchase to upgrade to 2000 points. The biggest thing Im wondering is if I should go with the hellhound and not one of the other variants. It seems like the right choice for my list to me since three meltavets and vendettas should be enough for armor but you never know.

The list has 105 Guardsmen along with 10 vehicles. Which I love since some mech lists don't have many more than 10 vehicles in the first place.

The two platoon command squads will ride in the Vendettas to make them scoring. The only thing that scares me is kill points, but I suspect it scares most guard lists. Anyways, offer up some advice and tell me if the Hellhound should be a different varriant.

All vehicles have Heavy Flamers except the Russ which is just because I happened to attach a bolter to it. Though I usually keep him tucked away with the gunline so its not so bad.

**Edit: Thinking of possibly dropping the Russ and replacing it with a Manticore since I usually leave him at the back anyways... Who knows.

HQ

Company Command squad - 185
-Regimental Standard
-Plasma Gun x 3
-Carapace Armor
-Chimera

Troops

Infantry Platoon 1:

PCS - 45
-Flamer x 3

Infantry Squad - 65
-Auto cannon
-Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad - 65
-Auto cannon
-Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad - 65
-Auto cannon
-Grenade Launcher

Infantry Platoon 2:

PCS - 45
-Flamer x 3

Infantry Squad - 65
-Auto cannon
-Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad - 65
-Auto cannon
-Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad - 65
-Auto cannon
-Grenade Launcher

Veterans - 155
-Meltagun x 3
-Chimera

Veterans - 155
-Meltagun x 3
-Chimera

Veterans - 155
-Meltagun x 3
-Chimera

Fast Attack

Vendetta - xxx

Vendetta - xxx

Hellhound - xxx

Heavy Support

Tank Squadron - xxx
-Leman Russ Battle Tank

Tank Squadron - xxx
-Demolisher

Tank Squadron - xxx
-Demolisher

2000 Points

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looks pretty solid to me, and in the list you have I'd defo keep the standard Hellhound (you can never have too much burny-stuff :p) for some mid-ranged anti-hoard stuff.

On the Leman Russ MBT -> Manticore swap I personally would say no, as I think its over priced, and go for 2 griffons for some more anti-hoard pie throwing cheapness, which also ups the number of vehicles in the army meaning more targets for the bad guys to deal with.

Kudos on so many tanks, wish I had the cash...

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
What Earnie said. It looks as solid as a solid thing. Hybrid lists are possibly the best, most competetive lists in my opinion.

I'll second swapping that Russ for 2 Griffons. You've got Anti-Tank covered well already and the Dmeolishers can cope with Heavy armoured Infantry. 2 Griffons add two accurate Pie plates to the army to give you the extra punch against hoard armies.

I'd also ponder upon swapping the Flamers in the PCS for G-Launchers. Flamers only fire once and then they tend to die. G-Launchers you can have 3 or 4 good turns of shooting and they're good versatile weapons. Well........unless you plan on putting the PCS in the Vendettas, in that case ignore what i just said.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
lord_borak. he has 60 gaurdsmen. and 6 heavy falmers. what more anti-horde could you want? exterminartus? :p. i think he lacks mobility and protection for his PCS and CCS. easy pickings for deep strikes and the like.
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback. Just wondering, is there any easy way to convert up a griffon and not forgeworld order it. Say maybe from a basilisk or something?

Also, the PCS will ride in the Vendettas like I said originally, and the CCS has a Chimera so Im not sure how much better I could protect it.

**Edit: oh yeah... What hull weapon should the hellhound have? Still a HF or is that redundant? Does anyone ever put a MM on it or is it just too iffy because of BS 3?

·
Registered
281 Posts
lord_borak. he has 60 gaurdsmen. and 6 heavy falmers. what more anti-horde could you want? exterminartus? :p. i think he lacks mobility and protection for his PCS and CCS. easy pickings for deep strikes and the like.
thanks
antique_nova
Several things:
1 Guard never hit anything we all know this...
2 How do 2 Vendettas and 3 Chimeras = lack of mobility?
3 PCSs are in vends till needed and the CCS has an army of grunts and a chimera (tin can :p) to shield them.

And Cookie while I am fond of all the burny/melty stuff goin I would go with a Heavy bolter in the HH.

That is all...

·
Registered
37 Posts
A Russ with no upgrades won't do much, IMO - a single S8 AP3 blast isn't worth 150, so you're largely paying for the armor. Get something more aggressive like Borak's Griffons - I personally prefer Hydras, maybe try those. Alternatively, make the points somewhere to give the Russ something nice (meaning, plasma sponsons).

Try to get a small voxnet going (one in the CCS, one in each blob squad), 15 points out of 2000 isn't much and you can make them by dropping one plasma gun. Since you'll only have 2 plasma gunners left after that, you might as well save the points and make them into a lascannon team or somesuch, and if you do end up making the CCS into a stationary unit consider an MoO as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is an idea I might actually play around with, I do like voxes and even have them moddled on already.

I dissagree with the Russ though. I see it being perfect as a cheap marine killer. I wouldn't mind trying to swap it for Griffons but Im still unsure how to make them.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
NOVA:
My 1500pts Mech force has 8 Heavy Flamers and 3 normal Flamers and 10 Multilasers and my mates Ork Hoard army still gives me trouble. Other than that What Earnie said. Apples army doesn't lack mobility. It has 5 mobile scoring units plus a CCS in a chimera. That should be plenty.

APPLE:
If you have 15pts left then go for the MM on the Hound but i always find a H-Bolter or H-Flamer is just better on these vehicles. You've got lots of other tank killers in your list so it wont really benefit from 1 BS3 Str8 shot.

Griffons, you can buy a Basilisk and totaly remove the Barrel so it's just the stubby bit at the end. these work pretty well as Colossus too. Maybe try a colossus to get rid of pesky infantry in cover. Hell now THAT is a Marine killer

EARNIE:
Cheers.

·
Registered
281 Posts
WOO personal thanks from Borak!! (*mutters something bout Borak adding in an A....)

On building a griffon I'm not sure if you can still purchase the the metal parts GW used to do, maybe there will be some in a warehouse? Theres always forgeworld's one which looks quite pretty, but dont (please don't!!!) do what I saw the other day there someone just glued a regular mortar to the top of a chimera...

Griff04.JPG (image) is something I found, I can't work out if that is a basilisk conversion, like the good Lord suggested or the old metal one...

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
You haven't been able to buy the Griffon for quite some time now. Infact i think it went off sale when the last Codex went on sale........ who knows it's been a while. It's just crusty old gamers like me who have Griffons lol.

Borat? Original. Not heard that one before.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
A civilised Borat? who gives out advise as well? Never....lol..shame that they don't have a good model of a griffon. the FW one looks.........**************.....erm....like it was poorly designed. I mean a chimera with a very small barrel pointing upgrades.... make the damn thing bigger ! :p
thanks
antique_nova

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.