Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have been competing in a pyramid league and have revamped my list which you can find here.

original

I know my original list was a wwp base but in my last game against space wolves thunderwolf cav ate everything that came out of the portals. Also every list in this league is packed full of as many vehicles as they can possibly fit in. Actually the fewest vehicles is an Orks list with four battlewagons full of boyz and some cans for screening. So I figured since I lost and can now change my list again I would follow the trend and go mech too. I have yet to submit my new list so criticize away!

HQ
Duke

Elites
3 trueborn- 3 blasters
Venom- SC

3 trueborn- 3 blasters
Venom- SC

3 trueborn- 3 blasters
Venom- SC

Troops
9 wyches- haywire grenades, hydragauntlet, hekatrix, agoniser
Raider- flickerfield, shock prow

9 wyches- haywire grenades, hydragauntlet, hekatrix, agoniser

10 wyches- haywire grenades, 2 hydragauntlets, hekatrix, agoniser

5 warriors- blaster
Venom- SC

5 warriors- blaster
Venom- SC

5 warriors- blaster
Venom- SC

Heavy
Ravager- flickerfield
Ravager- flickerfield
Ravager- flickerfield

So there you have it. The list has 12 blasters, 12 darklances, and 12 splinter cannons. I figure the duke will start with a warrior squad in cover within two inches of a venom and raider with wyches then first turn they split and embark on their transports and move up the field. While my wyches and trueborn move to bring down enemy transports. I have had pretty good success in opening one transport then charging in with wychesand multi assaulting any nearby vehicles. That way when its the enemies turn they can't shoot that squad cause they are in combat. So there you have it. Comments, questions, critiques welcome.

Quixos

·
Orks_n_Bugs
1,388 Posts
Looks pretty good. I'm not a fan of the Hydra Gauntlets, I'd drop them for another blaster trueborn and another wyche. But other than that there's not much to argue with. I'd point out though that since you're not really taking advantage of the Duke's poison boost, it might be worth it to think about swapping him for 3 Haemies. Duke + Hydras + 1 wyche gets you 200 points which is enough for 3 Haemies w/Liquifiers and VBs (and 5 points left to upgrade one liquifier to a shattershard). Then you're guarenteed a pain token for the wyches, and if you roll a '6' for drugs they can give their tokens to warriors or trueborn instead. It's more KPs, but your list is already really high on fairly easy KPs. Just a thought.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input bugs. I can inderstand your feelings about hydragauntlets but for me I would rather have more attacks to throw down. You lnow personal preference. As for the Duke, he brings more than the poison buff to the table. I have found on occasion that deepstriking in a venom with trueborn close to a problem vehicle (I'm looking at you manticore) is a godsend. I have also found the two rolls on drugs to be beneficial in tailoring and adapting the list to the enemy. As for how the list is performing in the pyramid league, awesomely!! I control the top and am 8 wins 1 loss 0 ties. But i must say its a little lonely at the top. I should probably start taking more slaves for entertainment.

Quixos

·
Orks_n_Bugs
1,388 Posts
Thanks for your input bugs. I can inderstand your feelings about hydragauntlets but for me I would rather have more attacks to throw down. You lnow personal preference. As for the Duke, he brings more than the poison buff to the table. I have found on occasion that deepstriking in a venom with trueborn close to a problem vehicle (I'm looking at you manticore) is a godsend. I have also found the two rolls on drugs to be beneficial in tailoring and adapting the list to the enemy. As for how the list is performing in the pyramid league, awesomely!! I control the top and am 8 wins 1 loss 0 ties. But i must say its a little lonely at the top. I should probably start taking more slaves for entertainment.

Quixos
Well I guess if it ain't broke...

What was the loss if you don't mind my asking? Those tend to be where you learn more.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I lost to armor 13 spam necrons and it was before i changed the list to this one. I was not prepared for 12 armor 13 vehicles. Plus my wyches did not have haywire grenades. My second time facing him with this list wiped him down to two walkers on his third turn. And you are right, you do learn more from your losses

1 - 5 of 5 Posts