Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[FONT=&quot]LORDS: TOTAL [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Level 4 Night Goblin Shaman [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Horn of Urgok ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bound item)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Nibbla’s Itty Ring (Bound Item)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Amulet of Protectyness (Talisman-takes enemy’s armour save and ward save)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 Magic Mushroom (Arcane)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HEROES: TOTAL [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Level 2 Night Goblin Shaman [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Dispel scroll[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 2 Magic Mushrooms[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Night Goblin Big Boss [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Enchanted Shield[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Martog’s Best Basha (+1 WS, S and I)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Light Armour[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Night Goblin Big Boss [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Maad’s Kickin’ Boots (+1 A)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Additional Hand Weapon[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Light Armour[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CORE: TOTAL [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]30 Night Goblins [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Spears[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Musician, Standard Bearer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 2 fanatics[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Nets[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]40 Night Goblins [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Full Command[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Nets[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 3 fanatics[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10 Spider Riders [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 Spider Riders [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SPECIAL[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rock Lobba [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RARE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Giant [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Doom Diver [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Advice appreciated
[/FONT]

·
Registered
3 Posts
i would break the spider riders up into smaller units, personally. You can cover more ground and cause more harrassment to flanks that way. Yeah, they're probably gonna die, but they cost 70 odd points so who cares.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I play many NG only lists, so I'll give my input for each unit. Take these as only from my personal choice, this is just my play style
LORDS: TOTAL
Level 4 Night Goblin Shaman
Horn of Urgok (Bound item)
Nibbla’s Itty Ring (Bound Item)
Amulet of Protectyness (Talisman-takes enemy’s armour save and ward save)
1 Magic Mushroom (Arcane)
For my 2k NG, I commonly use Skarsnik, as he is a good fighter, and has some sneaky special rules and magic. He is also the best leadership NG armies have, 8! That will save you 75 pts.

HEROES: TOTAL
Level 2 Night Goblin Shaman
Dispel scroll
2 Magic Mushrooms
If you are going for an heavy magic NG army, as many do, then I would tool this guy up for more offensive spellcasting. A tactic I like to use, is to give him 5 Magic Mushrooms. Though very dangerous, I love the output these guys can give, just be ready for an exploding head! If you playing him defensive:
Level 1 Night Goblin Shaman
Staff of Sneaky Stealin'
100 pts

Night Goblin Big Boss
Enchanted Shield
Martog’s Best Basha (+1 WS, S and I)
Light Armour
I use the same setup for my 'fighting' Big Boss. Stick this guy in your big NG unit, to give it some punch.

Night Goblin Big Boss
Maad’s Kickin’ Boots (+1 A)
Additional Hand Weapon
Light Armour
I would change this guy from combat, to a BSB. A BSB is, after the general, the most important model in a NG army. With a base LD of 7-8, without modifiers, you really need the re-roll.
Night Goblin Big Boss (BSB)
Rowdy Grott's Big Red Raggedy Banner
Light Armour
At 107 pts, this guy is a must and a bargain.

CORE: TOTAL

30 Night Goblins
Spears
Musician, Standard Bearer
2 fanatics
Scratch the spears. With your NG units, you will be winning combats from static, outnumber and ranks, not from kills. Same with your other units.

30 Night Goblins
Spears
2 fanatics

30 Night Goblins
Spears
Nets
2 fanatics
Bump this unit up to 40 strong with full command. BSB here

40 Night Goblins
Spears
Full Command
Nets
3 fanatics
Fighting Big Boss here. With the 40 man units, keep the spears if you want, though I usually always use HW + shield, as I never find spears to be that effective, and the extra save is nice, but thats me.

10 Spider Riders
Both spider units to 5-6. I use in units of 5, more mobile and cheap. Give each a musician.

8 Spider Riders

SPECIAL
Rock Lobba

RARE
Giant

Doom Diver

With the changes I suggested, that give you 230 pts left over. With that I would add 2 Spear Chukkas and 7 Squig Hoppers leaving you with 55 pts for adding some gobbos or whatever you would like. Hope that helped, and let us know how your list/games go. Good luck, and may Gork and Mork be with you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks xadrian for the effort you put into analysing the list.
I would have taken Skarsnik, but the tournament organiser said no special characters- I even went and bought the model too.
Also, I only took spears because all my models are from 4 skulls pass sets, and therefore have spears, and the tournament was a WYSIWYG.
I'll try all your other suggestions in my next game.

I came 2nd last in the tournament, mostly due to bad miscasts and animosity rolls, for the first 2 turns of a game against wood elves, the only things that could move were the spiders.
All in all, everyone played 3 games, I lost against the wood elves and high elves, but won against dwarves.
The stupid dwarves player deployed his whole army against the table edge with the excuse that it would take me longer to reach him. By the end of second turn, 2 units of thunderers, and 2 units of warriors had fled. And both his cannons were destroyed.

Thanks.

jack_frost

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well unlucky on the dice, I know how you feel. I once had a big NG unit with my BSB fail animosity 3 times in a row, then get routed and they ran away ;?. I too have the BFSP gobbos, and I just say they have long hand weapons. Ya, good luck, and let me know how the units/composition works out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well, the unit compostion I'd have to say was effective, My opponents never got full victory points for the units (Excluding Giant and Spider Riders) And my night gobbo's actually beat a unit of swordmasters in combat.
As usual with Goblins, many amusing things occured, in all 3 games, one of my own fanatics careened at high speeds into my giant when it was in combat, and in all 3 games, the giant was slain outright, and in all 3 games, fell on the enemy.

I'll be trying the improved list that you suggested this saturday, I'll get back to you.

jack_frost

·
Registered
38 Posts
This list sounds fairly cool. Ive just started my own Night Goblin force, and am currently in the process of assembling the skull pass gobbos.

Just one thing. No character can have more than 1 bound item on them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually tried cutting the tips off and making them hand weapons, but it failed miserably, so I decided that spears were part of my army's theme.

Jack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.