Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, this is my first foray into chaos (and on this forum) so any advice, tips, pointers, etc would be much appreciated! this is meant to be a fun army just as much as a decent gaming army, I don't want cheese or an overpowered list. here it goes:

HQ
Deamon prince
mark of Nurgle, wings, and warp time (175)

Elite
Drednaught, Plasma cannon and dreanaught CCW and TL bolter

Troops
6 plague marines + champion
2 plasma guns, powerfist (231)

Fast Attack
6 raptors + champion
powerfist, melta bombs, 2 melta guns (195)

6 raptors + champion

2 chaos spawn (80)

Heavy
2 obliterators (150)
1 obliterator (75)
predator with auto cannon and 2 heavy bolters (100)

Total: 1999 points (whew, close!)
so what do you guys think? good, meh, did i completly muck up? :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Alright guys, this is my first foray into chaos (and on this forum) so any advice, tips, pointers, etc would be much appreciated! this is meant to be a fun army just as much as a decent gaming army, I don't want cheese or an overpowered list. here it goes:

HQ
Deamon prince
mark of Nurgle, wings, and warp time (175)

Elite
Drednaught, Plasma cannon and dreanaught CCW and TL bolter

Troops

Fast Attack
6 raptors + champion

6 raptors + champion

2 chaos spawn (80)

Heavy
2 obliterators (150)
1 obliterator (75)
predator with auto cannon and 2 heavy bolters (100)

Total: 1999 points (whew, close!)
so what do you guys think? good, meh, did i completly muck up? :p
Pretty darn good in my opinion. Can't go wrong with plague marines. However, i'll recommend some changes.

First off, I personally do not like Chaos Spawns. They are just not a very good unit. I'd suggest you drop them.

Also, the Dreadnought is not going to be very nice to you. With a plasma cannon, you can't risk him going nuts and launching searing plasma on your guys. I'd either drop him, or give him two CCW's.

Hope I helped somewhat.

·
128 Posts
drop the dread... as its your only armour unit it wont last long... if at all since alll the anti tank in you opponents army will target it first

second drop the spawn and the lone oblit. i also find spaswn a waste at this level

with the spare points boost the marine squad numbers up at least by one model

if you can get a havoc team in with missile or autoc annons...even a 5 man squad can dish out serious auto cannon damage to almost everythign except a land raider or other av 14 vechiles... which is why you have the oblits

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think you have made a mistake with the price of the PM squads. Each is 208 from my calculations.

edit: my bad, it's 6 plus a champ = 7.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the tips! I tweaked the list a bit, droped the spawns, the extra oblit and the dred:

HQ
DP, MoN, wings, WT (175)

Troops
8 plague marines, 7 + champ
2 plasma, powerfist (254)

7 plague marines, 6 + champ

FA
7 raptors, 6 + champ
powerfist, 2 meltaguns, meltabombs

7 raptors, 6 + champ
powerfist, 2 meltaguns, meltabombs

Hvy
pred, autocannon and heavy bolters (100)

2 obliterators (150)

6 havocs, 5 +champ
4 autocannons (170)

total: 1993

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi

Good list much improved over the first. As you probaly know its genrally better to have a body for every gun so a squad with 4 should have 8 men, on your havoc this is not the case so what I'd suggest is drop 1 autocannon to acheive this and then with the save points add a PM to your 7 man squad so there all the same number (not the sacred number of nurgle :-( err braket) perhaps a better option to make your list a bit more fluffy is to drop all the other sqauds down to 7 amd add something else, upgrade pred for AT. Hope this is of use,

Gilli

*Edit*

I don't think you need melta bombs on your raptors, looking at them it may be better to drop one squad entirley, give the other MoN and then get a cheap termie squad with 4 combi plasmas, one fist 4 150pts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thanks guys! Lets see, I droped the extra raptor squad, and gave the remaining one the icon of nurgle. I also droped one of the auto cannons. put in a 4 man termie squad. however, should the icon of nurgle remian in the hands of the raptor squad, or should I instead add it to my termies?

HQ
DP with wings, MoN and warptime

Troops

7 plague marines, 6 + champ
2 plasma, powerfist (231)

elite (yay its back :p)
4 termies, 3 + champ
powerfist, 4 combie weapons (plasma) (160)

Fast attack
7 raptors, 6 +champ (250)
powerfist, 2 melta guns, Icon of nurgle (counts as mark of nurgle)

Heavy
Pred with auto cannon and two hvy bolters (100)

2 obliterators (150)

7 havocs, 6 + champ
3 auto cannons (165)

total: 1993

I'm still debateing on the raptors vs termies, well see how it goes.

*EDIT* mmk, the icon, which gives my raptors the mark of nurgle, also allows my termies to deep strike within 6 inches of them and not scatter. i think this will work out just nicely :p

·
860 Posts
Overall I really like your list, though I think you are low on anti-tank weapons.

I don't like autocannon Havocs, and didn't even when they where all the rage with 'TankHunters' skill. As you need more AT, why not replace these Autocannons with Missile Launchers for the same points. They still work well against hordes, and are better against MEQs. You don't need a Champion for your Havocs. Just have 6 Havocs and use the points for another Raptor.

Use 5 of your remaining points to upgrade the Terminator Power Fist to a Chain Fist, as they are fantastic against vehicles. Also it might be better to have one Termie with a Heavy Flamer instead of a Combi-Plasma.

Hope this helps, and good hunting.

Lord Ramon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts