·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ1-Haemonculus x2 Haemonculus Ancient x1 -225 Pts x2
wargear 3x Venomblade 3x Liquefier Gun
HQ2-The exact same thing as HQ 1

Elites- 4 grotesques w/ Liquefier Gun w/ Abberation w/ Venom Blade -165 pts x3
yes three squads of grotesques with haemonculus attached so they don't rage.

Troops- 9 Wyches w/ Haywire w/ Hekatrix w/ Venomblade -123 Pts x2

10 Kabalite Warriors+ Darklance -115 x2
Heavy Support Chronos w/ Spirit probe -90 pts

Dedicated Transports- Raider w/ Flickerfield & Dissintegrator or Darklance 70 pts x7

TOTAL : 2001

My math should be right, but if it's not mock me relentlessly.

Tactics; You basically want to have the haemonculus pimp thing going, but to a better level using grotesques, because they are awesome. Load up all your tooled out squads in transports (grotesques w/ haemonculus ancients & wyches w/haemonculus) and then move your transports as fast as you can to spearhead right into the enemies line, unloading everything you have as fast as possible. The ships with the warriors in them should act like gunships, sitting on the outside of your ship line firing shots at all enemy mech to disable it asap. After you drop the megaton bomb payload of wyches and grotesques, the remaining transports fall back and act as secondary gunships, lighting up anything that tries to flank you with dissintegrator cannon fury. your melee blob should usually be together, cutting off escape for enemies, and re entering assaults asap. after your enemy is reduced to a smoldering pile of tear soaked ashes, claim all objectives and cackle maniacally.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, let me know if my numbers or anything are off or I messed up somewhere:pill:-FZB

·
Registered
187 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum.

Secondly I really like the idea of this list. I just used grots my last game and was pleasantly surprised. What I would like to know is have been able to try this list out yet? I think a game with this list would be alot of fun. And if you were somehow able to get Urien into the list he could really buff those grots.

The only critique I would have is, I don't think you have enough darklances. From my count a possible 9 darklances, in my list I run 18 darklight weapons and even then I find it hard to take out tanks. I usually end up assaulting with wyches to kill big pesky targets. But I do like your direction, keep it up.

Quixos

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
I was planning to run 2 squads of 3 and even made a list with 3 squads of 3 but haven't had the nerve to do that.

I also think when investing in grotesques that I would be extremely tempted to run Urien in order to bump up the strength on the Grotesques. To do that here I would have no problem dropping 1 grotesque from each squad. I would also be tempted to squeeze in flesh gauntlets for them too but that is more of a personal choice.

Heavy Support is the only thing that has flashing lights and sirens going off - Anything but the Cronos however I think you do need some ranged anti-armor in there.

Reactions: FZB

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually do run this list occasionally, I completely spaced rakarth, and that's a really good point. I used something similar to this for making grotesques (Eye of Error: Dark Eldar Grotesque Conversions) because there is no way i'm going to make that many GW grotesques. Dropping the chronos and the 2 darklances on the warriors for blasters would free up some points, and allow for 5 man warrior squads, meaning more blasters. I am a huge fan of dissies, (just because of the anti terminator aspect mos because i play against a ton of marines) but the bulk of the transtports could have dark lances with KBW with blasters. and for close combat, nothing survives that many HWGs from the wyches.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would also think about night shields instead of flickerfields. Since our transports should never sit still you should always gain a coversave. And if your tanks get assaulted your doing something wrong. Another thought is trade out some raiders for venoms and toss five man warrior squads with blasters in them. Then not only do you have anti tank you have anti infantry too.

Hope that helps a bit

Quixos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.