Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another 2000 point Tau army list posted here... Didn't get any comments. <_<

Let's try this one:

1 Ethereal (HQ) @ 50 Pts
2 Close Combat Weapons

1 Commander Shas'el (HQ) @ 106 Pts
Fusion Blaster; Missile Pod; Shield Generators
Hard-wired multi-tracker [10]

3 Crisis Battlesuit Team (Elites) @ 205 Pts
Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker; Bonded

3 Crisis Battlesuit Team (Elites) @ 205 Pts
Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker; Bonded

2 Crisis Battlesuit Team (Elites) @ 181 Pts
Burst Cannon; Flamer; Multi-Tracker; Bonded

1 Team Leader @ [69] Pts
Burst Cannon; Fusion Blaster; Multi-Tracker
Hard-wired target lock [7]

12 Fire Warriors (Troops) @ 142 Pts
Pulse Carbine (x6); Pulse Rifle (x6); Photon Grenades; Bonded

11 Fire Warriors (Troops) @ 157 Pts
Pulse Rifle (x11); Bonded

1 Shas'ui @ [37] Pts
Pulse Rifle; Markerlight

11 Fire Warriors (Troops) @ 157 Pts
Pulse Rifle (x11); Bonded

1 Shas'ui @ [37] Pts
Pulse Rifle; Markerlight

12 Fire Warriors (Troops) @ 130 Pts
Pulse Rifle (x12); Bonded

12 Fire Warriors (Troops) @ 130 Pts
Pulse Rifle (x12); Bonded

12 Kroot Carnivores (Troops) @ 132 Pts
Kroot Rifle

8 Kroot Hounds #2 @ [48] Pts

2 Broadside Battlesuit Team (Heavy Support) @ 235 Pts
Smart Missile System; TL Railgun; Target Lockers; Bonded

1 Broadside Battle Suit #1 @ [75] Pts
Smart Missile System; TL Railgun; Multi-Tracker

1 Hammerhead Gunship (Heavy Support) @ 170 Pts
Railgun; Two Burst Cannons; Landing Gear
#Targetting Array [0]
Decoy Launcher [5]
Disruption Pod [5]
Multi-tracker [10]

Models in Army: 95

Total Army Cost: 2000

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm... I intend to use this squad for close support with the firewarrior squad and the kroot squad. I tend to face assaulty guard and waves of orks who are going to get up to my lines. I was looking for a way to kill weaker troops en mase. I would like at least ONE flame unit in the squad. Perhaps I'm over-tasking that squad?

What about this?

2 Crisis Battlesuit Team (Elites) @ 181 Pts
Burst Cannon; Fusion Blaster; Multi-Tracker; Bonded

1 Crisis Battlesuit Team #1 @ [57] Pts
Flamer; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

That way, he has ranged/ap and that template... Can't wait to try this new list out...

regards,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Zviper@Oct 22 2003, 14:03
why are you using a Shas'el in a 2000 point game?

get the Shas'O
I'd love to fit him in there, but what would remove from the list? I'm unwilling to sacrifice 25 points (three or four models for him) - for what boils down being to an extra wound and BS 5.

Regards,

·
Registered
199 Posts
if you want to kill mad amounts of orks, why not just get a couple squads of stealth teams? Powerful and mobile. IMO better for anti-infantry jobs than crisis suits if you know how to use them. Crisis suits are mainly for seriously tough infantry like termies or beefed up marine squads.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Warped314@Oct 22 2003, 20:30
if you want to kill mad amounts of orks, why not just get a couple squads of stealth teams? Powerful and mobile. IMO better for anti-infantry jobs than crisis suits if you know how to use them. Crisis suits are mainly for seriously tough infantry like termies or beefed up marine squads.
I love stealth suits, but killing mad amount of Orks is what my firewarriors are for. The crisis suits fit in where the stealth suits fail. Hitting light armor, and killing multi-wound/higher toughness monsters.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by WraithSting@Oct 23 2003, 01:22
little CC power in a 2000pt army drop some fire warriors for some more kroot or gun drones even, they can pin squads from their advance towards u.
That certainly is a sticking point with me. As a matter of fact, on an earlier version of this list (all untested, by the way...) I had a gun drone squadron, more kroot and no pulse carbine squad. From when I used gun drones before, they just didn't hold up... or pin any squads. So I went with a bonded firewarrior squad which should be a bit more resilient, especially with an ethereal, photon grenades and pulse carbines so they can move. I think they'll hold up a bit better in cc, although I'll probably try the army both ways... Then again, how much cc can you get in a tau army. :)

regards,

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like the list with one flamer only,
i got around 2500 pts cos i bought around 1000 points a few days ago,
i got a flamer on crisis aswell and my m8s tyranid army fell to it as soon as they got close!
but u really need more kroot for the messy CC areas of the game.
i also agree about stealth. good for anti infantry of you can use em right.
I got a tip also. if u fightin nids and they got a lictor (secret deployment arse)
Never underestimate it.
Always behind FW squads and it rips em to shreds.(especially a small squad of 6)

**FOR THE GREATER GOOD**

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think yo shold listen to Shas'o Hampster and Sviper. Ican't imagine using a shas'el in a 2000 point game.

You crisis teams looks good, but I would make one of them caonfigured with pasmam and fusion/MT and add 2 gun drones.

Instead of 3 crisis teams I would drop the 2 man team and add a 6 man stealth team. More on this later.

I can't stress enough how much I think your shas'u, markerlights , and target locks in the Fw squads are mostly wasted. I wrote about this in Kais' post.

Youhave what, 3-4 FW squads? That 4 markerlight shots. Average 2 hits. Still yo have to hit with yet another model. Even with a 2+ it could still miss. You are stretching the odds away from you. All this for a total of 27 points per Fw squad. If you have 4 suqads that means 1-4 points. That coul mean 2 gun drnoes for a 6 man stealth team and gun drones from both crisis teams, and you have points left to upgrade to a shas'o. Gaet miore troups (wounds) and shots (chances to kills. You don't think maybe 6 more shots (or more) and a better chance to hit with a shas'o more than makes up for it. Try it.

Not trying to insult or anything, just ant you to have an increased chance of success. Good Luck.

TauofWar

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.