Carnifex - 110 points
Scything
Rending
extended carapeace

Total: 1999

·
Registered
41 Posts
looks cool to me, only 1 suggetion-instead of 3 warriors maybe the red terror?? it draws a lot more fire and the 3+ armour save sure helps when your guants have hive node anyways. im not big on warriors actually at all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
oh one more thing...instead of buying 2 carnifexes buy old one eye. now you dont have to use him as old one eye you can field him as a normal carnifex but just incase you play a game under 1500 points then its always good to have him there and save money.;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Have you looked at the seeding swarm army list from chapter approved 2003? It's BROKEN! Also, I'd switch the inplant attack from the 'stealers to scything talons (more attacks=more rending claw nastiness), and by all means give your carnifexes guns instead of rending claws. Mutable carnifexes can have devourers (12"r S9 Assault 4) or Spinefists (12"r S10 Assault 2) this will let you nuke vehicles without actually having to get to them! Also add extended carapace to your tyrant. Implant attack is really a waste of points unless playing against an army with lots of multi-wound stuff. Maybe take implant off your warriors and add devourers so they can shoot some. Lastly, by all means put two hive nodes in each gaunt squad just to defend against stuff like whirlwinds (can't reposition ordinance templates) and vindicare assassins (can pick models). Hope this helps!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heres something ijust made up with a mutable genus

Head Quarters

Mutable Hive Tyrant - 152 points
Adrenal Glands + 1 (WS)
Extend Carapeace + 1 armour save
Toxin Sacs + 1
Wings
Rending Claws
Scything Talons

Elites

3 Lictores - 240 points

6 Tyranid Warriors - 210 points
1 Venom Cannon
6 Rending Claws
5 Scything Talons
Adrenal Glands + 1 (WS)
Enhanced Senses + 1 (BS)
Toxin Sacs + 1 (ST)
Extended Carapeace + 1 armour save

Troops

32 Spine Gaunts - 148 points
Spine Fist
Hive node x2

32 Scythe Gaunts - 212 points
Scything Talons
Hive Node x2

Spine Fist
Hive Node X2

Scything Talons

Fast Attack

3 Raveners - 135 points
3 Scything Talons
3 Rending Talons

The Red Terror - 104 points

Heavy Support

Tankbustanex - 127 points
Adrenal Glands + 1 (WS)
Enhanced Senses + 1 (BS)
Toxin Sacs + 1 (ST)
Devourer

Tankbustanex - 127 points
Adrenal Glands + 1 (WS)
Enhanced Senses + 1 (BS)
Toxin Sacs + 1 (ST)
Devourer

3 Biovores - 176 points
2 Frag Spore s
2 Poisen Spores
Total: 1991

·
Registered
41 Posts
whoa whoa i dont give my carnifexes guns at all and they kick ass. Tyranids are a close combat army so make them a close combat army. Your carnifex is a tank killer, so make him a good one. Scything talonsx2 and carapace will make him an almost invincible tank (even land raider) demolisher.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yeah with all this ork talk are you sure the nids are for you? :) orks are cool to though in my opinion. And i agree, i think that old one eye should be allowed at any point level and the same thing for the red terror. I mean maybe you could only pick one or the other or something like that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Try the shooty 'fexes...they're cool! And give your tyrant a gun instead of the rending claws. They are (in my opinion) a waste of points since monstrous creatures ignore saves. Sure, you auto-wound on a 6 but you're usually going to wound on 2+ anyway, so I really wouldn't spend the points there (even another set of scything talons are better).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Forgot to mention...About implant attack, it's only worthwhile against things with more than one wound as the wounds are applied two at a time. So it is just overkill to wound a marine etc twice. 1 hit from rending claws=dead marine...1 hit from rending claws with implant attack=1 REALLY dead marine. Game effect...none. I thought the doubled wounds carried over the first time I read that too!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Head Quarters

Mutable Hive Tyrant - 157 points
Adrenal Glands + 1 (WS)
Extend Carapeace + 1 armour save
Toxin Sacs + 1 (ST)
Wings
2 Scything Talons

Elites

3 Lictors - 240 points

6 Tyranid Warriors - 210 points
1 Venom Cannon
6 Rending Claws
5 Scything Talons
Adrenal Glands + 1 (WS)
Enhanced Senses + 1 (BS)
Toxin Sacs + 1 (ST)

Troops

Spine Fist
Hive node x2

Scything Talons
Hive Node x2

Spine Fist
Hive Node X2

Scything Talons

Fast Attack

3 Raveners - 135 points
3 Scything Talons
3 Rending Talons

The Red Terror - 104 points

Heavy Support

Tanksmashanex - 106 points
Adrenal Glands + 1 (WS)
Toxin Sacs + 1 (ST)
2 Sycthing Talons

Tanksmashanex - 106 points
Adrenal Glands + 1 (WS)
Toxin Sacs + 1 (ST)
2 Scything Talons

3 Biovores - 176 points
2 Frag Spore s
2 Poisen Spores

Total: 1954

I've decided to not get the guns on my Tanksmashanexs because it gets the job done and cheaper
now ive got some extra points and dont know what to do with em

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Looks pretty sweet, but I'm not a Nid expert :D. I like your large gaunt units, no wait I love em!! You shhould be able to swarm over your opponent with no problems! But I thought scything talons could only be given once, while your raveners have 3 sets.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tyrants can't have fleet of claw-only wings. keep the wings its worth it! the harder it is to hit your tyrant the longer you will have fire diverted from your gaunts. and two sets of talons are legal to have. (i.e the red terror with 3+2 attacks because of the 2 pairs of talons)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont know a whole lot about 'Nids, but I really think you should drop the Biovores. They almost NEVER hit where you want them to. I suppose that would free up some points to round some other stuff out, or add a Lictor or something, I dunno. Looks wicked cool otherwise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.