Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Here's a 2000pt list i made, very themed to tzeentch and things like the sacred number from the previous codex..... fairly competative, gonna use it as practice for my mates deathguard who has been invited to an Invitation only elite tournament.

HQ Daemon Prince, Wings, MoT, Warptime, Winds of Chaos.

TROOP 9 x TS marines, 1 icon, Sorceror with warptime, in rhino with extra armour

TROOP 9 x TS marines, 1 icon, Sorceror with warptime, in rhino with extra armour

ELITE 9 x Termies, reaper autocannon, Icon of Tzeentch, Champ with Combi melta & chainfist

ELITE Dreadnought with DCCW & TL Autocannon

ELITE Dreadnought with DCCW & TL Autocannon

HEAVY 3 x Obliterators

Basically the Icons on the TS squads are just to Teleport the Termies in. the DP will run around taking on the tough stuff. Obliterators and Dreads just sitting back and providing cover fire / Anti Armour.

I have everything looking tzeentch anyway.... even the Oblits are painted in Tzeentch colours with Tzeentch Heads, with the same heads on the termies.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
For a 2000 point build, your list lacks serious tank busting. The obliterators aren't sufficient, and the dreads will only pierce lightly plated armor. This is your biggest issue.

Prince: Fine. I prefer doom bolt over Winds, but at the 2000 point level, winds works too.

Termis: Hmm...much too large. It seems you're taking the squad due to fluff reasons, which is fine. Otherwise, I'd strongly recommend that you drop them down to a 6-7 man unit. Second, especially against D.G., you need more heavy hitting ranged hate, as well as more power fists. Combi-plasmas are a great deal for their fire output, especially when using them in conjunction with an icon in order to prevent scatter. This virtually guarantees they combi-plasmas will get rapid fire. In a 9 man squad, consider taking 6 combi-plasmas and adding at least two more fists.

Reaper Auto-cannon: In 4th edition, it's just, well, expensive. For its price, one can upgrade a whopping 5 termis with combi-plasmas. Unless you're footslogging your termis, the reaper's range becomes a moot point in most scenarios. Against D.G., it's an all but useless weapon. Just my thoughts.

Dreads: Swap for missile launchers or las-canons (or both). If you are at all inclined to the idea of using predators with las-sponsons, then I'd highly suggest you go this route over the dreads. After all, you could use the additional tank busting.

T.S. Marines: Warp Time is a nice option against D.G.. Otherwise, you might consider going with doombolt.

Best of luck! :happy:

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
Personally, I think plasma does rather poorly against death guard. FnP basically gives them a save against it and since you only get one shot with each (or 2 rapid firing), it's probably ultimately not going to pay off. Combi-meltas might be better both to supplement your army's anti-vehicle, and to ignore FnP rolls.

For the prince - Winds of Chaos is nice, but bolt of change might be better - for the same reasons I suggested combi-meltas for the terminators.

I second Rabbit's thoughts on the dreadnoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.