W/ Bio Plasma

Trygon Prime
W/ Adrenal Glands

Thanks a load

·
Shire can't handle me
6,167 Posts
OK, let's get ripping!

- Melee Carnifexes don't work anymore. When's the last time you saw a melee Carnifex in a competitive list?
- Why the AG on the Trygon? There aren't many things out there with T5 or T7. Unless you plan to face another Tyranid army it's a waste.
- Dooms are great for casual, still great for competitive but unfortunately we need anti-tank.
- Swarmlord in a 2000 pointer? Really? You could save a lot of points to bolster other sections of the army if you didn't have Swarmy. By the way, he's going to die.
- Warriors = bad in competition. For just 10 points more you could get a group of Genes that would work much better.
- Devigants need to be in spores. And they shouldn't be in a competitive list using that many points.
- You shouldn't have more Zoeys than Hive Guards.

So with that in mind, a reconstruction is in order!

== HQ ==
Hive Tyrant (1) - Scything Talons, Scything Talons, Acid Blood, Wings, Paroxysm, Leech Essence, Hive Commander = 270 pts.

== Elites ==
Hive Guard Brood (3) = 150 pts.
Hive Guard Brood (3) = 150 pts.
Zoanthrope Brood (160 pts.)
--> Zoanthrope (2) = 120 pts.
--> Mycetic Spore (1) = 40 pts.

== Troops ==
Tervigon (1) - Cluster Spines, AG, Toxin Sacs, Cat, Taken As Troops = 195 pts.
Termagant Brood (24) - Fleshborer = 120 pts.
Tervigon (1) - Cluster Spines, AG, Toxin Sacs, Cat, Taken As Troops = 195 pts.
Termagant Brood (24) - Fleshborer = 120 pts.
Genestealer Brood (10) - Toxin Sacs = 170 pts.

== Heavy Support ==
Trygon Prime (1) - Containment Spines, Trygon Prime Upgrade, Synapse Creature, Shadow In The Warp = 240 pts.
Carnifex Brood (230 pts.)
--> Carnifex (1) - Twin-Linked Devourer - Brainleech Worms, Twin-Linked Devourer - Brainleech Worms = 190 pts.
--> Mycetic Spore (1) = 40 pts.

== Total ==
2000 pts.

Now I know, it looks like the generic competitive Tyranid list that you see these days but really that's all that will get you to the top. One thing you need to look out for is for heavy mech lists. If you know you're going to come up against 9 Leman Russes or something ridiculous like that, make sure you get rid of the Carnifex and a couple of Termagants for a Tyrannofex with a Rupture cannon. Trust me, he makes these big guys look puny with his super gun.

Hope this helps.

·
Shire can't handle me
6,167 Posts
Devilgaunts aren't competitive because in groups of 10 with a Spore they average at 14 points a model which is very expensive and pointless as one las round is going to kill them.

It's not because they're bad, it's because there are better ways to spend your points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts