Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what do you think? i have my main lord flying round doing magic, causing terror, he is at -3 to hit him and has a ward save against any ranged attacks.
i'm not sure on the unit sizes of my skeletons and grave guard, originally i was going to have all grave guard at 20 but i thought 25 would make them tougher.
My other vampire stays in the middle of the army summoning zombies.

Vampire Lord w/ level 4, dark acolyte, flying horror, forbidden lore, armour of night, skabscrath wristbands of black gold 435
Wight King battle standard bearer 100
Vampire w/ level 2 dark acolyte, avatar of death, scectre de noirot 175
20 skeleton warriors w/FC 180
10 Crypt Ghouls w/ghast 88
5 Dire wolves w/ doom wolf 50
25 Grave Guard w/FC 330
24 Grave Guard w/FC and GWs 342
Vargulf

·
Registered
366 Posts
Vampire Lord - You have over 100pts of Vampiric powers.

BSB is not as useful in VCs as in other armies, I would take another Vampire for more magic.

Apart from that I quite like it, maybe a dispel scroll though? Also I'm not sure about sending your general flying about, yes he is hard to shoot down but not impossible, and also he can't get involved in any large combat or he will die from combat res.

Will

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying,

Oops, you mean magic items? i shouldn't have had black periapt which meant i had 110 points of magic items, taken that off. i think i have 90 points on vampire powers and 95 on magic items.

I got the new vampire lord with the massive wing and sword, wanted him to do something interesting, i know its a risk but i can basically have a fresh zombie unit anywhere on the board if i'm lucky and careful with him. The varghulf might have to hold his hand.

Ended up with spare points without that item, ii can make room for either 5 more skeletons or a war banner, actually a dispel scroll as you said! sorted, i'll give it the vampire, i think he can have it.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
yes, he's hard to shoot at, unless you have an organ gun or cannon or magic missiles (he does get the save still) or someone could just charge him with some cavalry.

Your army seems small in the core units. What armies do you primarily face?

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
done an update, put another vamp in, think i've sorted out my point limit problems.

Vampire Lord w/ level 4, flying horror, forbidden lore, dark acolyte, armour of night, wristbands of black gold, skabscrath 435
Vampire level 2 w/ dark acolyte, avatar of death 150
Vampire level 2 w/ lord of the dead, dark acolyte, walach’s bloody hauberk 195

20 skeleton warriors w/FC, banner of the endless nightmare 200

20 Grave Guard w/FC 270
20 Grave Guard w/FC and GWs 290

Vargulf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts