20 Shootas, 2 rokkits, nob w/ bosspole + PK – 180

12 sluggas, nob w/ bosspole + PK in trukk (Reinforced Ram, big shoota) – 152

5 nob bikers w/ painboy, 2 power klaws, bosspole, waaagh banner - 325

3 kannons: 2 extra crew, 3 ammo grots, runtherd – 85

12 Stormboyz, nob w/ bosspole + PK – 184

war buggy w/ rokkit- 35

Not really sure where to put the last 10 points. General idea of the army is to have a large fire support base made up of the SAG, 20 lootas and 3 kannons, with the 40 shootas advancing or staying back depending on the opponent. Meanwhile, the 3 trukks, nobz, stormboyz, and boss all provide quite a bit of CC oomph. I'm wondering if I should swap out a squad of sluggas for some killa kans to advance with the shootaboyz, as I might not be able to hide 3 trukks very well. Thoughts? Also, how should I spend the last 10 points?

-Gorfang

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just a few things you might want to consider. Get rid of a truck with da boyz and get 3 buggys with skorcha and red paint job. Also with the 10 points give each truck boarding planks; this will mean your pk Nobs will be able to swipe at tanks within 2 of the plank getting 5 str 9 attacks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Since you're 10 points short you might just add some red paint job on your truks. Other than that the list looks fine and I think you be able to deal with most of foes with such a nice number of boyz.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Hmm...

First of all, in any case, I wouldn't cut any of the trukk boyz. If anything you could use a fourth, but with the stormboyz you're probably good as you are.

Second, I'd drop the re-inforced rams (if you're that close to enemy troops, I'd assault them), and the kannons altogether. This gives you 110 points to play with altogether (which includes the 10 points you already had).

I'd spend 70 points on two more rokkit buggies, each one of them fielded individually, in units of 1.

With the last 40 points, I'd buy a looted wagon, with a big shoota and nothing else. Use this to block your enemy's line of sight toward your most vulnerable units, in case they get first turn. Then run the looted wagon forward, as mobile cover, and with any luck your opponent will target them first, rather than your lootas or bikes. You wouldn't believe how often this works.

Giving the trukks red paint jobs would be nice, but it isn't mandatory. If you want to, I'd drop a single loota off one of the two teams to make up the points needed for the red paint. If you'd rather have the loota, then just skip the red paint job.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.