Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a 2000 point list for a game next weekend. Its going to be a 4-way free-for-all and my opponents will likely be Orks, Nids (or Tau), Witch Hunters (or Space Marines). Those are the armies as owned by the different players, so I could face a variety of any of those. I've gone for a completely mobile force and I'd like to keep it that way. When there seems to be an oddity between what equipment I've given, it may be because of a lack of other models on my part. All the grey hunters have bolters, except for a few of the special weapons people. So here goes...

Venerable Dreadnaught
- Assault Cannon
Wolf Priest
- Rune Armor, Frost Blade, Bolter, Wolf Tooth Necklace
Wolf Lord
- Rune Armor, Frost Blade, Bolter, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Belt of Russ

5 Wolf Scouts
- 2 Plasma Pistols, 2 Power Weapons, Meltagun

6 Grey Hunters: 4 Bolters, 1 Power Weapon
- Razorback, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers, PMS Bolter
6 Grey Hunters: 4 Bolters, 1 Power Weapon
- Razorback, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers, PMS Bolter
9 Grey Hunters: Meltagun, 2 Plasma Pistols, 2 Power weapons
- Rhino, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers, PMS Bolter
9 Grey Hunters: Meltagun, 2 Plasma Pistols, 1 Power Weapon, 1 Powerfist
10 Grey Hunters: Bolters

Predator Annihilator
- Lascannons
Whirlwind

1997 points

The characters go in the two squads that are 9 strong. Thoughts, Criticism, Cookies?

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
I like the list in general. A good assault machanized... the only things that bugs me are thw power weapons instead of Power Fists to the Grey Hunters...

Also the thing that there are no Blood Claws...

·
Wolf Lord
426 Posts
I'm a little short on time just this moment so I apologize if I seem brief.

Overall the list looks good and you have great numbers. The biggest thing that sticks out as a no-no to me is the predator. It is generally best to take the Destructor with the lascannon sponsons or the Annihilator with the heavy bolters. These two are the most effective for the points and in your case against nids and orcs I would suggest the Annihilator with the HBs.

As was said I would advocate fists over power weapons and I would also suggest losing the plasma pistols, but you mentioned it being a modeling issue, so that's nothing you can really change on the fly.

What size board are you guys playing on for four people each with 2000 points?

Do the Razorbacks have lascannons or heavy bolters?

Lastly because we are talking about a game this next week I suppose it is not helpful of me to give advice on adding units or options that you do not own. What other models do you have on hand that could be added in? Any Blood Claws?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Part of my problem was that I bought this army from another person, as well as a vanilla space marine army that I've added space wolf bits to, that's the reason for all the grey hunters, I just have a lot of models that just have bolters. Again, limitations of the models is why I only have a couple powerfists, I've put all of the powerfist models that I have into the army (not counting terminators). Also, I didn't assemble the Annihilator, my idiot brother did. Which means the lascannon sponsons are not only glued to the sponson, but also to the side of the tank, and at the moment I don't have the heavy bolters to add to the sides, but I will consider changing that for the future. The table we're playing on is about 5x7 (weird, I know, but we're in college, so we make do with the table we have), probably quite a bit of terrain (what fun is it if half your army is destroyed by shooting in the first turn), so I'll have cover and enough room in between people that I can do some shooting to soften things up for combat. I've found out that the other three players are definitely Orks, Nids, and Imperial Guard with Witch Hunters (about a 50/50 mix of the two). The plasma pistols are in there so every unit has a chance of doing something in case they run across a tank, dreadnaught, or big bug, I wanted every unit to be as flexible as possible (except for the one, which is just to help add numbers to combat). The Razorbacks both have heavy bolters as I wanted to keep them fairly cheap. What I have that I could add in is a Land Raider, a Rune Priest, and about 20 Terminator wolf guard (1 Missile Launcher, 3 heavy flamers, the rest are either power fist or power weapon and storm bolter). Other than that, its about all I have. I hope this helps to give you an idea of what I'm working with, and thanks for the comments so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts