Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have desired a close combat marine army for awhile since the 5th SM codex took them away, and was unable to decide between BT / SW for awhile. Finally gave in to SW :(

The following is the list I came up with as it was the only one I like that I could theme differently from the normal space wolves.

HQ: Lycan Oldblood (rune priest) = 100 points
- murderous hurricane, storm caller
These are ancient werewolves, while they have weakened overtime they have also gained supernatural abilities that they can call on.

Elite * 2: Aspiring Lycan (lone wolf) = 35 [70] points
- mark of the wolfen
These are Lycan Newbloods on the verge of becoming full Lycans.

Troops * 3: 10 Lycan Newbloods (grey hunters) = 190 [570] points
- 2 w/ melta gun
- drop pod
Troops * 3: 10 Lycan Newbloods (grey hunters) = 190 [570] points
- 2 w/ melta gun
- rhino
These are newly turned mortals, while they still maintain a human form they do benefit from improved senses and physical abilities.

Fast Attack * 3: 4 Lycans (thunderwolf cavalry) = 230 [690] points
1 w/ thunder hammer
They are fully formed werewolves.

Well let me know what you think of my Werewolf Chapter. Should be fun to convert me some large hybrid werewolves.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Usually in an army with a lot of TWC, I see people using fenrisian wolves to screen them out. However, that would require Canis as one of your HQ's. I'm not sure how survivable TWC's are without cover, but I guess that's why you have the RP w/stormcaller. Problem is, where are you going to put the RP...in a pod?

Also, your GH's are lacking in cc without any power weapons or MotW. You're have problems against terminators and the like. You may want to convert your squad of GH's in the rhino into long fangs and give power weapons or MotW to your other GH's.

I'd replace them (GH's in rhino) with this:

6x Long Fangs - 5 ML's - 140
3 power weapons or MotW - 45 (for the other 3 units of GH's)

This way, at least you have a chance to take down 2 enemy transports per turn. If you want, you could give your RP Living Lightning and put him with your LF's as well.

·
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the rune priest he is gonna just join a unit of TWC as first turn he will just be moving / running forward, second turn he will split and join a drop pod unit or just be pulled along into combat with the TWC as even without the second run they could make a charge most likely.

The thing with the grey hunters is I have found that power weapons are just a waste I have never liked them for the cost, and I did consider mark on them instead of doing lone wolves but I like the fluffyness of the lone wolves for my army. Plus don't see a werewolf chapter using heavy weapon guys, unless they were relentless.

Don't know may try a game with the long fangs if I am lacking for firepower and will of course change rune priest to lightning and stick him with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.