Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going through a zomg Black Library phase and so here is my Army List for it
depending on what u guys think this could be anything from a just for fun list to a competitave list.

HQ
Eldrad Ulthran
6 warlocks as a bodyguard
mainly Destructer (think mass flamer destruction)

Elite
Full Harlequin Troupe
fully upgraded (thats troupe masters, shadowseers, death jesters, kisses and fusion pistols)

Full Harlequin Troupe
fully upgraded

Troops
Full Wraithguard squad
lead be a warlock with conceal and spiritseer

10 Rangers
upgraded to pathfinders

HS
Wraithlord
Brightlance and wraithsword

Warithlord

all up this comes to pretty close to 2000 points ive forgotten how much it is exactly
i know i havent really thought this army through enough but i would like any and all advice/criticism

For more detail about the Black Library theme behind this go to http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/40k-army-fluff/116594-black-library-themed-army-fluff.html

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Im going through a zomg Black Library phase and so here is my Army List for it
depending on what u guys think this could be anything from a just for fun list to a competitave list.

HQ
Eldrad Ulthran
6 warlocks as a bodyguard
mainly Destructer (think mass flamer destruction)
not really that "black library" since eldrad is Ulthwe and the only real black library forces are harleys, would recomend looking up ulthwe strike force.

6 destructors is a waste, you will find by number 5 or 6 and sometimes 4 that you have no targets in flamer template range, look at embolden and enhance and also bare naked locks as abaltive aarmour
Elite
Full Harlequin Troupe
fully upgraded (thats troupe masters, shadowseers, death jesters, kisses and fusion pistols)

Full Harlequin Troupe
fully upgraded
good god no, death jesters and fusion pistols are pointless, 10 kisses is a liability, you will end up killing all your opponents on the charge, his turn the nearest unit shoots you to shreds, you only want about 5 kisses
Troops
Full Wraithguard squad
lead be a warlock with conceal and spiritseer

10 Rangers
upgraded to pathfinders
the pathfindes are not particularly efficient, I would cut the squad to 5 or 6 and look to spend the points on something more efective
HS
Wraithlord

Warithlord
[/quote]
the wraithsword is a waste, WL are not close combat slaughterers, the lack of attacks is a problem, hence would replace the sword with EML and use these for AT.

Wraith constructs aare the domain of craftworld eldar, again not particularly associated with the black library, although harleys historically had access to WL, but that was when they were eldar dreadnaughts
all up this comes to pretty close to 2000 points ive forgotten how much it is exactly
i know i havent really thought this army through enough but i would like any and all advice/criticism

For more detail about the Black Library theme behind this go to http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/40k-army-fluff/116594-black-library-themed-army-fluff.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
;o yeah i thought i would get a reaction somethin like that. thx for being honest.
while tactically ur probably all right there but with the "not very black libraryish, i did back all that up in the link u included in ur last quote.

anyway il go through and redo the list considering ur advice while u read the fluff :)
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
problem is black library force is harlequins, several people have put together lists based on harleys but using codex eldar rules, may be worth looking at them, alternatley do USF.

I put some comments in your fluff thread too.

Sorry if it seemed a little harsh, wasnt meant to be

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah dude its cool... bring on the harshness. People tend to be honest with criticism so i know im gettin good advice when i get posts like urs... anyway il post up my revised army list in a couple of days when i have time to go over it

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
ok well I did start to reply on your fluff, but I think I ditched it as it was quite critical, I gues the gist is:

the black library is not a collective mind, although it might take the form of a craftworld, it isnt one. Its occupants and defenders are harlequins (and something else vauguely described as more powerful) it doesnt have a standing army other than harleys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts