Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my list that I plan on using many, many times in the future. However, before I make any huge purchases I wanted to know if this is even a decent list.

HQ

Commander Dante- 225 pts
(Join with Sanguinary Guard)
(Transported in Stormraven)

Elites
Sanguinary Guard- 225 pts
-with Death Masks
(Transported in Stormraven)

Troops
Tactical Squad (10)- 175 pts
-with meltagun, missile launcher
-Sergeant with chainsword and bolt pistol
In a Rhino with storm bolter- 60 pts

Tactical Squad (10)- 175 pts
-with meltagun, missile launcher
-Sergeant with chainsword and bolt pistol
In a Rhino with storm bolter- 60 pts

Assault Squad (10)- 235 pts
-with plasma pistol
Sergeant with power fist, combat shield

Death Company (10)- 245 pts
In a Drop Pod- 35 pts

Death Company Dreadnought- 140 pts
-with Blood Talons and magna-grapple
In a Drop Pod- 35 pts

Death Company Dreadnought- 125 pts
-with Blood Talons
In a Drop Pod- 35 pts

Heavy Support
Stormraven Gunship- 230 pts
-with twin-linked multi-melta, twin-linked lascannons, hurricane bolters

So that's my army. The group that I play with uses either Chaos Space Marines, Grey Knights, Orks, or Imperial Guard, so I was trying to make my army as balanced as possible to deal with those armies, but with a little more anti-vehicle stuff because that never hurts, right? :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey

By deploying the second DCdread from the raven you can change the assualt squads plasma pistol into 2 melta guns.

Infact with some jigging you could get a priest

Maybe If you drop the Deathcompanies Droppod (you dont need it now anyway if ur using the Raven as a ferry and use the raven to ship the deathcompany and the dread (i know u wanted dante and his boys in the raven)

Drop the Hurricane bolters and the assualts combat shield and your not far off a priest.

My line of thought being

Dante and his mates drop in

If you add the priest to the Assualt Squads you can then have a guaranteed Feel No Pain and FC on the 10 man squad and with clever positioning maybe on the sang guard too.

I would ask if dantes not using all his drop in rules why take someone so expensive? A libby with a jump pack is near 100 pts cheaper gives unleash rage psychic defence and with the remaining points you can get a priest with Jump pack so the libby and sang guard are guaranteed FNP and FC too. all that int 5 str 5 power weapon with rerolls wins out in my opinion.

As for the tactical squads

Do you plan on using them to move the full squad or a combat squad as the missile launcher cant fire out the hatch if it moves, If you only ever intend for this to carry 5 Marines you can get a Heavy Bolter Razorback with a dozerblade instead, its not alot more firepower but its not costing you.

If your interested in the line of thought I can break out the dex to be more exact as most of this is coming from memory.

·
Registered
144 Posts
as above. also loose the deathmasks of the sanguard, they simply arnt worth it even less so when accompanied by dante who has one built in. replace with a chapter banner is you can. if they are with dante then give them a few inferno pistols to make use of his precision drop.. i wouldnt put them in a raven. and yes get a priest, guaranteed furious charge and fnp is awsome. and you definately want 2 meltas in your assault squad as you dont have a huge ammount of antitank tbh. also stick the death co and their dread in the raven. that also means, if you want lemartes can join them( if you do decide to replace dante with a libarian) that saves you the need for 2 pods, and shouldnt screw your army up too much and should help its chances against any more difficult armys you come accross.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
It isn't worth bringing Dante just to make the Sanguinary Guard scoring. I agree with Vinohrady that a Librarian makes better sense. You don't want to see what Lash of Submission can do to infantry-heavy Marines.

In fact, I think you'd do well to leave the SG out entirely and invest more in the DC. Five DC with packs, power weapons and Lemartes is much more brutal than SG with Dante. I've tried using bare DC in Drop Pods and it's hard to get performance out of them.

I would run with two Stormravens instead of one at this size of a game. You will need the redundancy. A better alternative might be to base your list around two Assault Squads (with attached characters) in dedicated Land Raiders. The Tactical Rhinos and a couple Dreads/Furiosos would round it out nicely.

Running a purist Drop BA army, I strongly prefer using Furiosos in Drop Pods over DC Dreads. That additional AV is game-changing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts