Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 2000 pt. competitive list for a tournament at my local hobby store that's coming up soon. It took a long time to come up with this list. I made change after change until I was finally satisfied with this:

HQ

Rune Priest: 155 pts.
- Space Marine Bike, Runic Armour.

Troops

3x 10 Grey Hunters: 205 pts. each.
- Melta gun, Plasma gun, MOTW.
- Rhino for each squad.

- Drop Pod w/ DWM for each squad.

Fast Attack

Land Speeder: 90 pts.
- HB, ASC.

- HB, ASC.

Heavy Support

2x Predator: 130 pts. each.

Vindicator: XXX pts.
- Bare Bones.

-----------------------------------------------
Model: 60 marines, 1 commander, 11 vehicles(9 of which are tanks).
Total Model Count: 72 (not too shabby for marines).
Total Points: 2000.
-----------------------------------------------
Comments and/or suggestions are openly welcome.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
HQ

Rune Priest: 155 pts.
- Space Marine Bike, Runic Armour.
I don't like RP's on bikes. If they turnboboost, they can't shoot (or rather, use their psychic shooting abilities). If they shoot, they don't get the cover saves and will be insta-gibbed from lascannons and other high-strength guns.

Troops

- Rhino for each squad.

- Drop Pod w/ DWM for each squad.
Not a good idea to mix-n-match special weapons. Either get 2x meltas or 2x plasmas but not mixed melta+plasma.

Fast Attack

- HB, ASC.

- HB, ASC.
If you're getting ASC speeders, you might as well go for Typhoons instead. They're much better.

Heavy Support

2x Predator: 130 pts. each.

Vindicator: XXX pts.
- Bare Bones.
Drop the preds and get 2x5 Long Fangs w/3 missile launchers + 1 lascannon instead. It's much, much better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also agree with JY about the rune priest on bike i think he would be much better put into one of your greyhunter squads and upgrade him to a rune master, Also i think you should replace the meltas in the squad with plasmas and use the speeders with multi meltas to do the tank hunting. Also good luck with the tourney:)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I didnt check back here in time to change the list for the tourny but I got second so I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
didn't you post this list on another forum? i am sure i have seen you on another forum. just a thought. but yea jy2 is spot on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.