Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone im relatively new to warhammer fantasy, was into it a bit a few years back but never pursued the hobby due to lack of expenses but now im trying to actually take it a bit more seriously, tomb kings really caught my attention this time around, even tho i gotta long way to go as far as learning the technicalities of the game i just wanted to make up a prefab list for you guys to critique cuz i plan on collecting anyway, just would be convinient sticking to a nice list to collect that i can field aswell. Thanks, sorry im pretty much a newbie at all this basically so bare with me.

I was thinking of a more defensive themed army whos offense focused on forcing an opponents worn down army to come towards me and getting flanked and sandwhiched, in a way i want to achieve good control of the field from all directions and provide sponges that can handle an attack long enough for heavy hitters to flank and press the enemy from all sides, a relentless and inevitable assault triggered by a defensive build.

Lord
Tomb King
Great Weapon
Light Armour

Heroes
Hierophant
Cloak of Dunes
Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest
Neferra's Plaques

Liche Priest
Casket of Souls

Core
16 Skele Archers

16 Skele Warrior
Musician
LA
HW/S

16 Skele Warrior
Musician
LA
HW/S

Special
4 Ushabti

4 Ushabti

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Rare
Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

Casket of Souls

Thank you all who contribute! All your imputs are valuable and recieved with gratitude.

PS-Sacrificed wargear for my Lord in order to field units, is it a worthwhile trade??? Thank you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you want to have a good control of the field, you should go for some chariots, good flanking and speed. Give the King a Collar of Shapesh and insted of the LA, give him Armour of the Ages, Mount him in a Chariot if you can and put him with the chariot unit. Make the archers units of 10 each and buff the hand weapon ones up to 19-24, more ranks= more enemies running away. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Right, Here are a few pointers:

King - Give him the Collar of Shappesh

Hiro - All good 8Y

Liche Priest 1 - Get rid of the plaque, either scroll him up or mount him and give him the Staff of Ravening, its more risky but a very good combo

Casket Priest - Maybe a Dispel scroll could go here?

Skele Units - If you want really defensive, turn all the skele units into two 24 man archer units. The 4+ save is normally useless anyway and a potential 96 bow shots per turn is pretty good. If you want the HW/S, go with one 24 man unit of HW/S and one 24 man unit of bowmen. Also, where is the banner of the undying legion?

Last core choice one unit of three chariots no command.

Tomb Scorpion - All good 8Y

Tomb Scorpion - All good 8Y

4 Ushabti - All good 8Y

4 Ushabti - more Usbabti?! I think this slot would be better filled by a unit of 5 Carrion. Great for Wizard/War machine hunting/table quarter contesting. Ushabti are good but forfil a limited role as a support unit, they are not good enough to take on most rank and file and break them.

Catapult - All good 8Y

Overall you definatly need at least one unit of chariots if not two. Take one unit of Ushabti out and put in something cheaper, either the carrion or a 3rd scorpion. Sit back with your archer units in two ranks of 12, and pepper away and then reform into a 5x5 formation.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Also if you really do want to go defensive and have no chariots, take a LHP and either the casket and a catapult or two catapults, with two LP's and a prince in one of the bowmen units.

A more radical verson of this is to take Khalida, to get poisoned shots. I wouldn't recommend it though, as you simply don't get enough shots before then enemy is on you and she costs too many points.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ok cool, hmmm well in reading all your responses i tried coming up with something that combined a little bit of all your guys' imput.

O and I also had a unit question, aside from carrions being convenient for getting at warmachines and characters, when it comes down to durability and which unit can take more hits as well as add to a flanking defensive style army would you guys go with the unit of 5 carrion or 24 tomb guard with king joining unit? The only reason im a little hesitant to include more chariot units and have the king join one is because i dont think id really know how to field and play that type of unit in a game. Plus as far as aesthetic, chariots dont really catch my eye heh.

Thanks again for your imput! Much appreciated.

Here's a revised list lemme know what you guys think:

Lord:
Tomb King
Great Weapon
Armour of the Ages
Collar of Shapesh

Heroes:
Liche Priest
Hierophant
Cloak of the Dunes
Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest
Skeleton Steed
Staff of Ravening

Liche Priest
Casket of Souls

Core:
24 Skeleton Archers

24 Skeleton Archers

3 Chariots

Special:
24 Tomb Guard
Standard Bearer
Banner of the Undying Legion
Musician

4 Ushabti

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Rare:
Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

Casket of Souls

Would the tomb guard with king be as good a flanking unit, while one unit of archers served as sponges?

Where would you guys position the chariot unit? Thanks for all your help again

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Maybe a combination of this list and the other. You have the third Priest here which is good, but look at getting that second Chariot unit in too. youll still have 2 decent blocks of infantry, so drop one of the skellie units and pick up some more Chariots. As well as some Light Cav or Swarms.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you know what i think for both armies i miscalculated the point distribution so i feel like that puts me back at square one or somewhere close to there haha as far as trying to invision some sort of strategy that i had going for either, i made a new list tho on a new thread thanks for all your help again and to everyone else that gave their 2 cents as well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.