Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all been toying around with this list a bit and was wondering if it is at all competitive.

HQ
Librarian- jump pack, bloodlance, fear of darkness- 125

Librarian- jump pack, bloodlance, fear of darkness- 125

Elites
3 sanguine priests- 3 infernus pistols, 3 jump packs- 270

sanguine priest- plasma pistol, jump pack- 90

Liberdread- bloodlance, fear of darkness- 175
Drop pod- 35

Troops
10 assault marines- 2 plasma guns, plasma pistol, power weapon- 235

10 assault marines- 2 meltaguns, infernus pistol, power weapon- 240

Fast
5 Vanguard vets- jump packs, 3 power weapons, glaive- 210

So the librarians will attach to the assault marines squads depending on the situation. Of course the priest with plasma pistol joins the plasma squad and the infernus pistols go with the melta squads. The vanguard vets are all alone so that they can assault the turn they come into play. Of course this list is meant to be played aggressively and with bloodlances and melta mech shouldn't be too big of a problem.

So what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance
Quixos

·
Registered
144 Posts
id yo et locked with a dreadnaught in cc you have nothing that can kil it in cc. id remove the plas pistol and upgrade a powerweapon to a fist. next your libarians, id try one with shild and rage to help keep you alive and alow you to be choppier in cc. also you do not need 4 priests. if you play right you can use the priests chalices to cover 2 squads. dont forget that 1 out of 3 games is kill points, and your sitting on 13 killpoints. the only thing that most armys will strugle with is the dread, but then again melta solves that... and a warning if your plasma squad fires it wont be able to assault. you may be better with a plasma honour guard in its place if your looking to pepper a unit.also saves the need for an extra priest) also vanguard, try for a fist in there or a hammer incase you scatter too far from your intended target but do get close enough to say a veichle or mc and give your self the oppertunity to damage it. also you said on their own, if you can when they do come down try to get them in range of a priest if you do want them to win cc as furious charge makes them powerweapons more worthwhile.
and finally despite the rule sounding great on early inspection doa can be a hinderance, by all means try it out and i hope itworks for you(should for vanguard) but many of us have found it dosent quite pay for itsself. also rember a few of our libarian powers can be used in our opponents turn( sheild, unlease rage, sword of sanguinius)
anyhow hope that helps somewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
The Dread needs to go, unfortunately. It'll be the only target on Turn 1. Throw out all those infernus pistols to afford powerfists (the plasma pistol/pw can stay).

You're neglecting support fire. The points saved so far are enough for a Devastator or cyclone Terminator squad; that'll help immensely while keeping a no-vehicle theme.

Who's holding your home objective? Swap two priests for a Tactical squad if you don't have an alternative in mind. A couple Priests ought to suffice anyway. One Librarian can bring Shield of Sanguinius if you'd like some extra protection.

·
Registered
442 Posts
1500 points Blood Angels

HQ- 250
1x Librarian, jump pack, Shield of Sanguinus, Unleash rage- 125
1x Librarian, jump pack, Shield of Sanguinus, Unleash rage- 125

Troops- 820
10x Assault Marines, powerfist, 2x meltaguns- 235
10x Assault Marines, powerfist, 2x meltaguns- 235
10x Scout squad, powerfist, missile launcher, bolters- 175
10x Scout squad, powerfist, missile launcher, bolters- 175

Elites- 160
1x Sanguinary Priest, jumppack, melta bombs-80
1x Sanguinary Priest, jumppack, melta bombs-80

Heavy Support- 270
5x Devastator Squad, 3 Plasma Cannons- 135
5x Devastator Squad, 3 Plasma Cannons- 135

Librarian and priest each go with an assault squad. Infiltrate and split your scouts. Your assault squads will now have feel no pain and a 5+ cover save even in the open, plus extra attacks in melee.

This is 1500, gives you 500 points to play around with if you want a vanguard squad or dread or termis, I think it fits your theme.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey juggulator, is this the list that you play? If so how does it work out in terms of competitiveness and fun???

Anyways im also starting Blood Angels and thought of doing DoA but then decided against. Im going to try where you start everyone on board and use cover/priests/librarians to help them survive flying across the board on JP while they are supported by shooty stuff. havent made a full list but i know what my basic army will be like. Its kinda like juggulators in the sense of how the list works.

·
Registered
144 Posts
thats how blood angels should be played tough, doa is just a quirk, a distraction from the table. its effective sometimes of course but think about it. first turn nothing, second turn a fair bit deepstrikes but you cant asault that turn( which is where ba are best) and you can still mishap. good generalship will help mitigate this but still. ok you get the chance to shoot, but so does the enemy. and your assault squads are huddled up if you did so plasma cannons and blast weapons will hurt, alot. and the opponent can decide how to react, shoot, charge ignore etc.. by the time you get to actually charge its turn 3 and youll have taken alot of casultys. and thats providing you want to be close to you opponets, you wont want to be anywhere near nids orks deamons etc. and loosing the charge hurts us against most armys.
comparatively if you start on the board sure you have to take fire from turn 1, but you are all there, and your opponet will have to split fire or ignore some units. but you get your 12 inch move, and if your out of gunrange a run move. now if you started 24 inches appart then you should get a second turn charge somewhere and use that to block line of sight as well as shooting and opening up veichles etc. ive played both ways and seriously doa stands for dead on arrival for a reason...ive a far better record when i start on the table...

·
Registered
442 Posts
dear thecomedian, no it's not the list I play but its pretty standard. Everything is on the board, but I can't speak to its competitiveness as I haven't played the list first hand. Proxy it for a few battles and test it out and see if you like it. Personally I like the fast vehicles that the blood angels get and I like the special characters and death company. Nothing scarier than two fast vindicators.

·
Registered
144 Posts
anything thats in range to shooot them that survives their salvo deserves to get a chance to shoot them. and yu say that but instead of loosing all three you just saved one... which is gonna annoy the opponent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts