8x Miners 88
10x Quarrelers with shields 120

1x Bolt Thrower + Engie + RoPenetrating 85
1x Bolt Thrower + Engie + RoPenetrating + RoBurning 90
1x Grudge Thrower + Engie + Ro Penetrating + RoAccuracy 145

1x Goblin Hewer 130
1x Gyrocopter 140

Total = 2,001

The list right now comes out to be 2001 points. This is also my first army so I don't really know how much guys should be in each unit and where my heroes should be in battle. Some things I would like to add, the goblin hewer, ironbreakers, and dragon slayer are musts for me. These 3 things are what really sold me into joining the Dwarf ranks.

I also am going with the idea that it is a no gunpowder army, so no thunderers, organ guns, or canons. Malakai alone can have his gun because he’s crazy (But if I could change his weapon legally, that would be appreciated).

Lastly, the Fantasy scene in Hawaii is quite sad. And so, my friend and I alone are leading the charge in its hopeful revival. Meaning, I will mostly be facing his army, which is the dreaded Vampire Counts. So if you guys can give some ideas to tailor the list to combat the undead, that would be appreciated. But all that matters in the end is having fun, so winning is not the most important thing for me. Well thanks a lot everyone for your insights!

·
Organised Chaos
1,233 Posts
Fun list as it may be, the glaring thing in my mind is that you have no Lord choice in your army, and also only 5 dispel dice. as your opponent will obviously be taking a vampire lord and up to 3 other vampires you can expect to be facing in a balanced vamp list at least 10 casting dice, which more often than not will go towards one dice casting on his own units. Your 3 dispel runes are not going to be amazingly effective except for when you absolutly need to stop a movement spell from him and getting magic res from runes will not really help as its unlikely he will cast on you units except in the off chances.

For you first thing i would sugest is get a Rune Lord with Anvil. He will be your general which isnt a big leap as at the moment the only character you have who can be the general of your army is your Rune Smith who is only being used as a Scroll (Rune) caddy. With the Rune Lord and Anvil you get alone 7 dispell dice (4 army + 2 Rune Lord + 1 Anvil), not to mention the anvil abilities to make units move, immune to fear and terror or reroll failed tests, and the ability to "zap" enemy units from afar, adding to your shooting phase. Its only real down side is that you can't put it in a unit so it is stand alone, so if left undefended can be overrun. This is your best option considering your unit choices though.

You can afford to drop a couple of models from each warrior unit, and upgrade one to a Longbeard unit. Having another WS5 unit which is immune to panic, and allows nearby units to reroll for thier panic is a great buy, and the extra Strength will mean the unit is much more combat effective, as you will be hitting mostly on 3s.

The miner unit...i'm guessing from skull pass box set, you may consider dropping and putting in another unit of quarrellers. They're not that great without an anvil to move them about, and as they will often be outnumbererd by fear causing units they are not going to do a massive amout of good in your army.

Other than those pointers ther isnt much i can sugest other than dropping goblin hewer and maybe tweeking the bsb thane in some way that someone else mayb be able to help with.

Hope this helped a bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so I've changed things to fit the anvil in.

Runelord with Anvil of Doom + MRoSpellbinding + RoStone 370
BSB Thane with great weapon + MRoGromril + RoResistance + Oathstone 164
Dragon Slayer 50

20x Warriors with shields + Full command 205
14x Ironbreakers + Full command + RoCourage + RoStoicism + RoAncestor 277
8x Miners 88
10x Quarrelers 110

1x Grudge Thrower + Engie + RoAccuracy 120

1x Organ Gun 120
1x Gyrocopter 140

This list seems a lot more effective. Since Malakai is a hero choice, I had to drop him because the anvil takes up 2 slots. I was reluctant to switch the goblin hewer with the organ gun, only because I believe gunpowder should be uncommon in the fantasy world, but as long as its in the rare choice and I only have 1, it should be fine. My BSB will join the ironbreaker unit, since its small, my opponent may be tempted to attack it, but it's a rock solid unit the way it's set up. I am set on keeping the miners because they really bring a sense of dwarfness when i think of them. I'm satisfied with the list right now, but still open to any suggestions anyone may have. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Lord with shield + RoMight + MRoSwiftness + GrudgeR + RoResistance + RoStone + RoBrotherhood 263
BSB Thane with great weapon + MRoGromril 119
Runesmith +3xRoSpellbreaking 145
Dragon Slayer 50

19x Ironbreakers + Full command + RoCourage + RoStoicism 332
10x Miners 110
10x Quarrelers 110

1x Grudge Thrower + Engie + Ro Penetrating + RoAccuracy 145

1x Gyrocopter 140

I have also come up with this list, the lord is meant to arrive with the miners and kill the vampire lord, and his army should then follow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.