Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... I'm defecting from Lizardmen to wood-elfs, need something different and if i paint one more skink... :cry:

So here is my stab at my first Wood-Elf army... fluff to follow.

Lord 264
Highborn
Light Armour
Shield
Elven Steed
Murder of Spites
Daiths Reaper
Helm of the Hunt

Heroes 455
Spellsinger
Level2
2 X dispell scrolls

Branchwraith
Level1
Cluster of Radiants

Noble
Wardancer Kindred
Blades of Loec

Core 845
2 X 10 Glade Guard
2 X 5 Scouts
1 X 10 Scouts + Banner of Zenith
2 X 10 Dryads (Branchwraith in 1 of the 2)

Special 430 including rare cost
7 X WildRiders (Highborn Joins here)
9 X Wardancers (Noble Joins here)

Rare
Great Eagle

Total Points: 1994
Power Pool: 5
Dispel Pool: 5

Well what do you think for a first timer. Is there anything i missed? like does the highborn need to be a wild rider kindred to join the unit?

Thanks for any comments :p

·
Registered
943 Posts
Highland Jinx said:
Hi guys... I'm defecting from Lizardmen to wood-elfs, need something different and if i paint one more skink... :cry:

So here is my stab at my first Wood-Elf army... fluff to follow.

Lord 264
Highborn
Light Armour
Shield
Elven Steed
Murder of Spites
Daiths Reaper
Helm of the Hunt
you realize he can not join the WR uinit, right, get him off the horse, make him a noble, get him a gw hoh, la shield and make him an alter
Heroes 455
Spellsinger
Level2
2 X dispell scrolls
make him a weaver and drop a scroll to afdford tat wand
Branchwraith
Level1
Cluster of Radiants
good needs the annoyance of nettlings to help the dryads live.
Noble
Wardancer Kindred
Blades of Loec
very good, get that teleporting thing though
Core 845
2 X 10 Glade Guard
2 X 5 Scouts
1 X 10 Scouts + Banner of Zenith
2 X 10 Dryads (Branchwraith in 1 of the 2)
why so many scouts, they do not have the gg rule, drop the banner unit to 5 men, take out the other ubnits and replace them with dryads and gg, you cannot et enough
Special 430 including rare cost
7 X WildRiders (Highborn Joins here)]
highborn can't they need a standard bearer
9 X Wardancers (Noble Joins here)
good, musician would be nice
Rare
Great Eagle
good
Total Points: 1994
Power Pool: 5
Dispel Pool: 5

Well what do you think for a first timer. Is there anything i missed? like does the highborn need to be a wild rider kindred to join the unit?

Thanks for any comments :p
List needs a lot of work, scouts are not nearky as good as you think they are, drop them and you have a good list. Good luck

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,

I was trying to get away from having a magic using Lord, Having collected Lizardmen army I had a magic heavy army with a slaan and saurus blocks, with only a couple of skink units, since i enjoyed using the skinks i thought scouting units would be good to use again.

I'll re-write the list, would you recommend i use either Waywatchers if i can as an elite scouting unit?

Thanks again for the reply, i think its always best to get an opinion from others before i spend a heap of cash. I already have a 1000 point army from the small battalion box, lord and branchwraith.

cheers

·
Registered
943 Posts
No problem, also I think skinks are better scouts because they are cheaper and can have poisoned weapons, also I would not reccomend waywatchers unless you could get them into a unit of atleast 8, generally I do not see their worth, good lucl

·
Registered
51 Posts
Lord 264
Highborn
Light Armour
Shield
Elven Steed
Murder of Spites
Daiths Reaper
Helm of the Hunt

you realize he can not join the WR uinit, right, get him off the horse, make him a noble, get him a gw hoh, la shield and make him an alter
Where did you get this info from? I think you got it the other way around. He is fine the way he is. All you gotta do is add the Wild Rider Kindred to him but i think he can't have helm of the hunt due to rules from GW( read it on another post). If you add that he can join em.

Heroes 455
Spellsinger
Level2
2 X dispell scrolls

make him a weaver and drop a scroll to afford that wand
If you do that then the mage has to be on a steed or unicorn. But then he/she can also join the WR unit or any FS unit

Noble
Wardancer Kindred
Blades of Loec

very good, get that teleporting thing though
with the blades, i doubt the noble with have anymore points to buy anything else
7 X WildRiders (Highborn Joins here)]

highborn can't they need a standard bearer
Might wanna consider getting a banner for this unit and a musician. For a few points more you can give the unit fear on the charge and with the lord it might be pretty deadly

And I agree with so scout units theyre a waste of points. Also you cant have 3 units of scouts since you only have 2 units of glade guards. All in all a good list, just missing some cc power. Try dding some tree king or a treeman. Ive heard the tree kin are the best ogres points can buy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Regarding scouts, would you not keep the unit of 5 with the Banner of Zenith to march block one of his flanks? My general strategy was to play a refused flank, march block the furthest flank, shoot the nearest with magic/arrows. Use the driads and riders to engage the comming flank and use the wardancers to cause mayhem in the centre line with help from the eagle...

I think a re-write is in order here hehe, is there any use in having Glade Riders to help the wild riders in harrasing the furthest most flank?

Thanks again, great input folks :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2000 Pt Wood Elves... Take 2

Ok, thanks for sticking with me, here's a revised list.

Lord 248
Wood Elf Highborn
Kindred Wild Rider
Elven Steed
The Dawnspear

Hero 480
Wood Elf Noble
Kindred Wardancer
Blades of Loec

Spellsinger
Level2
2 Dispel Scrolls

Branchwraith
Level1
Cluster of Radiants
Annoyance of Netlings

Core 828
3 X 10 Glade Guard
11 Dryads (Branchwraith Unit)
12 Dryads
8 Glade Riders (accompanies wild riders for flank charges)

Special 437 includes rare cost
9 Wardancers + Musician (includes the noble)
7 Wild Riders of Kurnous + Full Command (Lords unit)

Rare
Great Eagle

1993 points
Power Dice:5
Dispel Dice: 5

I added more Glade Guard to keep in with the refused flank formation, maybe have 1 unit to a far out flank alone as bait for deployment.

Wild Riders and Glade Riders to take on 1 enemy unit at a time with back up from the dryads, the wardancers to casue carnage in the centre with the second unit of dryads.

What do you think now? I have no other special equipment on the Lord, any suggestions?

Thanks again peeps :w00t:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts