Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 point Imperial Guard Army List

Doctrines: Light Infantry, Restricted Troops (Special Weapon Squads), Restricted Troops (Ratling Snipers), Drop Troops and Carapace Armor\

HQ:
Senior officer, standard bearer, sniper rifle,
(Light Infantry)

Fire Support Squad- Autocannon x 3
(Light Infantry)

Special Weapons Squad- sniper rifle x3
(Light Infantry)

Sentinel support Squad- Lascannon x 3
(Drop Troops)

Elite:
Ratling Snipers x 10

Troops:
Infantry Platoon 1-
Cmd. Squad- Junior Officer, Meltagun x 4
(Carapace, Drop Troops)
Squad 1- sniper rifle, plasma rifle
(Light Infantry)
Squad 2- sniper rifle, plasma rifle
(Light Infantry)

Infantry Platoon 2-
(Carapace, Drop Troops)
(Light Infantry)
(Light Infantry)

Fast Attack:
Sentinel Squad- autocannon x3
(Drop Troops)
(Drop Troops)
(Drop Troops)

Heavy Support:
Basilisk with indirect fire

The basic idea is to have an infiltrating sniper force backed up with long rang artillery and droping sentinels and infantry command squads. The infantry command squads would be anti-tank units along with the lascannon sentinels. What do you guys think? Would this work? What would you change? I generally play against either Chaos or Dark Angles.

C&C welcomed and appreciated.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Snipers are not the most comeptitive type of army... I would recommend takeing the snipers out of the line squads, The main goal of a sniper is to pin an enemy and you want at least 3 shots to give this a chance. use the sniper squads to pin a unit and the line squads to do the real damage so heavy weapons in the line squads will help

Correct me if i am wrong... If you plan to deep strike your officer squad then you MUST deep strike the entire platoon with the officer so if the infantry platoon officer 1 deep strikes then ALL of platoon 1 MUST deep strike.

This does NOT INCLUDE the hq platoon... so if the hq senior officer deep strikes the fire support squad does not have to deep strike as well.

infiltrateing can both help and hinder your bassilisk. It will create a line that will probably cut the enemy off at around 36 inches away wich can be very good. but if you are playing against a close combat army your troops will get locked in close combat faster giving your basilisk no target

Sniper armys are great fluff try to come up with some8Y

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Remember, all Guard Infantry units that can take special equipment doctrines must take it. You can't pick and choose which unit(s) get carapace, besides Rough Riders, who have their special exception..
Because of this, with the exception of Rough Riders, you'll have to drop all of your Light Infantry upgrades. (Although I'm not too sure of this; its possible that even just taking either the Carapace or Light Infantry means you can't take the other.)

The HQ squad can't have sniper rifles. Only normal Infantry Platoon squads can have it.
Don't forget that you need to upgrade someone to a Veteran in order to get the standard.
A Heroic Senior Officer would probably be better than the SO, since you get higher Ld.

You'll have to re-work the list, but from what I can see: overall, it's fluffy, although if you're aiming for effectiveness, I would take heavy weapons instead of the sniper rifles in the normal squads. I would also consider something else in place of the special weapon squad. Sniper rifles are nice, but they're not that useful unless its Ratlings.
Swapping one more Sentinel squadron's autocannons for lascannons could also be useful if you face a decent amount of heavy armor. Your current anti-tank is fragile, and at 2000pts, they might get picked apart fairly easily, so this would help compensate.

Correct me if i am wrong... If you plan to deep strike your officer squad then you MUST deep strike the entire platoon with the officer so if the infantry platoon officer 1 deep strikes then ALL of platoon 1 MUST deep strike.

This does NOT INCLUDE the hq platoon... so if the hq senior officer deep strikes the fire support squad does not have to deep strike as well.
I don't think so. I couldn't find anything in the Codex that says you have to. Apart from placing them at the same time and rolling collectively for Reserves, gamewise each squad functions separately.

·
2,399 Posts
2000 point Imperial Guard Army List

Doctrines: Light Infantry, Restricted Troops (Special Weapon Squads), Restricted Troops (Ratling Snipers), Drop Troops and Carapace Armor\

HQ:
Senior officer, standard bearer, sniper rifle,
(Light Infantry)

Fire Support Squad- Autocannon x 3
(Light Infantry)

Special Weapons Squad- sniper rifle x3
(Light Infantry)

Sentinel support Squad- Lascannon x 3
(Drop Troops)

Elite:
Ratling Snipers x 10

Troops:
Infantry Platoon 1-
(Carapace, Drop Troops)
(Light Infantry)
(Light Infantry)

Infantry Platoon 2-
(Carapace, Drop Troops)
(Light Infantry)
(Light Infantry)

Fast Attack:
(Drop Troops)
(Drop Troops)
(Drop Troops)

Heavy Support:

The basic idea is to have an infiltrating sniper force backed up with long rang artillery and droping sentinels and infantry command squads. The infantry command squads would be anti-tank units along with the lascannon sentinels. What do you guys think? Would this work? What would you change? I generally play against either Chaos or Dark Angles.

C&C welcomed and appreciated.
Lt Shaeffer would also work too - and single man snipers at total 26 pnt each instead of the Light infantry Hvy wpn Substitution. I'd change a couple of those Meltas on the cmmnd squad to flamers though, and give improved comms to one of those bassies.
P.S. 3x Dropping sentinals have a enourmous footprint for not being within 1" of a opponent - and if 1 cant deploy none can deploy. you have been warned.
p.p.s Hardened Vets are a excellent Infiltrating choice, with a great BS.
I'd personally drop the carapace aurmour - phew that saved a couple of hundred points, and get dropping S/troopers or Hardened vets etc with the savings. for your save you should be going into cover anyway so cameloine's better. But i wouldn't i'd get more troops.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would suggest getting some bodies.. you have roughly 80 bodies in a 2000pts game.. I dont think that will do.. get rid of some of those Sentinels.. drop 6 Sentinels to get another Infantry Platoon with a couple of ML squads that can take out light vehicles and infantry..

If you want to stick with the current list then it would be fine since its perfect fluff :) hehe.. a total sniper army.. but I would rather have the Sentinels on the ground from turn 1 to fire at the enemy instead of risking to deep striking them..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.