Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, so as my name betrays, I am originally an Eldar player. I've decided to expand my forces to an Iron Hands forces with a buddy of mine. I'm used to specialized units who have a job to do, but the Space Marines seem to be more generalistic. I've an idea of tactics behind this force, and so I' run it by you after I post the list.

HQ

Chapter Master - 215
- Artificer Armour
- Thunder Hammer
- Bike
- Storm Shield

Master of the Forge - 130
- Bike
- Conversion Beamer

TechMarine - 95
- Bike
- ServoHarness

Troops

10 Tactical Marines - 215
- Flamer
- Missile Launcher
- Sgt. - Combi-Weapon
- Teleport Homer
- Rhino

10 Tactical Marines - 215
- Same as above but with a Drop Pod

4 Bikes/1 Attack Bike - 169
- Gravgun x2
- Attack Bike - MultiMelta
- Sgt. CombiWeapon

4 Bikes/1 Attack Bike - 174
- Flamer x2
- Veteran Sgt.
- CombiWeapon and Powerfist

Elites

5 Terminators - 225
- Assault Cannon
- 1 Chainfist

Heavy Support

Thunderfire Cannon - 100

Ironclad Dreadnought - 170
- Drop Pod

Ironclad Dreadnought - 170
- Drop Pod

Predator - 120
- Las Cannon Sponsons
- Storm Bolter

Total: 1998

So guys, the general idea here is to drop pod assault the 2 ironclads, and run the bikes up the board to assist them. The thunderfire cannon and predator will help take out forces along with the master of the forge. The techmarine and MoF can also repair any tanks/dreadnoughts that lose Hull Points. One tactical squad will drop pod on to mid field if there's an objective and call down the terminators for back up. The Rhino Tactical marines will leave half of their squad at the first objective and then move up with the rest of the army. In the event of infiltrating enemies, the Terminators can also be used to protect my objective. In the event of annihilation matches, the strategy remains practically the same. Any thoughts guys?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
It looks like a fluffy IH list. The main tweak that I would suggest is to run the Attack bikes as an AB squadron. This frees up the bike squads to shoot at infantry and lets the MM ABs hunt vehicles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a question then, rules wise. Can the Attack Bikes still be counted as a troop choice? Or must they be included with an actual Bike squad to be troops? That was the main reason I left them with the Bikes, since they are now scoring units. Also, is there anything that would make the list more effective?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Lose the Power Fist on the one Biker squad, and the Storm Bolter is unneeded on the Predator. Then finally lose the Servoharness on the regular Techmarine and give that Chapter Master the Shield he deserves: The Shield Eternal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had considered the shield eternal. It's probably better than a +1 to repair rolls and a storm bolter. Question: is the conversion Beamer worth it? Or should I just give him a power axe and throw him with the bikes?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I have a question then, rules wise. Can the Attack Bikes still be counted as a troop choice? Or must they be included with an actual Bike squad to be troops? That was the main reason I left them with the Bikes, since they are now scoring units. Also, is there anything that would make the list more effective?
The Attack Bikes would become fast attack, as they are no longer part of the Bike Squad.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So do you think I should run one squad of 8 bikes and a squad of 2 attack bikes? I don't like losing the troop unit, but it does allow the attack bikes to tank hunt. I may just leave their heavy bolters on, and keep them with the bike units to allow them to hit a little harder against whatever infantry they encounter.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
So do you think I should run one squad of 8 bikes and a squad of 2 attack bikes? I don't like losing the troop unit, but it does allow the attack bikes to tank hunt. I may just leave their heavy bolters on, and keep them with the bike units to allow them to hit a little harder against whatever infantry they encounter.
I would. Mixing anti-armor and anti-infantry in the same squad usually means not getting as much mileage out of both roles as you can with specialty units. In my experience, AB squads are superlative tank hunters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts