10x Necron warriors
10x Necron warriors
10x Necron warriors

Fast attack:
5x Necron destroyers

Heavy support:
2x Necron monolith

Total = 2,000 even

The total is exactly 2,000, I just didn't want to post the points costs because it wouldn't be hard to figure out the points for each model with Necrons.

Any advice or anything would be cool, by the way I haven't bought anything yet and am starting my army soon, trying to figure out what to buy.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Not sure about spending the points on 2 Lords just for Orb coverage. Even though i dont like using it personally, possibly look at giving one of them the VoD, and the other a Destroyer body maybe.
Or drop one and a Warrior unit in order to be able to afford some more Destroyers. Should almost be able to get 3 units of 4, drop an Immortal or two to finish up the points.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
When you're just starting out with an army I'd suggest try fr a 1000pt list first try out a couple of the different unit types before buying a huge army. Lets you find out what you like and what you don't

As far as planning for a basic necron army though you have most of the important parts together. Though depending on what army you're facing a Veil of Darkness lord and some scarabs couldn't hurt. (the only way to make 10 immortals meaner is to teleport them wherever you want). I'd say drop a monolith, add another squad of destroyers (so you have 2 squads of 4) and you'd have room for 7 odd scarabs to fit in, or just nix the scarabs entirely for a VoD.

Check out the battleforce. Two of those would get ya all yer warriors/destroyers pretty quick, just things to look into. (and immortals WILL be expensive but they're very much worth it)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Revised list

HQ:
Necron lord w/ Resurrection Orb, and Phylactery
Necron lord w/ Veil of Darkness

Elite:
10x Necron immortals

Troop:
10x Necron warriors
10x Necron warriors
10x Necron warriors
10x Necron warriors

Fast attack:
3x Necron destroyers
3x Necron destroyers
3x Necron destroyers

Heavy support:
Necron monolith

Total = 2,000 even

I like this one a lot more! thanks for the help. But do you guys think 1 monolith is enough?

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Well strictly speaking you never even need ONE monolith. They are apparently nice to have but however many you field is purely your preference. In some instances a single monolith will absolutely dominate your opponent, in others it will just go down in a blaze of attacks and be worthless. So having two is a fine idea but in a 2000pt game that's 1/4th of your total points. Monoliths are a very nice thing to have but as a Necron player who's never used one I can say they aren't necessary. Though again it's yer choice.

Also I'd suggest dropping the phylactery, replace it with a Gaze of Flame. Against a CC army the gaze will save you a few casualties.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.