Genestealers 7
Genestealers 8
Genestealers 8
all with scything talons / extended carapace

(Heavy)
Carnifex
Carnifex
Carnifex
BOth Adrenal Glands, Bonded Exoskeleton, Extended carapace, Reinforced Chitin, X2 Scything TALONS

(Elites)
3 Lictors (Figured b Good for Rerolls so i can get my army into play sooner in certain scenarios / attack long range enemies ie. keep them from wipen out my guys)
Carnifex
Carnifex
Enhanced Senses, Twin linked Devourer (X2)

HQ
Hive Tyrant
Acid Maw, Both Adrenal Glands, Implant attack, Toxic Miasma, Toxin Sacs, Winged, 2 scything talons, Warp Field
(Idea behind this guy is to take out HQ's, take out fire support n back, and provide speedy response so the Genestealers, Lictores, and Hive Tyrant can enter Combat fast and efectively, With Implant attack its harrd to keep him tied up aswell)

Hive Tyrant
Bioplasma, Enhanced senses
3 Tyrant guard

(This one is going to lay back and fire with the Elite Carnifex... Good safe spot for scenarios where i must keep an HQ Safe)

Should Come out to 2k flat, Feel Free to tear my list apart...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Here's my thoughts...

1) Genestealers look nice.

2) Heavy 'fex's are very bad. CC Carnifex's NEVER make their points back, let alone three of them. Try TL-Barbed Stranglers or a Barbed Strangler/Venom Cannon combo.

3) You don't have anything other than the Lictors that Deep Strike. Putting that many points into a unit that only helps itself or on the rare occasion (with certain scenarios) other units seems a huge waste. Drop them and stick in another Dakka-fex. He's much more effective and less of a "one-shot" unit.

4) Hive Tyrant #1 is WAAAAY too expensive. Remember; he's a Monstrous Creature, can always be shot at, and has a miserable Invulnerable save. He will die super fast, they always do. Drop him down to less than 180 points and you should be ok.

5) What weapons do you have on your second Tyrant? You didn't list them but said he was going to lay back and fire with the elite Carnifex's. This Tyrant might work well as a Dakka-Tyrant but Venom Cannon would work too.

Reactions: Kalypso
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.