Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ: 200
Wolfguard battle leader, Thunderwolf Mount, Saga of the Warior born, Frost Blade, Wolf Tooth necklace, Runic Armor - 200

Elite: 280
Dreadnaught, Multi-Melta, Dreadnaught Close combat weapon, Drop Pod - 140

Troop: 670
10x Grey Hunters, Power Fist, 2x Melta, Mark of the Wulfen, Drop Pod - 230
10x Blood Claws, Power Fist, Flamer, Drop Pod - 210

FAST: 636
4x Thunderwolves, Power Fist, Meltabomb - 230
7x Skyclaws, Power Fist, Mark of the Wulfen, Melta gun - 176

1996 pts.
Models: 51

I really dont think there are many holes in the list, I was thinking of moving the claws into Rhino's instead but hopefully it has a good mix and should do well. Only think i'm only really worried about are the lists all SM's worry about Nid's and Orc's. Additionally I could drop The sky claws for a big pack of Landspeeders to help rectify the situation.

Thanks in advance, David.

·
Cheeeese
559 Posts
HQ: 200
Wolfguard battle leader, Thunderwolf Mount, Saga of the Warior born, Frost Blade, Wolf Tooth necklace, Runic Armor - 200
This HQ, who has become a little expensive, really need a inv.sav. I would prefere the WL with FB, mount and belt of russ, melta bombs for the same points. Canis is also a "cheap" option. (of course he lacks the inv.save and has poor Ld).

Elite: 280
Fine

Troop: 670
I prefere either 10 GH with 2 special weapons, mark of wulfen and the Wolf standard. I seldom take the Pf. Seems to costy for one A. If i want the PF-punch i prefere adding a WG with PF and combimelta.

CC-troops in a pod is IMO a generally poor choice. And in the new codex i see GH as a much better choice than BC. The only way to do BC is in a LR with a Wolf Priest. Great, but a expencive choice. If you want podding troops - GH is the way to go.

FAST: 636
Great units

7x Skyclaws, Power Fist, Mark of the Wulfen, Melta gun - 176
In my opinion not a powerfull unit in the codex. I would have ditched them fore something else.

Generally in a 2000-list i would have prefered to put in some more long range fire power. You have none long range fire-power, and a lot of your choices are rather slow moving when you have landed.

I would say move out something to get you some Long fangs and land speeders.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
lack of fire support and if you don't get first turn and don't reserve your TWC. i don't think that they would survive very long. Also i would takefive scoring units, but that's just my play style. hve you thought of any objective sitting squad? because none of your GH and BC squads are suited to the role. Also with a pod army you are making your list geared too much for one area, because you will struggle against other deepstriking armies, especially logan wings/deathwings/ daemons. Also arimes that reserve their entire force against you will make the game very hard to predict and none of your pre-game tactics will work.
I would suggest you grab rhinos and have one pod. Also i noticed for a pod force, you have no DWL launchers at all. it makes them more of a threat and helps your anti-horde swo your other squads can concentrate on the bigger threats.
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HQ:
Wolf Lord - 190
-Belt of Russ, Frost Blade, Wolf Tooth neclice, Thunder wolf calvery.

Rune Priest - 130
- Terminator Armor, Wolf toothneclice, Jaws of the Wolf world, Living Lightning

Elite:

4 Wolf guard terminators
- 2 w/ frost blade
- Storm sheild + thunder hammer
- Storm sheild + Frost Blade
+ 3 Wolf guard (included in squads)

Lone Wolf - 80
- Power Fist, Storm Shield

Lone Wolf - 80
- Power Fist, Storm Shield

Troops:
9 man grey hunter pack - 205 ( 248 )
- Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Rhino
-Wolf Guard, w/ Powerfist- 43

- Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Rhino

- Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Drop pod

Fast Attack:
- 3x Thunderwolf Calvery - 180
- Powerfist, Meltabomb

Landspeeder - 70
- Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer

Landspeeder - 70
- Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support:
Vindicator - 115

Vindicator - 115

1994pts

I dont know why i havent seen deepstriking lone wolves in conjuction with wolf guard. I know they dont form a unit but who cares its like a 1-2-3 punch that should be able to take out any unit in the game. A little pricey but not overwhelmingly so. With the RUne priest it gives an additional shooting kick. I droped down to one unit of calvery, with the rhinos and termies there should be ample distraction. the vindicators are there for mop up and mid range support. The drop podding grey hunters can plop down where needed and should be a pretty good unit to take and hold objectives with. THe land speeders should be lowly enough to not be too much of a target can maybe get lost in the crossfire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.