HEAVY SUPPORT:
Tank 177 “Might of the Emperor”
Leman Russ w/All Heavy Bolters, Smoke

Tank 265 “Benevolence Through Fire”
Leman Russ w/All Heavy Bolters, Smoke

Demolisher 199 “Goodnight Irene”
Leman Russ Dmolisher w/All Heavy Bolters, Smoke
HEAVY SUPPORT TOTAL: 484

I'm throwing around this list as kind of a counterpart to my standard gunline guard list due to fluff and such. Plus it'd be cool to play a mech list and a gunline list together under Apocalypse. Doctrines are Armageddon standard, except obviously I'm not taking ratlings or conscripts. In any case, I've tried to remain fairly true to Armageddon fluff here.

I didn't take any heavy weapons on my squads simply because I'd rather stay mobile and use the Chimeras as my heavy weapons support. I didn't take Basilisks because of the same reason. I want my tanks to be able to move around with my infantry.

I am a little concerned about a lack of long range anti-armor. This might just be because I've never depended on meltas in an IG army for my anti-armor work. Some solutions I thought of were to get rid of the second platoon of infantry, make it into an Armored Fist squad, and add some Lascannon equipped sentinels. Or maybe I should just cowboy the heck up and deal with using meltas.

Anyway. Comments appreciated and repped.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hey Chief!

To be honest, I like it. Only a few comments really :)

I usually pay for the HQ Senior, and give the Honorifica to a Troop, only because they are the two models worthy of holding a power weapon, may as well give them a stat buff! I rely on them to at least give some form of wound-causing reliability when counter attacking.:D

I'd try changing a small Deepstriking unit with Plasma, and the saved points to invest in a Hellhound (and possibly pay for the HQ promotion). This keeps the armour, and a few shooting dice, and also has the DS benefit- I like to do dangerously silly things with Deep Striking Plasma, and usually risk auto scatter death every game:p

Another comment, largely irrelevant because you lack the bodies and have gone for Mech- seeing as you as trying to stay mobile (and not using Troop Heavy Weapons), Die Hards. DH makes you dead weight in HTH, phenomonally frustrating when fearless marines or the CC unit gets into HTH, only to find they are bogged down for the next two turns trying to slaughter Guardsmen:p Even a single odd unit you plan on isolating to capture or kill something with, it just means they aren't reliant on the Leadership Bubble if you unfortunately get into HTH. it's a gamble, but cheap enough to be justified:) just a thought.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually pay for the HQ Senior, and give the Honorifica to a Troop, only because they are the two models worthy of holding a power weapon, may as well give them a stat buff! I rely on them to at least give some form of wound-causing reliability when counter attacking.
I thought about this, and it's one more thing that I was a little concerned with. Another benefit of taking that would be that I could drop the vox net on a squad or two and just use a second bubble.

I'd try changing a small Deepstriking unit with Plasma, and the saved points to invest in a Hellhound
I love Hellhounds. It made me sad when I didn't have the points to take one. I figure though with all the multi-laser and heavy bolter shots, I hopefully won't need as much infantry clearing power. Though I guess that a Hellhound at the very least is a fire magnet, and it would divert fire from the other tanks and transports in my army. Ah though it would border on cheesy, it would be freakin awesome to field an entire Fast Attack option of Hellhounds.

The only reason I didn't take Die-Hards or Iron Discipline is because it's not part of the Steel Legion's doctrine list. I suppose I could spin this a little simply by making it a mechanized unit similar to the Steel Legion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.