Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. as stated, 2000 pts. wanted to do a swarmish thing that was still functional. just read a book that made nids seem super ba. had to try to make a list

broodlord 220
flesh hooks
7 genestealers
hooks
carapace

hive tyrant 141
2 twin linked devourers
enhanced sences
winged

guant brood 120
20 guants
fleshborers

guant brood 120
20 guants
fleshborers

genestealer brood 210
10 stealers
hooks
carapace

genestealer brood 210
10 stealers
hooks
carapace

ripper swarm 140
10 bases
leaping

hormaguant brood 190
19 guants

ravenger brood 80
2 ravengers
talons
claws

ravenger brood 80
2 ravengers
talons
claws

ravenger brood 80
2 ravengers
talons
claws

zoanthropes - 110
2 thropes
scream

carnifex - 148
strangler
venom cannon
senses

carnifex - 148
strangler
venom cannon
senses

plan is to build a wall, of course

then to have my rippers in front, then the guants, (hormas in back to keep them protected at first then shoot through) each side of advance has a big bug, as well as center, ravengers keep up sides and can serve as fast shock units as needed. the zoanes are there for synapse.

how does it look?

·
Registered
116 Posts
First of all, the wall is not that good of an idea. It sounds cool at first, but think about it. Why are most of the tyranids so good? Because they move really fast! You dont want some wall in front of you slowing you down!

I recommend giving both carnifexes some defensive upgrades (+1W, +1T, or +1Sv), there worth it.

Give the tyrant and the broodord plus one strength. Give the tyrant +1Sv too.

You also have almost no synapse. You have 2!!! I'd give a thrope synapse and drop some things *cough cough* rippers* for more warriors. You should probably change the hormies to termagaunts/spinegaunts. 1 sqad of hormies cant do much damage, and it is big target to shoot at.

I personally dont like running only 2 sqads of stealers, drop the hormies and rippers, split the two sqads of 10 into 2 sqads of 7 and one sqad of 3. Change the termies to spinegaunts and split the sqads up to make 3 medium sqads. (If you add any, dont make any sqad more than 15).

I've never ran that many raveners, so i wouldn't know how well it would do, seems pretty good though. Don't deep strike them. It would leave them in the open for an entire turn to be shot apart pretty easily. There's also a chance of them just going splat on a rock.

Did i mention you need synapse. The only 2 synapse creatures you have are gonna run up ahead and probably die really fast. They would be prime targets, being your only synapse and pretty mean monsters. You may have to drop some or all of the ravaners for some warrios. A sqad of dakkawarriors (devowarriors) costs 113. Pretty cheap for a good sqad with synapse.

If you dont want any more synapse, theres another alternative, replace all of your gaunts with genestealers (or rippers but i dont like them, its ur choice though). They do not need synapse. It would cancel out the swarm idea and make ur army a pretty mean CC army.

Hope my comments helped. Good luck!8Y

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is this better?

guant brood 75
15 spine guants

guant brood 75
15 spine guants

guant brood 75
15 spine guants

genestealer brood - 168
8 stealers
carapace
hooks

genestealer brood - 168
8 stealers
carapace
hooks

genestealer brood - 168
8 stealers
carapace
hooks

zoanthropes -110
2 thropes
psycic scream, synapse (they actually had synapse before, just didnt put it down, lol)

carnifex - 158
carapace
senses
twin linked strangler

carnifex - 173
venom cannon
strangler
senses
carapace

ravenger brood - 114
3 ravengers
2 scything talons

broodlord - 230
hooks
toxin sacs
7 stealers
hooks
carapace

tyrant - 176
senses
winged
2 twin linked devourers
warp feild

·
Registered
116 Posts
Split the raveners up into 3 broods of 1. Give them rending claws instead of an additional attack. 4 rending attacks is pretty mean. and it takes up some choices.

Give the tyrant +1S, S5 is a big difference to S4 (good anti-troop to awesome anti-troop/elites/IC). I love the tyrant because of how effective it is against big things with only mediocre saves (greater demons, even c-tan). I've killed a greater demon with one round of shooting from only the tyrant.

Not sure about Tling the Strangler on the fex. Cost alot to just Tl a gun. And you only get one shot. Its definitely not worth it. Change out the carapace for Chitin, all of the tank killers are gonna be aimed at ur fexes, most of them having ap2 or 1. The additional wound is very helpful.

You need to play the brood lord right for it to work well, take full advantage of cover.

Your still short on synapse, you really need some warriors. A brood of dakkawarriors cost 114 points. I'd do something to stick at least one of them in there. You actually probably should drop the psychic scream on the thropes and drop 2 stealers from each sqad. That should give you more than enough points for some warriors.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont know whats wrong with me lately, i just redid the points i put down, i only have 1690... im out of it..

what should i do with 310 points?

·
663 Posts
Synaps creatures. You can never have enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts