venom cannon, barbed strangler, spine banks, AG(I), Bonded exo, Es, Ec,
Reinforced, regeneration
249 pts shooty Fex
venom cannon, barbed strangler, spine banks, AG(I), Bonded exo, Es, Ec,
Reinforced, regeneration
165 pts 3 biovores
bioacid

Total: 1999
I plan to hide the stealers and ravs behind the monsterous creature wall and then after 2 turns of moving forward and shooting jump around and swwep up whats left over.. What do you think?

·
Registered
116 Posts
So is this pretty much a nidzilla army?
Drop the regeneration on the fexes.
Drop the adrenal glands on the fexes, you dont want them in close combat at all.
I'd somehow fill your third fast attack slot.
If im correct, if your tyrants are shot at with a bunch of ap3 shots, the wounds could go to your HT because it takes the lowest save. Though its probably not likely.
If it were me, I'd drop the guard and give a tyrant wings. You might not have any available though, and its your choice.
The wall idea is good, and you have alot of survival ups, but the nid's smaller creatures are designed to get to the opponent as fast as possible with fleet and beast. You would also probably only have 2 monstrous creatures close enough, since you want the others to be farther away for their big guns.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
in regards to that ap3 concern, i think the way the rules work are as follows: majority save and majority toughness. since i have equivilent toughness and no majority save (1 tyrant, 1 guard) i can decided which enemy unit's shots go into who. Example: a unit of thousand sons shooting at me.. i'll take on the tyrant; 3 twin linked lascannons from a tank i'll take on the guard which (if he dies) will spill over to the tyrant.

I dropped the biovores and added 3 zoans with warp blast... a much better idea i think.
I also dropped the stealer broods down to 6 and added a lictor for fear and one hit wonderness

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is this pretty much a nidzilla army?
Drop the regeneration on the fexes.
Drop the adrenal glands on the fexes, you dont want them in close combat at all.
I'd somehow fill your third fast attack slot.
If im correct, if your tyrants are shot at with a bunch of ap3 shots, the wounds could go to your HT because it takes the lowest save. Though its probably not likely.
If it were me, I'd drop the guard and give a tyrant wings. You might not have any available though, and its your choice.
The wall idea is good, and you have alot of survival ups, but the nid's smaller creatures are designed to get to the opponent as fast as possible with fleet and beast. You would also probably only have 2 monstrous creatures close enough, since you want the others to be farther away for their big guns.
oh and the reason for the adrenal glands on the carnis are so they swing before fists... of course i wouldn't charge him in unless i had to strategically.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.