Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much thanks to Ironangel for the list since then I've made a few changes here and there.

DP w/ MoT + Doombolt + warp time+wings
185 pts
Very Survivable very deadly

Troops:

9x 1k sons, doombolt + rhino
289 pts

9x 1k sons, doombolt + rhino
289 pts

9x 1k sons, BoC + rhino
304 pts
Roll up into rapid fire range or get to and hold an objective

Fast attack:

9x raptors, IoK, 2x meltas, champ w/ fist
280 pts

9x raptors, IoK, 2x meltas, champ w/ fist
280 pts
Extremely Deadly counter charge and anti tank can run around with prince or run off on their own

Heavy support:

Obliterators x2
150 pts
Deep Strike in to either pop side/back armour or burn down key groups of hordes with twin linked flamers mainly something to keep them busy while the rest of my army gets into position

Pred w/ AC + LC Sponsons
130 pts

Pred w/ AC + HB Sponsons + Havoc Launcher
115 pts

Total:
2002 pts
48 bodies
5 pieces of armor

Fluff to follow my break at work is over though x.x

·
4,967 Posts
This looks a powerful list. You aren't wasting any points on anything and the units compliment each other well.

Personally I think you are a little light on combat power due to all the 1k sons. Perhapse a unit of 7 terminators with 2 combi melta, 5 combi plasma and a few chain fists could replace one of the troop choices. Give it an icon of tzeentch and equip the other thousans sons in rhinos with icons for teleporting.

These terminators would have similar firepower to the 1k sons unit (at least for one turn with all the combi weapons). They are more suvivable with batter armour and still retain the 4+ invulnerable save. Most importantly 2 chain fists and 5 power weapons mean they are fantastic in combat.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would even go so far as to add to madcat's suggestions and in place of a 1k sons 304 pt squad and the 115 pt pred add in two of these squads:

5x Termis, 4 Combiplasmas, Chainfist, Icon of Tzeentch - 220 pts each

Then put personal icons on your remaining troops choices. Now you have 3 deep striking units that can pound the enemy wherever you need. Plus, as mentioned, they have increased survivability. To get down to points I would drop your raptors a man on each squad.

This would be more Tzeentchy as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think that you could probably stay with the Prince, 2 troop selections of 8 men (total w/ sorcerer) in rhinos, a unit of Termis, 8 man Raptor, 2 Oblits and a Pred. That should be pretty close I think. *Does math in head . . . 185 + 600 + 200 + 240 + 150 + 130 = 1505 give or take a few points in there :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.