Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ:
Archite w/ punisher, combat drugs, plasma grenades, shadow field, tormentor helm, animus vitae, and terrorfex = 177
Drachite w/ agoniser, splinter pistol, combat drugs, plasma grenades, and nightmare doll = 113

Elite:
10x warriors w/ 2 dark lances = 100

5x warp beasts w/ beastmaster = 75

Troop:
9x wyches w/ wych weapons, plasma grenades, raider transport, and succubus w/ agoniser, and splinter pistol = 210

9x wyches w/ wych weapons, plasma grenades, raider transport, and succubus w/ agoniser, and splinter pistol = 210

Heavy support:
Ravager w/ 3x dark lances = 105
Ravager w/ 3x disintegrators = 120

Total = 2,000
Model count = 86
Tank count = 7

Any thoughts, advice, tactics, constructive criticism, or anything else rally is much appreciated.

·
Registered
225 Posts
HQ:
Archite w/ punisher, combat drugs, plasma grenades, shadow field, tormentor helm, animus vitae, and terrorfex = 177
Drachite w/ agoniser, splinter pistol, combat drugs, plasma grenades, and nightmare doll = 113
Looks good in general but a few quick points:

Depending on whether you consider weapons as wargear or not, your archite is over the 100pt limit. I suggest getting a consensus with the group you play with (or tournament coordinator if for a tournament) on the issue. Otherwise the archite is good and basically what I would field :)

The dracite is good too but I am leery of the nightmare doll. Most of the time i've found that getting a reroll on choosing sides rarely decides the game so long as your built the terrain properly (or the tournament coordinator did, they try for balance usually) so the risk of making the unit go from no points to your opponent to 56 points to your opponent is kind of a nasty risk.

Elite:

Looks good although just be careful with the warp beasts since they are squishy :)

Troop:

Looks good to me. Might want to consider fitting Trophy racks on at least half of the raiders. Wyches are generally far more tough fast then lethal in assault. As such you are more likely to force an opponent to break rather then kill them out right (or at least it will be faster). The -1 to leadership from the trophy racks will help that.

Heavy support:
Ravager w/ 3x dark lances = 105
The second two ravagers look good but the first one is kinda... meh. You can only fire more then one dark lance if you don't move and if you don't move you are going to lose the Ravager. If you can't scrap points from elsewhere I suggest taking a Dissy from each of the two other ravagers and giving them both to the first (so that all three are 1x DL and 2x Dissy). You'll still be able to fire them all and have a bit better anti-tank capability.

In general, the only thing I worry about is hiding all those raiders at the start of the game. If you are unlucky or mess up on placing terrain you are likely to lose half the raiders/ravagers in the first turn from heavy weapons fire. This doesn't mean you should change your list, just that you should keep that in mind.

Second, your Archite and Dracite have no transportation. All the raiders are full up on wyches so your two wych lords have to hoof it to the enemy. I suggest taking a single wyche from two of the wych squads to accommodate the wyche lords. With the list as it is now, giving them a skyboard or jetbike is just asking for them to get killed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thanks for the advice!
I put 9 wyches in the raiders, the succubus upgrade was made to one of the 9, so I made room in the raiders for my lords.
I didn't think about the ravager with 3x dark lances issue, thanks for reminding me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.