Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
lord Doombull pelt of the shadowgrave Gnarled hide Ramhorn helm great weapon shield talisman of protection 350

hero Bray-Shamman level 2 chalice of dark rain 160

hero Bray-Shamman level 2 dispel scroll 160

core Tuskgor chariot 80

core Tuskgor chariot 80

core Tuskgor chariot 80

core 20 gors extra hand weapon full command 185

core 17 gors standard bearer 146

core 10 ungors spears 75

core 10 ungors spears 75

core 5 warhounds 30

core 5 warhounds 30

Special 6 harpies scouts 84

Special 3 minotaurs greatweapons full command 239

rare Ghorgon or chygor (open to suggestions as im going to convert my shaggoth in to one or the other) 275

total 1999

tactics

ok so my plan here is to hit hard with the minos and the doombull they shouldn suffer too much from shooting as in turn one i'll use the chalice of dark rain and they always have a -1 to hit because of the doombulls magic ithem, the warhounds will be flanking units, the harpies will do what they do best eat cannon crew, im thinking i'll take the lore of beasts with the shammans. im not sure if i'll ambush with more then one unit.

also am i missing out in not using raiders?

and which do you think would suit this list better a ghorgon or a chygor?

so this is my attempt to get a handle on the new book, my tactics have been changed alot as i uded to take units of orgres wit doombull and minos ect.... also i dont like the new ambush rule so i'll prob throw a unit of ungors in ambush just because whether they actually do something or not wont be the end all and be all of my plan
anyway let me know what you think

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you want more anti-magic and/or something with built in stonethrower capabilities then go with the Cygor. Otherwise go with the Ghorgon. Depends on what you want the big scary monster to be doing. Either that or more foot soldiers (then again, that's just me).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Go with the ghorgon, you need more heavy hitters than just 1 squad of minos. Plus its stubborn really helps hold flanks better the warhounds. i have found the Cygor to be useless, most of the time wizards pass their LD. Plus as we all know, a stone thrower makes 1 MAYBE 2 if you are dumb ass lucky shots a game. This isnt worth 275 pts. Either Ghorgon for a strong hard hitting support or Jabber for aura harass and terror. Not to mention flight can really hurt enemies.

Take out the Ungors they really are not going to do anything. The only reason i field them is to get Ungrol to ambush, he seems to do ok, nothing special though. Use the points to add a Wargor in a Squad for support, or another Bray for anti magic.

If you dont want another hero, take out Ungors and maybe chariot for another Mino Squad or some Pumbagors for some extra strength.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
My units of 10 spear ungors have been very effective. I'd keep them. Also, if you're good at guess ranging, the cygor hits more than once a game. Specially since he can move and shoot and his ranges should be pretty short to start. But I'm comparing him to other over priced monsters. In any other army he'd be a joke.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm thanks for all the feed back, i have since play tested this against two armies one a dwarf shooty army(is there any other kind) and a high elf magic/ dragon army, i took the ghorgon but to be honest he had no effect in ether game, first game bolt throwers got him and second game a dragon decided to eat him, to be honest im not so sure i want to spend 275 pts on him,

i dunno im thinking i might take him out for a second unit of minos, i dunno 12 wounds(4 minos) instead of 6 is kinda swaying me

as to the ungors they actually did quite well on the ambush, their not a massive amount of points so im inclined to leave them in,

the one thing that worked well in this list was the doombull and his minos on the first turn i used the magic item that makes it -1 to hit and 4+ for stonethrowers ect to hit, this worked a treat and on top of that the doombull had the other item that makes it -1 to hit and gives magic resistance 2, so i got a solid doombull unit into combat pretty much untouched.

i dunno my list did seem to be lacking somewhere though, if anyone has any ideas where let me know!

again thanks for all the feed back
rebel.

·
764 Posts
You have 2 special slots left to use. That surprises me because our specials are, IMO, our best slots. I would drop some of the tuskgor chariots/gor blocks to get some Razorgor and/or Razorgor chariots. I have found the Jabberslythe to be the best of the overpriced Rares thusfar. A flying, Terror-causing, rank-breaker is very nice to have. If his Aura and shooting attack do anything I consider it a bonus.

i dunno my list did seem to be lacking somewhere though, if anyone has any ideas where let me know!
I would say it is because you really only have the Minotaurs as a frontal damage causing unit. Razorgor chariots work fairly well in that role as would the Ghorgon if you can keep him alive. Another unit of Minos is also a possibility.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the list is decent. I would take the cygor. I think the unit of 17gors isn't worth it nor are the ungors unless you merge them into one unit of 20. Warhounds will probably just give the oppponent combat res. Taking that many chariots means you really have to watch for cannons and stone throwers. If the chariots, minos, and doombull make with the gors you should do well, but watch out for shooty and magic armies because they can make your units take lots of psychology checks and you dont have very good leadership. The harpies will be good for killing war mmachines that would kil your chariots. The harpies can also deal with frenzied death stars like blood knights.

·
Registered
558 Posts
ok has anybody else noticed that the doombull has 2 pieces of maic armor? or that he has a shield and great weapon??
he doesnt need the great weapon, unless you drop the shield and obv ramhorn helm and put some points into ungor raiders (get 10 and ambush 5) also mino's would prob do better with AHW for those tasty 16 attacks each on the charge with doombull in unit, oh plus your impact hits, on that note ghorgon is better than cygor 9 times out of 10

oh and one thing im confused about... how are 10 ungors with spears 75 pts? im sure theyre 5 each unless spears dont come standard and are 2.5pts each im sure those squads are 50pts?

oh and definatly find 20pts for the hagtree fetish on your second shaman, rerolling wounds is ALWAYS worth 20pts, i ran a 4 shaman list out of boredom, and one of mine took beasts and rolled hunters spear... i was playing chaos warriors at the time and my face lit up :)

then again the lore of the wild is good, and viletide is such a good spell with the fetish, i was killing 2-3 chaos wrriors a turn with it, and best turn ever killed 11 high elf spearmen with 1 casting (tho i did roll 26 hits and 15 wounds!! good times)
its so underestimated coz of str1 you should def consider it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts