Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first almost all cav. list, and im planning on taking it to a tournament in about 3 weeks.
therefore I will have some time to playtest and adjust it.
so far I've played 2 games against a friends chaos army, and it did wonder - The basic tactic is to take out his fast cav. unit and start cirkling around the the infantry blocks, slowly picking his guys away with shooting, and the mass charges with several units.

Characters.
Spellweaver, lvl4, glamourweve kindred, steed, wand of wych elm.

Spellsinger, steed, dispell scroll, calaingors stave.

Noble, alter kindred, hail of doom arrow, helm of the hunt, light armour, shield, great weapon.

Core.
5 glade riders, musician.
5 glade riders, musician, standard bearer w. banner of zenith
16 glade guard, full comamnd, banner of springtide.

Special.
6 wild riders, standard bearer.

Rare.
Great eagle.
8 waywatchers.

Total: 1998pts.

So what do you think of it? the tournament im going to can be quite competetive, so would thhis be something you guys would be confident in bringing?
So far I love it, but dont know if it would hold up against the tournament scene...

·
Registered
22 Posts
looks good :)
Myself i would have a unit of warhawk riders instead of one unit of glade riders, but really depends what you like :)
As for if its a good tournament list you will have to ask someone else, altough i´m pretty sure a shooty list would be a bit tricky.
You using beast lore on the lord?
good luck and a happy new year (soon)!

giri

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah actually I was planing on using beast lore with the spellweaver.
As for using hawk riders instead of a unit of glade riders idont know, it would meen less shots but better speed, so yeah maybe its not a bad idea...

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm not certain if taking lvl 4 and lvl 2 casters is going to serve you well. Spell Singing needs to hit a certain critical mass, and you're only going to be throwing 4 dice total at it. I'd drop the lvl 2 and just take more scrolls, or a alternatively a staff of sorcery.

Armies which don't have to catch you to hurt you can be a problem for your list. Heavy magic is obviously a threat. You'll be able to outrange most stuffs though. I have to say, I'm intrigued, I've never played a list like that myself.

I'd also be worried about having a hard time hurting high toughness enemies. But, you do have a large unit of glade guard. I might consider dropping the standard and just take two units of ten, instead of one of sixteen. That way you'll be more manueverable, which you may have to be get line of sight. Also, a single phase of magic or shooting gone against you can't make the entire unit dissapear.

If you play careful, you should not need to use the standard of spring tide, and as they start to run down one unit of glade guard you can flee or stand and shoot without needing to worry about losing an expensive unit.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. you do have some very valid points. just they other night i played a dark elf player with 2 hydras and a dragon - he slaughtered me, though I think I could haev won if I had made fewer mistakes.
The lvl 2 spellsinger that you talking about is only a level 1, but so far magic heavy lists has not been a big problem so far.
I dont think I will be cutting down on the glade guard since the pupose is to be the only fixed part of my army for my opponent to move against. when they get charged (because the will most likely) they stand and shoot. next round i make flank and rear charges with the glade rider.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The lvl 2 spellsinger that you talking about is only a level 1, but so far magic heavy lists has not been a big problem so far.
Well don't I look smart. :p I think I saw Calaingor's and just assumed Level 2.

Fair enough on the Glade Guard. Maybe to get some more scary charges get one or two more Wild Riders instead of Glade Riders? I don't know if that would hurt your shooting too much though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.