142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ:

Phoenix Lord: Jain Zar
Farseer+ Eldar Jetbike+ Fortune+ Singing spear+ Runes of warding

Troops:

Dire Avenger Unit:
10 Dire Avengers+ Exarch+ Bladestorm+ 2 avenger shuriken catapults
Wave serpent+ Shuriken cannon+ spirit stones+ Twin-linked eldar missile launcher

Dire Avenger Unit:
Wave serpent+ Shuriken cannon+ spirit stones+ Twin-linked eldar missile launcher

Dire Avenger Unit:

Dire Avenger Unit:

Elites:
Harlequin Troupe:
10 Harlequins+ Shadowseer+10x Harlequin’s Kiss

Harlequin Troupe:
10 Harlequins+ Shadowseer+10x Harlequin’s Kiss

Okay, i don't know what it is, but there is something about this list that i like... The idea just sounds good (it might actually be crap, but what do I know...) Here it is:

Everything starts behind cover.
First turn:
-The harlies go straight forward through the cover and fleet, with Jain-zar in the middle
-The serpents fly right over their heads 12", unload their cargo that does a bladestorm (somewhat like fish of fury...), the serpents also take some potshots.
-The farseer fllies forward and hugs some cover, maybe fortuning the harlies, just for fun...

Second turn:
The Harlies go straight forward through any cover, and fleet, with Jain-Zar in the middle
-The DA's reembark and fly around a bit (i might do some tank shocking, is that a good idea?)
-One squad of harlies gets fortuned by the farseer, the other one gets joined by jain-zar, and then they assault, and (What did you expect?) immediatly massacre into something else.

That's about it... what do you guys think? i know i'm short on anti-tank, but i don't really care, and my opponent (a footslogging chaos player) doesn't really bring lot's of vehicles except sometimes a rhino or 2

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
you are not short on anti tank, you have 4 serpents to dish it out, although they may struggle against heavy armour (land raiders and monoliths)
you HQs for my money dont fit, you dont need JZ, for that matter your harley squads are over powered, you need to drop 4-5 kisses from each squad, the farser isnt really helping either, fortuning 5+ saves isnt a brilliant plan, would probably rather see the DA pheonix lord as sole hq or give the farseer mind war and a singing spear with the bike he can then hunt tanks or character

·
Registered
154 Posts
Your on the right track, but some things could be done to make the list more solid. Like stated already, anti-tank is not your problem. You have things that don't make since and just not playing a very clear role.

Jain Zar is cool i'll admit, but taking a pheniox lord when that type of warrior is not on the board is kind of a waste. IF you were to use one the DA lord would be best.

I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish with the Farseer, but with so many DAs on the bored he would probably serve better by dooming units and if you wanted to, invest a few more points in him, give him spirit stones and eldritch storm to dual role him as a tank hunter. just have to be careful not to get him killed.

Your 4 DA squads are pretty solid, the wave serpents should act as your primary anti-tank weapon.

Harlies are expensive, and ten is a bit too much, drop them down to about 8 or 7 for some well needed points. i agree with Cheredanine, fortuning the harlies would not be the best strategy. pathfinders would not be a bad investment. if you read the fluff they do kind of fit into your theme. plus they add some pretty decent ranged support.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.