Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Characacters
Archmage: Lvl 4
Dispel Scroll, the Seerstaff of Saphery, silver wand (320)

High Elf Mage: lvl 2
Lvl 2 Dispel Scroll, the Seerstaff of Saphery (185)

High Elf Noble:
Heavy Armour, The White Sword, shield (131)

High Elf Noble:
dragon armor, shield, helm of fortune (118)

Core
15 High Elf Spearmen
+ full command (160)

15 High Elf Spearmen
+full command (160)
Special
15 Sword Masters+ full command (255)

5 Silver helms all + shield

Rare
2 Great Eagles

2 bolt throwers

tips plz

4 characters, 2 core, 3 special and 2 rare
power dices: 8
dispel:5
total points: 1999

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well first of all, I would say you should make your list legal, remember you can not have duplicate magical items (unless they are dispell scrolls...) So you should take the Seerstaff of of at least 1 of the mages (if not both, I don't particularly like that staff, why not save points with the Jewel of Dusk, that way you can get another Powerdice! Also I would suggest putting the Banner of Sorcery on one of your units to further increase your PD... Honestly just 8 PD doesn't cut it if you wanna go magic... Also I would suggest a musician for the Silver Helms, but furthermore I would rather use DP rather than Silver Helms anyday... and instead of taking 2 dispel scrolls, if you are worried about the enemy casting magic, why not switch your 2 dispel scrolls out for the Annulian crystal? It will take away one of his powerdice and you get it as a dispell dice! Def a great item that hurts the opponents MP badly (since it takes away and adds to you!). I hope these tips help, remember the way you play is all up to you, I hope you have fun sah! ^^

Regards,

VD*

·
Registered
278 Posts
Firstly legality, you can't repeat arcane items or have two on the same mage, so no to seer staff on both mages and either the seersatff or silver wand on the archmage. Its a good balanced list. I would convert the first noble to a BsB with armour of caledor and a great wepon the white sword is not worth the points and this noble won't survive combat with only heavy armour. I agree with the previous comments I would change the silverhelms for Dragon princes they hit much harder for a minor incerase in points cost you could also afford to drop the second noble if you used DP's instead of SH's because you don't need his extra attacks to give the unit impact, this would fund the change from SH to DP's and give you enough for the Banner of Sorcery to enhance your magic phase. Swordmasters hit incredibly hard but die incredibly easily to even basic bow fire, if you can find the points idealy i would suggest giving the lower level mage sacred incense and putting him with one units of SM to give them some protection and if possible giving the other unit the banner of ellyrion so that they can use any woods as cover, it also gives your opponent a very nasty supprise when they charge through a wood. A lot of players put the BoE on the DP's and this is very effective but IMHO the DP's don't need the same level of protection from missile fire that the SM do. I hope this is of some help, it is obviously only my oppinion, and I hope you have as much fun playing HE as I am good luck!

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
I will record all the points above and my own in a nice list of suggestions, that way making it slightly easier to read.

1) Drop the seerstaff from the archmage, as if you have 5/6 spells, you really don't need to pick them. Give him the sacred insence instead.

2) Drop the Helm of fortune noble and make the other one have the following configuration:

Noble: 143pts
Armour of Caledor
Great Weapon
BSB

3) Make both units of spears 17 strong with full command. You should place the mage in one unit and the BSB in the other

4) Get a unit of 11 Pheonix guard with full command and the banner of sorcery and put the Archmage in here for protection.

5) Upgrade your unit of silver helms to a unit of 6 dragon princes with musician.

6) Drop one of the swordmaster units entirely, and make the other one 10 strong with musician, and bladelord if you can afford it.

7) Get a small unit of 6 White lions to flank the archmages unit as a power unit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This should make your army look like this:

Heroes:

Dispel Scroll, Sacred Insense, silver wand (320)

Noble: 143pts
Armour of Caledor
Great Weapon
BSB

Core

17 High Elf Spearmen (Mage here)
+ full command (178)

17 High Elf Spearmen (Noble here)
+full command (178)

Special

10 Swordmasters: 168pts
Musician and Bladelord

11 Pheonix Guard: 245pts (Archmage here)
Full command
Banner of Sorcery

6 Dragon Princes: 190pts
Musician

6 White lions

Rare

2 Great Eagles

2 bolt throwers

Total: 1997pts
PD: 8 + D3
DD: 5 + 2 Scrolls

I hope this helps

ninja out

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think GN list is looking really strong for you.

The only changes I would make are the following:

I would drop the SM unit down to 7 with just a Musician and use it as a strong flanking or counter attacking unit.
I would use the points saved to boost the PG unit up to at least 14, (ideally I would like more to make the most of their 'fear'.

The only other change is purely preference but I would change at least 1 and probably both of the dispel scrolls for Power Stones. I just think that if you are taking High magic on your Mages the power stones give you the opportunity to go either defensive, (Drain Magic), or offensive. Also it means you aren't wasting the points against Dwarfs. Sorry I play them a lot :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Characacters
Dispel Scroll, silver wand (290)

High Elf Noble:
great weapon, battle standard, armor of caledor(143)

Core
15 High Elf Spearmen
+ full command (160)

15 High Elf Spearmen
+full command (160)
Special

15 phoenix gaurd+ full command, banner of sorcery (305)

6 Silver helms all + shield +musician(146)

Rare
2 Great Eagles (100)

2 bolt throwers (200)

tips plz

3 characters, 2 core, 3 special and 2 rare
power dices: 8+d3
dispel:5+ 2 scrolls+ high elf bonus
total points: 1995

thank for help :D

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
I think this list looks a lot better, but you still have 2 arcane items on your archmage which is illegal. I would definately drop the banner and champion from the silver helms. They would be a well-armored flanking only unit, so you don't want them to be too expensive and you definately don't want to give away points for banners for them. You could then bulk up the PG another 2 guys or add some spearmen.

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Here's a list that ginger gave me recently:

-----

Heroes

Noble, Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix

Mage, level 2, Jewel of the Dusk

Core

14 Spearmen, Full Command

14 Swordmasters, Full Command

Special

6 Dragon Princes, Standard, Drakemaster

Rare

Bolt Thrower

-----

I think that comes out to about 994pts and there may be mistakes in there but that's just about it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hehe... I think those Swordmasters are Special, swntzu, unless you have an awesome cool version of the book the rest of us missed out on.

Anyways... the 1k version looks really solid, although I think my distaste for command in certain units in smaller games is fairly well-documented. If you aren't giving them magic items to hold onto for the unit, often times, you're just handing your opponent free VP; they aren't that much better than normal troopers, and usually cost too much for what they do. In small games, I think you're better off simply taking more troops. Hell, I barely take command models in my 2k lists. But I think this is more a question of gaming philosophy and personal preference, I can see the argument on both sides.

The more interesting question is whether or not the Noble should have the BSB upgrade. On the one hand, if he doesn't take it, the Spearmen take their break tests on a 9, since the Noble will be the general. Swordmasters and Dragon Princes are already LD9, so this has no effect on them. But no unit gets the BSB re-roll. On the other hand, if he does take the upgrade, it forces your Mage to be the general. Your opponent will now have extra incentive to kill the Mage (100 extra VP), and will be rewarded the same for killing the Noble (100 VP for being general if he wasn't BSB, but still 100 VP if he is). However, now all three of your units have a BSB re-roll, and the only unit which doesn't have LD9 are the Spearmen, which are still LD8.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
-----

Heroes

Noble, Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix (143)

Mage, level 2, Jewel of the Dusk (150)

Core

20 Spearmen, Full Command (188)

Special

6 silver helms,musician, high helm(162)

15 Swordmasters, Full Command (255)

Rare

Bolt Thrower (100)

-----1000 points

thanks for the help again
;Y :party: ;Y :party: ;Y

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.