Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 2nd army list, i have another posted that is not magic heavy.

COMMAND:

Archmage lv: 4-guardian phoenix, ring of fury, staff of solidity, dispell scroll
350 pts

Mage lv: 2 on steed w/ barding: seer, dispell scroll
197 pts

Mage lv: 2 on great eagle w/ seer, dispell scroll
180 pts (*the pts for the great eagle are not included here but are for it in the rare section)

CORE:
8 silver helms w/ command, heavy armour, shields
219 pts

10 archers w/ light armour (yes i know why the armour but explained later)
130 pts

16 spearmen w/ command
206 pts

SPECIAL:

20 sword masters w/ full command
290 pts

1 tiranoc chariot
85 pts

6 shadow warriors
90 pts

RARE:

2 RBT's
200 pts

1 Great Eagle
50 pts

Power Dice: 10
Dispel Dice: 6 + 2 dispell scrolls

TOTAL: 2002 pts

The reason the light armour was given to the archers was because i had a few extra points left and i couldnt figure out what to do with them. Also i do have some things i couldnt decide on what to add so i have alternate lists in which certain units are replaced by others. I think this list could use some work so any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Banned
124 Posts
i'd suggest dropping the light armor on the archers (10pts)
as well as 2 silverhelms (46pts)
with those points i'd suggest taking the banner of sorcery and giving it to your swordmasters since this is supposed to be mgic heavy i just thought the banner would be a good fit
hope this helps

·
Registered
29 Posts
Firstly, I agree with everything skaven said, except I'd remove 3 silver helms, not 2.

I might just be being stupid, but isn't the option to ride eagles only available to archmages (and obviously commanders and princes)?

An army with 6 dispel dice and +1 to dispel rolls (not to mention high magic) is unlikely to need three dispel scrolls. I'd take all three of them out, along with the staff of solidarity (murphy's law clearly states that if you give this item to one mage the other two will miscast every single spell you try to cast) and give the archmage the annulian crystal. I can't imagine the guardian phoneix being too useful, either. One mage should definitely take the jewel of the dusk, and the silver wand would come in handy aswell. You might have noticed that I've pretty much just advised taking the same items I do, but I tend to think that with the high elf list, there are a few items that simply must be taken, and pretty much everyone uses similarly equipped mages anyway.

Personally, I don't think it's worth taking archers at all when you're going magic heavy, but I suppose they could be effective combined with curse of arrow attraction.

5 shadow warriors would do the job of 6 easily enough, aswell. Removing the sixth will buy your silver helms the banner of ellyrion, which can be damned useful sometimes.

Hopefully you've saved enough points to add in another eagle and that banner of sorcery, aswell.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
yep only princes and archmages and commanders can ride eagles not mages (they like to keep their feet on the ground until they grow senile enoughto be tricked into riding one)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Toss the ring of corin in there somewhere. It's a must in magic heavy lists. Will draw out 1-2 dispel dice every time.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
not so bound items mustbe done last so the dice will be gone by then

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
really must only be khemri then

the first time i took that ring it destroyed a chaos lords greater daemon sword thingy and lotsa lil stuff but the next time i took it it did squat so it is really one of those iffy things that either will work or fail spectacularly

so in saying that i find it useful as a point filler nothin more

1 - 8 of 8 Posts