Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first game, tested my first army and realized that it's impossible to only field nighties... I need some added punch in the shooting phase!

So here is the second lay out of my army list...

1 Night Goblin Great Shaman @ 285 Pts
General; Magic Level 4; Little Waagh
Horn of Ugrok
Staff of Sneaky Stealin'
Magic Mushrooms

1 Night Goblin Shaman @ 135 Pts
Magic Level 2; Little Waagh
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

1 Night Goblin Shaman @ 135 Pts
Magic Level 2; Little Waagh
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

1 Night Goblin Shaman @ 95 Pts
Magic Level 1; Little Waagh
Nibbla's Itty Ring
Dispel Scroll

28 Night Goblins @ 174 Pts
Shield; Musician

1 Night Goblin Boss

3 Fanatic

Shield; Musician

1 Night Goblin Boss

3 Fanatic

Shield; Musician

1 Night Goblin Boss

3 Fanatic

Shield; Musician

1 Night Goblin Boss

3 Fanatic

3 Snotlings @ 60 Pts

3 Snotlings @ 60 Pts

6 Squig Hoppers @ 90 Pts

6 Squig Hoppers @ 90 Pts

4 Squig Herds @ 120 Pts

2 Spear Chukka @ 70 Pts

1 Doom Diver @ 80 Pts

1 Doom Diver @ 80 Pts

Casting Pool: 11

Dispel Pool: 7

Models in Army: 186

Total Army Cost: 1996

The idea is to stand and shoot out all I have with my wizards and siege weapons, while squigs go forward and start bothering and tying up the enemy.

12 fanatics might seem an excess to you guys, but here in Italy nobody told me off for fielding them... on the contrary! When I proposed fielding 2 per unit they nearly tod me off! =)

The two inbued magic items are there to try and saturate the magic phase, so that the adversary won't have enough dice to dispel all my spells.

What do you think of it?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Had my first game, tested my first army and realized that it's impossible to only field nighties... I need some added punch in the shooting phase!

The idea is to stand and shoot out all I have with my wizards and siege weapons, while squigs go forward and start bothering and tying up the enemy.

12 fanatics might seem an excess to you guys, but here in Italy nobody told me off for fielding them... on the contrary! When I proposed fielding 2 per unit they nearly tod me off! =)

The two inbued magic items are there to try and saturate the magic phase, so that the adversary won't have enough dice to dispel all my spells.

What do you think of it?
People need to understand the Value of the Mad Cap Mushrooms!!!;Y I wouldn't take a NG char and Fanatics with out it. Rerolling your hits opens possibilities!. You can shoot them through your own guys and minimize the number of hits you take and maximize the number they take!

Using your list I think I might...

Couple of tricks if you don't mind me sharing them:
Put a mage with your guess ranged weapons. Use his ranged spells to help get a good idea of his distance for your guess ranges.
Put one unit of NG's behind another. Put the char with MCM in the unit in the back. Then when the front unit gets charged the rear unit will release fantics through the front. The great part of this is you can re-roll any 4, 5's or 6's to minimize damage on your unit. But now it's your opponet's turn. He will be taking 2d6 per fanatic because unless you roll un-godly high when you release your fanatics should be stopping 1 inch in front your unit. Meaning they will take 1 d6 hit for moving onto the fanatic and 1 d6 for stopping on it. Add on top of that you get to re-roll any 1's or 2's and the number of hits will add up quickly. Do that with 2-3 fanatics and it really starts to add up.

I might ask you to entertain a unit with bows. Great shooting pesky eagles or even large targets! Don't forget that everyone in the unit can see and shoot at a large target.

BTW beware the advice of those telling you to use so many NG's in so few units. Some see a NG unit loaded with Fanatics as bonus points. Think about it. 3 fanatics almost doubles the point cost of the unit. Just food for thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts