·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
That's alot of suits...

HQ = Shas'el + 2 bodyguards = 261 points
- plasma rifle, missle pods, targeting array, hard-wired multi-tracker
HQ = Shas'el + 2 bodyguards = 261 points
- plasma rifle, missle pods, targeting array, hard-wired multi-tracker
Mabye make one of the shas'els a monat as a Helios? (although with 6 railguns in the list this is probably not needed)

Elites = 3 Crisis Suits = 159 points
- twin-linked missle pods, targeting array
I do not think you need this many Deathrains. Swap one of the squads for a large unit of unupgraded Stealth Suits.

Troops = 12 fire warriors = 130 points
- team leader
- team leader
- team leader
- all have pulse carbine
- team leader
- all have pulse carbine
Do not give any of them Pulse Carbines. You could give them devilfish (although it is probably best to keep the list tank free or the few you get will get blown off the board).

Consider adding Kroot (tactically superb) or drones (essentially fire warriors that can keep up with your Suits).

·
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the pulse carbine on them just for the pinning but yeah best to just kill more since most armies are LD 10 or fearless it seams.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of DR's! DR's are great, but they like to hide and when you have 9 DR's some are going to be left out in the cold. As for the TA's on the DR's I would suggest BSF's for cost efficency and the TA only increases your hit from 1.5 to 1.667...

See if you can find some points for your BASS's, because they need SD's if you want them to really be feared.

·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
I would suggest BSF's for cost efficency and the TA only increases your hit from 1.5 to 1.667...
Giving them BSFs makes them less cost effective (except in night fight obviously) as you are paying 59.625 points per hit when you take the TAs and 61.33 points per hit when you take the BSF. (divide the cost by the probability of getting a wound to find this)

See if you can find some points for your BASS's, because they need SD's if you want them to really be feared.
Why don't you just put them in cover?

·
Registered
278 Posts
The margin between the two DR’s are nigh the same, but one cost more so I would side with the cheaper one. I also suggested it to Lyzaru because the extra point's saved could be used on SD’s.

Origionaly Posted by kroxigor01
Why don't you just put them in cover?
Like I mentioned earlier about their being too many units depending on cover such as the 9 DR’s, and now the BASS’s are also going to be squabbling for the same patch of grass. Heck, the HQ retinue also needs cover to allow for a cover save, but if Lyzaru or you play with enough cover to hide an entire Tau army who needs SD’s?

·
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have never really had a problem with not enough cover. Also the shield drones are good and bad at the same time, as they add to the squad losing them can cause you to take moral checks and I personal dont like having them in the squad nor do I want to buy shield drones.

The crisis suits I dont put in cover but rather jump out from behind it and then back behind it so the only things that will be in cover will be broadsides and fire warriors.

·
Gone
1,286 Posts
I think that it is an interesting list. It has anti-tank, anti-horde, anti-meq, and anti-light tank.

I would be very interested to fight against this list, as most of its models will be out of LOS at the end of the turn.

Just beware of IG troop heavy armies with bassies, and maybe blood angels.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd say drop the stabilizers on the Broadsides and shake up your weapons a bit. Other than that, the look on your opponent's face when you unpack your army should be worth the massive casualties this list will get you. Needs more burst cannons/volume fire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.