Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to gain a +1 on comp score since its a 'fluffy' list, though trying to not gimp myself.

My main concern atm is the lack of lances, making AV 14 a problem. I'm not sure what to change for them, so any input would be great. I was planning with Mind War to take out units with Powerfists, etc. Another concern is whether I have enough troop choices for a 2k list. I could max it and go 6 squads of 3.

Farseer
Eldar Jetbike, Witchblade, Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Fortune, Mind War, Doom

Warlock Unit
3x Warlock
Eldar Jetbike, Witchblade, Destructor
1x Warlock
Eldar Jetbike, Witchblade, Enhance
1x Warlock
Eldar Jetbike, Witchblade, Embolden

Guardian Jetbike Squadron
6x Guardian Jetbike Squadron
Eldar Jetbike, 2x Shuriken Cannon

Fire Prism
Prism Cannon, Holo-Field, Spirit Stones, TL Shuriken Catapult

Fire Prism
Prism Cannon, Holo-Field, Spirit Stones, TL Shuriken Catapult

Fire Prism
Prism Cannon, Holo-Field, TL Shuriken Catapult

Vyper Squadron
3x Vyper
Starcannon, Shuriken Cannon

3x Vyper
Starcannon, Shuriken Cannon

Shining Spears Squadron
2x Shining Spears
Shining Spears Exarch
Star Lance, Skilled Rider

Total: 1998.

·
Registered
154 Posts
if your hurting for points I'd say drop the holofields on the fire prism, they hurt more than they help and are quite expensive. Maybe move some warlocks to your jetbike squads, or drop the spears for more locks etc. I do see how those would help for the fluff bonus though, so it might not be wise.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Hoping to gain a +1 on comp score since its a 'fluffy' list, though trying to not gimp myself.

My main concern atm is the lack of lances, making AV 14 a problem. I'm not sure what to change for them, so any input would be great. I was planning with Mind War to take out units with Powerfists, etc. Another concern is whether I have enough troop choices for a 2k list. I could max it and go 6 squads of 3.

Farseer
Eldar Jetbike, Witchblade, Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Fortune, Mind War, Doom Drop doom +25

Warlock Unit
3x Warlock
1x Warlock
1x Warlock

Guardian Jetbike Squadron

Fire Prism
Prism Cannon, Holo-Field, Spirit Stones, TL Shuriken CatapultDrop holofield and stones+45

Fire Prism
Prism Cannon, Holo-Field, Spirit Stones, TL Shuriken Catapultsame as above+45

Fire Prism
Prism Cannon, Holo-Field, TL Shuriken Catapultdrop holo field+35

Vyper Squadron
3x Vyper
Starcannon, Shuriken CannonDrop cannon and replace star cannon with EML+45

3x Vyper
Starcannon, Shuriken Cannonsame as above+45

Shining Spears Squadron
2x Shining Spears
Shining Spears Exarch
Star Lance, Skilled Riderdrop skilled ride and replace with withdraw -15

Total: 1998.
So now we have 225 points left over to either beef up your list/ add something to it. To keep the fluffish list. You can add some shining spears to the squad. Id take an Autarch and give him mandiblasters, jetbike, fusion gun, lance. THen put him in a squad of 3 jetbikes witha shuriken cannon and then a warlock with a power, id probably take conceal or embolden. Lastly id put a warlock with conceal or embolden in the jetbike guardians/. ud be surprised how often you fail a ld 8 test at the worst time. Either that or conceal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perhaps some spiders instead of spears?

I do not know about dropping the Starcannons for EML, I know Starcannons aren't as good as they used to, but 1 shot riding on BS 3 seems kind of rough. I can see the point of them definately, but I tend to be running up against people who run 10+ terminators or 6 Fexes :| I though the ap2 would give some nice solid wounds, freeing the prisms up to blast, though 3 linking prisms is 7:2 large blast, once one of those goes its kind of dumps.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
star cannons really arnt that good against nids becuase you need 5s to wound with a star cannon. id use prism shots to take down the termies, or banshees ..which you do not have ;). warp spiders really arnt THAT good either. if you are looking to drop them for something useful....maybe something packed in a wave serpent?

and yes 1 shot with a BS3 weapon, but its the only real justification to take a expensive heavy weapon on it. zoom forward to try to get that side armor shot. even if he misses the opponent will shoot at it instead of ur more precious cargo.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I usually put Shuriken cannons on wave serpeants carrying assault troops. I put EML on the rest and always put a BL on one. ( i also have the 3prisms in the back already too). Spirit stones on all tanks. Never any other upgrades.

Reactions: Sile

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hmm. How does this look?

Farseer
Eldar Jetbike, Witchblade, Runes of Warding, Doom, Fortune, Mind War

Warlock Unit
3x Warlock
1x Warlock
1x Warlock

6x Guardian Jetbike
2x Shuriken Cannon

6x Guardian Jetbike
2x Shuriken Cannon

6x Guardian Jetbike
2x Shuriken Cannon

3x Guardian Jetbike
Shuriken Cannon

Fire Prism
Spirit Stones

Fire Prism
Spirit Stones

Fire Prism

3x Vyper
Missile Launcher

3x Vyper
Missile Launcher

Shining Spears Exarch
Star Lance, Withdraw.
5x Shining Spears

Maybe drop down on spears and try squeeze an Autarch in? Something that has popped up is not enough troops for a 2k Tourny Army. I could scrap the spears for DAs and a serpent or something.

Also, how would you deal with high armour targets, like terminators, fexes, tyrants etc.

·
1,273 Posts
Autarch+ more warlocks(i think 2 more is enough).

The reserve bonus is the most important bonus of the autarch as is really neededin tournaments against alpha IG or other hard lists.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Autarch+ more warlocks(i think 2 more is enough).

The reserve bonus is the most important bonus of the autarch as is really neededin tournaments against alpha IG or other hard lists.
I have to agree with niraco on this one. A Big Biker Council and a Jet biked Autarch will be the most useful.

I like the Vypers, but they need that second turn strike from reserves to survive at all.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Drop thje spirit stones on the prisms, add spirit stones to the farseer. Drop doom from the farseer and add star lance to the spears.

Autarchs are nice on jetbikes, put them with 3 guardians with a shuriken cannon with a warlock with conceal so they have a 5+ cover save. I basically use th em as 4 more wounds for the autarch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
if you're going to do a biker council, my opinion would be to go big or go home. i'd drop one squad of vipers and at least one power on the farseer and top up your warlock squad to 9 or 10. this will draw a considerable amount of fire away from your troops.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.