Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to make an Ork list that doesn't spam at all, one where each 'type' of unit is only used once. I slightly cheat, using 2 units of shoota boyz, but only one is on foot, and the other is in a battlewagon, so I count that as different 'types' of units.

It's a mixed list, with both speed freaks and shooty footslogging elements. How's it look?

HQ

Warboss w/cybork, eavy armor, combi-skorcha, powerklaw [105] (goes in battlewagon)

TROOP

12 Grots w/runtherder [46]

12 Slugga boyz w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole, trukk, ram, stikkbomb chukka [157]

19 Shoota boyz w/1 big shoota, nob, powerklaw, bosspole [159] (goes in battlewagon)

30 Shoota boyz w/3 rokkits, nob, powerklaw, bosspole [250]

7 Nob bikers w/3 powerklaws, painboy, cybork, 2 combi-skorchas, waaaaugh banner, bosspole [485]

ELITE

9 Lootas [135]

8 Kommandos w/2 burnas, + Snikkrot (9 models total) [195]

FAST

3 Rokkit buggies [105]

HEAVY

3 Killa Kans w/Kmbs [165]

3 Big Gunz Kannons w/3 ammo runts, 3 extra krew [78]

Battlewagon w/big shoota, kannon, grot riggers, armor plates [120]

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
The idea is very cool!

And also gives me the opportunity to give advice for someone who should give advice to ME :D

I think it also competitive enough but I would use a KFF, the trukk going to be popped damn quickly, everyone is full of antitank weaponry.

Snikrot? You said no spam at all :p but I would use a bit bigger squad of kommandoz too.

I took the first squad of boyz are slugga boyz...

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snikkrot isn't spam, it's cheese. ^_^

Spam is when you use the same unit over and over again. It's a Monty Python reference.

You're right about the trukk, I meant slugga boyz.

A KFF would be nice, but would it really protect enough? I get the feeling that if those vehicles are receiving heavy fire, the KFF won't make enough of a difference. I usually only use the KFF when most of the army is in a vehicle. In this situation I'm sort of hoping that the nob bikers draw some of the anti-armor fire. I'll have to consider it.

With Snikkrot, I'm not so sure that a bigger squad is any better. If they're caught out in the open, they tend to die no matter what. Any more and they'll be really expensive...what about Deffkoptas? Do you think deffkoptas could work instead?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm still a relatively new Ork player, but here's my thoughts. :)

HQ

Warboss w/cybork, eavy armor, combi-skorcha, powerklaw [105] (goes in trukk)
Solid.

TROOP

12 Grots w/runtherder [46]
Good. I usually like 14 + runtherd, but they are such a low target priority it shouldn't matter much either way.

11 Slugga boyz w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole, trukk, ram, stikkbomb chukka [151]
Good. I would consider putting the Warboss with the Battlewagon to offset the loss of 20 attacks from going shoota. Plus, that gives him a bigger wound buffer if his ride gets destroyed.

20 Shoota boyz w/2 big shootas, nob, powerklaw, bosspole [170] (goes in battlewagon)
As above.

30 Shoota boyz w/3 rokkits, nob, powerklaw, bosspole [250]
Fine.

7 Nob bikers w/3 powerklaws, painboy, cybork, 3 combi-skorchas, waaaaugh banner, bosspole [490]
3 Skorchas might be too many. I think that 2 would be just as effective.

ELITE

9 Lootas [135]
I would try to find the points for 1 more. The boost to leadership will come in handy.

8 Kommandos w/2 burnas, + Snikkrot (9 models total) [195]
Same as above.

FAST

3 Rokkit buggies [105]
Good.

HEAVY

3 Killa Kans w/Kmbs [165]
Good. You going to buy the new plastic kit for these?

3 Big Gunz Kannons w/3 ammo runts, 3 extra krew [78]
Good.

Battlewagon w/big shoota, kannon, grot riggers [110]
Not sure why, but I'm not liking this battle wagon setup. I see why you have it that way (you mentioned driving 6" so that you can use both the big shoota and frag cannon), but you still need to drive 12" on the first turn to ensure it's effectiveness.
The KFF might be helpful if you can have the Kans close enough as well, but I don't see where to get the points from effectively.

I say stick with Snikkrot. Deffkoptas are nice and all, but they don't pack quite the punch that Snikkrot does.

·
510 Posts
Grax i have to agree that a Kff mek is not going to do much for you but i do think a weard boy in the big shoota squad would be awsome you just drop snikrot and drop in the nob insted and pop in a normal wierd boy other than that i love the idea and the list your battle wagon dose not really suit my taiste but hey to each there own

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
I love koptaz but I have to agree, they don`t perform that well. This list is not short of anti-tank, so You don`t need more rokits.
But I really love koptaz, and with big shootaz they are a bit shootier than the kommandoz, also quicker and still can be useful when You come from the wrong side (if You outflank of course)
Just go with kommandoz, Snikrot has killa reputation (in your opponents eyes).

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone!

I was hesitant to put the warboss in the battlewagon because I didn't want to cause them to lose a big shoota, but you're probably right. I'll put him in there.

I don't see how 10 is better than 9 for leadership. By the time you have to make a leadership check, you'll be at leadership 7 either way. 9 seems good enough.

I was considering a Warp 'ead, as it would be really fun, but I just couldn't find the points for it in this list.

That battlewagon setup has worked quite well for me when transporting shoota boyz. With shoota boyz, I rarely move more than 6in, because I want the boyz inside to be able to fire as well, and that means I'll be able to fire both the big shoota and frag kannon.

Thanks for the help everyone!

P.S. Hell yes I'm getting the new Killa Kan set. ^_^

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.